Chapter 8: Clean-up
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This human talks too much."

As the thought took hold in the mind of Alerik, the death god snapped his fingers and just like that Dr. Lu Henry's head fell back against the door of his car's backseat. Negating any human limitations, the death god travelled to where the soul that he was assigned to perform the ascension rites on which was a couple of miles from where he previously was.

Alerik saw sputum drooling from the mouth of the heavyset man, he had his head on the headrest of the driver's seat with eyes closed. His ashen complexion was a telltale sign that he was nearing his end.

Hand stretched forward, the death god summoned a book that held the names of the humans under his jurisdiction. The pages flipped as though they had a mind of their own until it stopped on the page that had the name Lu Mann. 

During the time Alerik was distracted, in his state of panic the death god had to put away the golden cube and now that he was within close proximity of his target, the death god could exercise his powers as the overseer of life and death.

In a single strike a bright green bolt shot out from the elegant long fingertips of the death god and erased the name of Lu Mann leaving behind an empty spot from a list of names.

Next came an ice cold energy from the death god undoing the time and space continuum freeze and in a blink of an eye the car and its dead occupant disappeared, other cars that came to a dead stop under the influence of the death god's power suddenly kicked back to life and drove away like nothing extraordinary took place.

Unseen by human eyes, a young man slept with his back against the door of his car.

-------

In another part of town a car could be seen with full headlights on with a man slumped forward on the steering wheel this caused the horn of the car to blare continuously.

0