Trapped 2
135 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: I tried to finish the training arc in this chapter but it was a lot harder than I thought… so another one is bound to come. Sorry if you don't enjoy these but they're actually pretty fun to write. Enjoy!

After experimenting with what I like to call "Scientific magic" I figured out that in a way it was super useful, but in another way, it was super hard to use. When I use science magic, SM for short. I have to think about the specific ratios, elements, compounds, temperature and every other variable factor that I can think of that would make the magic work. There are two types of variables that I've found in my magic. The important variables and the not-so-important variables. If I don't focus on the important variables then the magic just doesn't work at all. The not-so-important variables simply reduces the mana cost exponentially. My best guess for the reason for this is that the mana is compensating/focusing on the not-so-important variables for me, thus increasing the mana cost.

I found that if I can think of every single variable (which is frankly impossible) then the mana cost gets reduced to minuscule levels. But I don't have the time or patience to think about every single variable every time that I cast a spell. Especially in combat. This is where the gamer system comes into play. Once I get the system back I'll be able to create spells that focus on every variable that I can think of and the system will hopefully create a skill for the spells that I plan on using. Making me be able to cast complicated scientific spells for very little mana. Or at least that's the plan.

Right now however the mana cost of spells is quite significant. I've decided to think of the base variables that I can think of on the spot when I'm alone, experimenting with magic, or just having fun NOT in a combat situation. When I'm in a combat situation I will only think of the important variables like elements needed, and how the reaction should occur. Everything else I will leave to the mana to compensate for. This makes casting spells a lot easier and less time consuming, at the cost of mana. But in a combat situation, this might save my life, so I will not complain.

I've also found that science magic has very very loose parameters. I suppose that it is magic after all, so that makes sense. The parameters that I've found are confusing and ever-changing however. If I desire a specific outcome to occur, it will most of the time occur if I'm even close to being right. For example: If I use 4 parts hydrogen, and 1 part oxygen then I light the little balloon of elements that I've gotten myself. The result is what you would expect, a loud LOUD bang and a shockwave enough to nearly blow my eardrums out. The amount of hydrogen and oxygen I used in grams can't really be measured but for simplicity's sake, I will say I used 100units of mana. No clue about that in grams.

However, if I use 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen then I get an oxidizing flame, which at the time was what I desired. This flame is way hotter than regular flames due to excess oxygen. But if I desired regular flames from this mixture which SHOULD be impossible but If I desired it then it would happen. It's all very confusing but I suppose that's what magic is, huh?

I've also found that my science doesn't have to be perfect, nor does it have to make sense. I don't need to know the specifics of how the science behind the reaction that I'm trying to achieve works, all I need to know is the reaction that I'm trying to achieve. It's all very very simple but complicated at the same time. It doesn't cost any extra mana if I don't know the specifics but the result is the same. I have no clue how that works, but it just does

Flashback* 3 hours ago in the middle of the forest, far away from frogs.

I wanted to see how my magic would react if I wanted something… slightly bigger than normal. I decided to use all my mana in a hydrogen and oxygen explosion. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but what I hadn't realized was that explosions are very exponential. 20grams of c4 plastic explosives can cause a small and not very deadly explosion, 200grams which isn't THAT much more can kill dozens. It is the same with hydrogen and oxygen explosions.

I walked into a small clearing and held my hand in front of my body.

First, visualize flames, then create a spark. As long as there is oxygen around it creates a small flame. A small blue flame. Isolate more oxygen and hydrogen. Condense the vast amounts of hydrogen and oxygen in a small space by imagining a vacuum around only the elements. Visualize all of my mana turning into hydrogen and oxygen in the ratio of 2:1 inside the small sphere of flame. I can feel the explosion raging inside the vacuum but I don't let it go yet. I decrease the flashpoint of the oxygen, hydrogen mixture inside the vacuum and the force of the explosion inside the vacuum increases by 10. My hold is starting to crumble so I fling the ball of death and destruction as far as I can possibly fling it and accelerate it with my regenerating mana. The mana that I push at the explosion only increases the power of the ball and I realize my mistake.

I watch the ball of blue flames fly through the air for a second before throwing myself to the ground in a panic and start digging with my hands as fast as I can possibly dig. I don't get very far at all when a purple light invades my vision, completely blinding me. The shockwave from the explosion collides into me and I feel my organs almost turn to mush, my bones rattle and my hearts momentarily stop. I get knocked into a tree which moans under my weight and the force being thrown at it.

I fell to the ground and grunt in pain. I look up from the ground and see a scene from world war 2. The trees near the impact zone in a 500meter radius are all just completely gone, the trees that aren't completely gone are being eaten by flames. Molten hot something is falling from the air like a deadly rain, I dodge a few drops of molten death and the ground instantly sets aflame where the drops landed. I can feel vast amounts of XP flowing into my body and I level up countless times. Holy shit I just committed fucking mass genocide.

The crater left behind by the explosion isn't all too bad, maybe 100meters in diameter. however, the thermal energy that left the ball of death upon impact completely incinerated everything 500meters around the impact zone, leaving a barren wasteland with no green. Only black. The flames have turned to a normal healthy orange color, which is currently causing a forest fire. Uh… I know that I should be worried about the environment of my ID (since oxygen is probably limited in here and whatnot) but what I'm really worried about is whether or not I get the XP from the damage the flames cause? Surely some snakes and other slow animals will get caught by the flames?

I'm not worried about the frog tribe's safety since I don't really care about them. They haven't really done shit for me except give me a place to stay. I'm pretty far from their land. They should be safe. Probably.

The impact zone itself is a steaming mess and the crater goes down into the ground (the dirt probably got evaporated.) for about 20meters or so. Easy cave digging anyone? Free fuckin iron cunts!

Flashback end*

So that's how that went, and I was right! The frogs are fine. I'm pretty sure that the reason there was so much thermal energy was due to the oxidizing flame inside the sphere thingy. Also if were wondering, this thing can't compare to a nuclear explosion, which I'm still working on making. In real science, I doubt that this result would've been possible. If it was then terrorists would all be using it. But It works for me, so I won't complain.

Also, I think the forest fire is still raging on. How do I know this? I'm still receiving XP every now and then, but the slightly worrying thing? It's actually getting faster. I used to get XP every 10minutes or so, but the rate is reducing considerably. Now it's every 2minutes or so. Which could mean a variety of things.

1: The fire has invaded a tribe or something, and it's hunting the survivors.

Or 2: The fire is spreading… A lot. Both of these options are kinda worrying, the second one even more so. I'm 6kilometers away from the impact zone, but wildfires can travel really fast. Especially in a massive forest that is dense with trees. I'm not worried about the frogs. I'm worried that the forest fire catches up to me and I have to be on the run constantly. It's unlikely but there is a small chance.

I might be able to cause rainfall to happen, but I wouldn't count on that stopping the forest fire. Sigh, I just had to go and commit an act of genocide again, didn't I? Now the consequences might fuck me over.

Also, that reminds me. My sword has become so fucking sharp that I can't even put it on my bed anymore. The sword just went straight through the bed and stopped only at the handle. I put the sword on the ground on its flat edge. I'm not sure exactly how sharp it is but it can cut through my skin, wood, and rocks without any effort. Cool.

*Ping*

*User has received common gacha token for killing a mini-boss in the ID: Death forest*

What. How did a mini-boss die to a fucking forest fire? Are you kidding me? Was it a fat cunt that couldn't move even while it was burning alive? Jesus Christ dude.

I open the gacha token and sigh at what I get, how fucking useless. I can't even sell it or put it in my inventory since I don't have my inventory right now. The system seems to be nitpicking on which notifications to show me and when to answer my questions. It won't show me how many levels I'm gaining, or that I'm even killing stuff. I only know because of the feeling of XP inside me. Overall the system is being a cunt.

*Ping*

*Common gacha token redeemed. Reward: Heavy Borean leather*

It didn't even give me any kind of description for it. It's a small piece of leather that looks very new. As the name implies its kinda heavy, heavier than normal cow leather. It can go around my hand twice, that's how big it is. It's sorta useless to me since I don't have much to do with it. I might just give it to the frog people as a gift or something. I don't fucking know, it's so useless!

But I guess that's all you'll get from a common gacha token. I got really lucky in mine, the system showed its childishness when it gave me that potion making vial. It probably thought I was going to use it to make water or something. Did it learn from its mistakes? It wouldn't surprise me if It did.

Anyways, I can't smell any smoke or feel any heat yet, so I'll assume that the wind is blowing the fire in the opposite direction to this village. Good for me, bad for whatever is in the opposite direction.

I asked the system where the fake Tiamat is and to my surprise, it answered me. It said that Tiamat was in the center of the forest. Which I see as fitting. When I asked where the fuck the center of the forest was I got a feeling of attraction to the north-east. So I guess that's the middle.

I'm not sure what the system means by subdue, so I won't head there yet. Even if this is an ID and the dragon is weak as shit, it's still Tiamat. So I'm going to train until I feel like I could escape no matter what from Tiamat, and then head to the middle of the forest and see if subdue means to stop her from moving momentarily. Or if it perhaps means to kill Tiamat. Or something else entirely.

I realize I've been thinking for a while and it's now late-morning, so I should get up and do something. I won't get stronger by doing nothing, so training it is.

XP flows into me and I level up again. Okay, so maybe I will get stronger without doing anything… But that is not an excuse for not having fu- I mean, training!

I walk out of my hut and some of the frogmen gaze at me. Some gaze at me with clear hostility and some look at me with caution, awe, and some even with lust. The lust is coming from woman, thank god for that. Most of the men are looking at me with hostility and leaking killing intent.

What did I ever do to you guys? Damn. Did they find out about the forest fire? Or is it just that I'm that awesome that I attract enemies everywhere I go?

I examine all of the frogs and I can tell that they're all weaker than Jebediah. I could probably take on most of them in hand to hand combat. Or I could just nuke the entire tribe. But that would also take me with them. So I won't do that I guess. How sad. No genocide for me.

I plan on leaving today since I'm going to move towards the center of the forest, this forest is massive so It'll probably take me some time to get to the center. I wonder if the levels that I'm gaining go towards my INT and WIS? I can't check since the system won't let me, so I don't know if these levels are being wasted or not.

*Ping*

*Levels gained in death forest will not be wasted.*

Okay. That answers that. My main goal right now is to gain as many levels as possible, hopefully hundreds. And I have a solution for that. The solution is actually just genocide, I was planning on having a training montage where I have life or death situations like in all the animes but that's just fucking retarded. Why do all the work when nature can do the work for me? I can feel that I'm losing about 10% of the XP from having the fire kill stuff for me, I guess it's because I'm doing it indirectly or something. So it's not the most efficient method but I couldn't care less. It's more efficient than fighting stuff myself. That's for sure.

Time to commit more genocide.

I leave the frog tribe's land without talking to anyone or informing anyone of me leaving, why would I? The guards at the entrance looked at me suspiciously for a second but in the end, let me pass.

I walk in the north-east direction for an hour before stopping. How do I cause the most damage that I possibly can with the amount of mana that I have? How much mana do I even have now?

I summon all of my mana into a sphere in front of me and I'm stunned. I guess those levels weren't going to waste after all. The sphere in front of me is many times bigger than before if I had to guess I would say I have about 6000 units of mana right now. I can do a lot of damage with this. I also have plenty of time so I can reduce the cost of committing genocide by accounting for all the factors.

When committing mass genocide I have to account for how to do it as best as I can. The wildfire that I caused a few hours ago is still burning but it's not nearly fast enough. I could create a mist of cyanide to spread across a large area of the forest, but that would also take a while, there might also be some species that are immune to cyanide. Radiation would work very well but it's unpredictable and might come back to bite me in the ass.

I guess I'll just use the same method as before. But this time with even more mana. I need some sort of bunker however, so before I unleash hell upon this ID I will create a bunker of some kind.

I use 1000units of mana to dig a hole that is 3 meters deep and has enough space for me to move around comfortably. All the dirt from the hole just kind of disappears, I'm not sure if I can weaponize this or not, but based on previous experiences I probably can't due to the natural protection of beings. Still useful though.

Next, I command my magic to gather me hundreds of rocks with iron in it. It takes a few seconds but rocks start appearing out of thin air and settle on the ground next to my hole. I have to assume that when I "create" something out of thin air it doesn't just come from nowhere. It probably comes from the area around me or something. If I was creating things from nothing it would require a massive amount of energy. Energy that I do not have.

Next, I need to level up my sacred gear, I need to level it up either way, so doing it now is good enough for me.

*12 hours later*

The sun is going down but I'm very pleased with my progress, I don't know exactly how hot the flames that I produce are but I know that they're hot enough to melt iron ore in 2 minutes.

I go to sleep and leave the iron in its molten state hoping that it doesn't leak into my hole. That'd be bad.

The next morning*

Getting up I get back to work instantly. I still don't need to eat, so I can work without any stops, the only time I need to stop is when it turns to night time. I can't see very well in the dark and when working with hot molten iron that seems to be a problem.

*third-person pov*

Ira grabs the iron that he left next to his hole yesterday and is thankful that they're cold. He doesn't want to burn his hands off or anything.

He summons his sacred gear and sets fire to a tree near him, the tree collapses after 15minutes of burning and he collects all the charcoal that is left behind. He places the iron and charcoal next to each other and uses his sacred gear to melt both into each other. He also cheated a little since he didn't know the exact ratio to make steel, so he used a little bit of magic to alter the outcome.

Once he got the steel he molded it into 60mm thick sheets of flat steel. He got several pieces from the amount of iron that he had on hand. He tried to summon more iron but it failed, probably because there is no more iron in the ground around him. Which confirmed his theory. It does not create the iron, just steals it from around him. Cool.

He also created screws and bolts just in case he can't secure the steel to the hole with magic, but he probably won't need the screws and bolts, since magic is magic.

He placed several thick sheets of magic into the hole that he dug, noting that the sides of the hole seem to be perfect 90-degree angles. Magic is magic. He made a box of metal underground with 5 sides being steel. The bottom of the floor is steel, and all the sides are steel too.

He basically just made a tank that doesn't move. A very shitty looking tank but still a tank. Right?

Next, he began working on securing the steel to the walls. He used magic to harden the dirt around the hole to very compact and condensed dirt, making it stronger than regular dirt. And then used magic to gather "glue" from around him. This took a considerable amount of mana since he didn't specify what kind of glue, or where to get it from, the elements needed, or anything like that. He was a physicist, not a chemist. Don't blame him.

He secured the steel to the walls with the magic glue and waited for them to dry. He decided to do something until they dried. He took the remaining steel and cut it into pieces. A piece that was big enough to cover the entire hole, a piece that was to be used as a handle, a hinge so he could open the door and he also contemplated cutting a hole into the "door" so he could have ventilation, but decided it was not necessary since he could just use magic to get air. And also because he didn't plan on staying down in the "tank" for long.

The glue dried and he started assembling the door to his hole. He ran into no problems and now he was the proud owner of a fallout bunker, that is half functional. The bunker is small and shabby but it should do the trick. The steel rectangle that he made is stuck 2 meters into the ground, leaving a meter of space above the bunker for dirt when he needs to use it. He's not afraid of getting trapped underground since he has magic, He's probably safe.

Deciding that the bunker was good enough he crawled out of the hole and got ready to perform an act that went against the geneva convention. This should give him enough XP for the time being, and if it didn't? More genocide. As far as he knew this ID was special. Most ID's were only a kilometer or so big, this one was far bigger. The system thought that it was testing him? Don't make him laugh, to him the system was allowing him to grind XP at an insane rate.

He gathered up 90% of his mana, leaving 10% in case things went wrong.

Visualize all the air in a big sphere being pushed out of its place, creating a vacuum. Fill that vacuum with pure hydrogen and oxygen in a ratio of 2:1. Do not allow the hydrogen and oxygen to escape from the vacuum. Push even more hydrogen and oxygen into the vacuum until it is dense enough to be seen. Since this explosion will be hundreds of times bigger than the last one visualize a timer. A timer which will create a spark inside the vacuum and release the vacuum once the explosion is ready to be released. Feed mana to the timer so that it can create a spark even under the massive pressure inside the vacuum. The bomb is ready to be deployed. The timer is set to 2minutes. Check one last time that everything is in order. Finalize the bomb and release it.

He uses mana to fling the sphere of death in the north-east direction as far as possible. He uses his 10% remaining mana to push the sphere as fast as possible. He's completely exhausted and feels like he's empty, but keeps on pushing. Once 60 seconds passes he has no mana left at all and he can't see the bomb anymore, it went over the horizon and will land any second. His mana is regenerating at an insane speed but he can't reach the bomb with his mana anymore since the link was broken when he ran out of mana.

He jumps into the steel bunker and quickly closes the door. He commands the dirt above him to fill the space above the bunker as much as possible and the dirt eagerly follows his command. Filling the space and making it look like there is no bunker at all below the dirt. Just a freshly dug grave.

Ira waits in the steel bunker with anticipation and fear, he has no idea how big this explosion is going to be. What if the bomb has so much energy that it starts a fusion reaction? If so that would increase the explosion radius by many many times and he would definitely die. Back when he was alive, he was a physicist… but no one said he was a good physicist. He never really followed guidelines and the only experiments he would do are the ones that could kill hundreds of people if done wrong. So obviously he's not very cautious when doing things that involve death and destruction. Which may backfire on him right this second.

40seconds pass and just as Ira was about to check if the bomb failed or something he gets a terrible feeling. Moments pass and his entire body is screaming out in pain. The steel bunker vibrates with such intensity that it creates a screeching noise, the explosion bent the steel and flung Ira against the wall of the bunker. The top of the bunker is completely obliterated and dirt is flowing into his hole at a frightening rate.

He can't breathe since blood is flooding his lungs and he starts to suffocate. He uses his mana to summon the blood in his lungs out into the space in front of him in a desperate attempt to save his life. It works and blood splashes against the steel floor, enabling him to breathe again.

He realizes that he can't hear the splash of blood against the steel, signaling to him that his eardrums ruptured. He tries to stand up but finds that he can barely move. Telling him that he has some sort of brain damage. His spine feels completely destroyed, but he can still feel his legs. The only good thing that he can feel right now is that the flow of experience is like a massive waterfall.

The dirt that was torrenting in from the hole has stopped, presumably because it got clogged or something similar. That is a good thing, while there is not enough dirt above him to completely fill the bunker that he is in, it would be quite uncomfortable. He made sure that when "designing" this bunker that he thought of things like that. That's why he only dug down 3meters. He made the bunker itself 2 meters and the dirt above 1meter. Making it impossible to suffocate from the dirt above. Except if he was sitting... He is such a genius. Too smart for this world.

He tries his best to stay conscious but his body simply won't listen. As a last command to his fading consciousness, he makes it so that he is constantly supplying air from the outside into his bunker.

Ira didn't realize it at the time of falling unconscious, but the shockwave from the explosion reached the center of the forest… and awakened something very angry.

*Elven village. 129 Elves*

"We are here to feast! We are here to celebrate! WE ARE HERE TO GIVE THANKS! LET US FEAST!" Says an old, saggy looking man with tipped ears and green eyes.

Currently, the elves were having a festival, a festival to thank the land for such a good harvest of salads and fruits. Usually, elves are very conservative and only eat as much as they need, but today it is all you can eat!

"Mother! Mother! When are the firework magicians going to perform?!" Asks an excited little girl. She might seem like she's only 10, but she's actually 52. Elves have a very slow development rate. So Elves under 100 are seen as children. And also act like one.

"They will begin after you eat your food princess." Said the mother. In truth, she had no idea when they would begin. but this was good motivation to make the little girl eat. She had been getting too skinny for her tastes. She tried to force her to eat more food but she had been raised by her father to be very conservative, and when she had tried to force her daughter to eat more she would break down in tears. So tricking her daughter into eating is morally acceptable for her.

"Woah!? REALLY? OKAY MOM!" She began to wolf down salad and blueberries, her favorite. The mother smiled and thanked the gods that she didn't refuse.

Elves were very sensitive towards nature and magic. So when a day ago a great forest fire started all the Elves who could sense it experienced massive sadness. But they consoled themselves that the fire could have been a result of the hot summer, and the sun could have caused a leaf to catch fire. It was very possible, so it removed from the sadness a little.

However they couldn't feel good about themselves even if the sun caused it, so they sent a squad of their best water mages to go and help out the forest as much as possible.

The Elves believed that the forest was alive. Many other races thought that they were stupid for believing something so dumb. That includes the dark elves, elves who live the exact opposite way that elves do. They eat as much as they want every single day, they engage in carnal pleasures without embarrassment and don't give two shits about a forest fire. Ira would very much like dark elves, for sure.

Lulia here who was currently wolfing down greens is a very good magic sensor. Elves as a whole are very good, but Iulia is even better than the best (when they were her age) she is a prodigy in sensing mana but has very low mana in return. She is a lot better at sensing mana than even most adult Elves at the festival. So when she sensed a truly massive amount of mana quickly spiraling towards their village she dropped her food and nearly choked on the salads that were in her throat.

Her mother was concerned about this behavior, she couldn't sense the same thing that lulia sensed. "What's wrong honey? You can eat all you want… Please.." She said with a sad smile

"Mo-Mom! *cough* We need to get out of here! There-there is a dragon or something coming towards us! WE NEED TO RUN!" She screamed. She only knew one being that had that much mana. An elder animal. All elder animals are cruel and see all other animals as entertainment. The dragon, or whatever is coming towards them is surely going to destroy them for fun!

"Wha, what do you mean honey? There's nothing in the sky… see?" The mother disregarded her child's fears since dragons can be heard from miles away. They like their cool entrances after all.

Just when Lulia was about to scream at her mother again all the other Elves instantly froze. The music screeched to a halt and everyone began screaming. Her mother finally realized that her daughter was right but it was too late. The object spiraling toward their location crashed into the earth in the middle of their table, destroying the wooden table and obliterating all the food on the table.

All of the Elves were paralyzed since this was a truly massive amount of mana, so so close to them. They all turned towards the mana source with all their willpower and were confused.

When all the dust settled they saw a swirling sphere with 2 pretty colors. Some of the braver Elves got up off their ass and started taking heavy steps towards the sphere, trying to figure out what it was… Every single step took 5 seconds to take due to the pressure of the mana. One of the Elves got within reaching distance and tried to touch it.

*Click* A click was heard and the Elf froze. A single spark was seen inside the swirling colors and all of the Elves felt the same thing for a single second… Terror. And then nothing. All of the Elves were gone before they could even make a sound. Along with their entire village. Leaving nothing but a deep crater. And fire. Lots of fire.

*The frog tribe. 29 Frogs.*

The stranger known as Ira had left a few hours ago. Jebediah was sad that he had left, but also very relieved. A great forest fire had started a few hours ago and for some reason, he had a gut feeling that the greater animal was involved… But he had decided to spare his tribe, which he was grateful for. He did not doubt that if he hadn't helped the greater animal than he might have started the forest fire closer to his tribe. Not on purpose, but there was a chance.

Everyone was celebrating the occasion for several reasons. It is believed that if a greater animal sets foot on your land/tribe then you will have good luck for years to come. Others are celebrating because they are happy that the greater animal left, and didn't leave behind any death. Only Jebediah knows that the fire was probably started by Ira. He had felt a terrible omen a day ago and then the forest fire started. He's not sure if that terrible omen was because of the mana used (which he couldn't feel) or because he has some kind of seer ability.

He was currently participating in a mating ritual with one of the hottest frog girls in his tribe. During times of great happiness or joy, all the women in the tribe become fertile. So the tribe leader decided to capitalize on this fact and force all the men to release their sperm when the women release their fertile eggs. However, this could only be done one on one so they pick the "couples" randomly. Jebediah got lucky and got a hottie.

Frogs don't actually fuck, they just release the egg and sperm at the same time and hope for the best. But it's still good for his reputation, he can brag about this moment. What a fucking loser. Doesn't even have sex and he brags about it. That's like cumming in your pants from a stripper grinding on you and you bragging about it to your friends.

"Come on release it already! You're taking so long" She begged for his cum, it's not his fault for taking so long. He needs to open his sperm ducts and will his balls to shoot it out. It's hard okay?

He was about to nut when he got the same terrible omen, only this time it was dozens of times worse. He instantly lost his erection and only a tiny drop of cum leaked out of his tiny dick. He was very embarrassed but the terrible feeling stopped him from caring much.

"Shit! We need to get out of here! I've got a feeling that something terrible is about to happen" He said to the hottie. She thought that he was just trying to cover up the fact that he only came 1 little drip by saying that, so she laughed at him. Her laugh sounded like a dry croaking and rasping sound. Not a very nice laugh.

"I'm serious! I got this same feeling when the forest fire started! We need to leave! NOW!" As soon as he said that he ran towards his hut to get his children, but he realized halfway… there's not much that he can do. All he can do is hope for the best.

He reached his house and instantly told his children to huddle up and to get on the ground. He wasn't sure what was coming but he knew it wasn't good...

*80 Seconds later.*

"So yeah, that's how it happened. He ran away shouting about some terrible omen. Can you believe it? One tiny spurt? If he was the father of my children I'd be embarrassed!" She ridiculed. Jebediah was the strongest hunter in their village but apparently, he didn't have much prowess in bed.

She stopped laughing when thousands of birds flew overhead, heading in the south-west direction. All fleeing from something? Or perhaps they were migrating?

She started getting worried when the number of birds migrating to the south-west didn't stop, they only continued increasing more and more. Birds usually migrated in big groups… but this is absurd, there must be thousands of birds at least. The sky was being covered by birds, all flying at their maximum speed and shoving each other in the sky.

All of the birds started being even more frantic and trying to further away when suddenly all the birds closest to the northwest direction started plummeting.

Her eyes widened but before she could even shout a massive shockwave hit her, sending her flying into the air. All the huts in the tribe shook vigorously and all the settled dust on them instantly got removed. The huts barely managed to stay on the ground.

She spit out blood and could feel that she bit her tongue by accident. She realized that she couldn't hear anything and touched her ears. Blood. There was blood inside her ears! She tried to speak, to croak, to do anything but she couldn't hear any of it! She was deaf!

What came after the initial shockwave was even worse.

She remembered when they were migrating from the south up towards the north that they had a dry patch of a month. The temperature was boiling and they all nearly died. The only reason they hadn't died from the heat was because of the numerous streams and rivers in the forest.

The same feeling from the dry patch that she experienced was back… only much worse. The air was sizzling with heat and she could swear that she felt herself being cooked slowly. She fell to the ground and had to put a lot of power into taking breaths, the air felt heavy and whenever she took a breath it burned her throat.

She scrambled for water to quench the fire burning inside her throat, but the water did nothing! The air was still burning her throat every time she took a breath! She could feel blood start to well inside her lungs again and she cursed herself for not listening to Jebediah… perhaps she could've taken shelter inside her hut if she had listened.

*With Jebediah*

Jebediah was huddling in the corner of their hut and he was covering his children with his body. His small penis still out in the open because of his hurry. He realized this and was disgusted with himself.

His son was looking at his father with disgust and thought his father had finally gone mad, first bringing the greater animal to the tribe and now shoving his cock in front of Elli's face?

He was about to push his father off of them when the shockwave crashed into his body and he could feel his organs begging for release from his body.

All 3 received the impact but Elli and Josef got less of the concussive force due to Jebediah blocking it with his own body. The hut also helped block some of the force so none of them were in a critical condition. Cuddling did nothing for the heatwave however. Jedediah began sweating bullets and detached himself from his children. He tucked away his cock and balls and apologized to sweet, virgin Elli.

Elli didn't mind since it was her first experience with a penis, she wouldn't mind touching it, to be honest. She received the least of the force since she was the most covered. She could feel that something bad was coming just like her father. It seems like it's a family trait that Josef didn't get.

She didn't think that the situation was that overly bad since she had only felt a small part of the shockwave. The heatwave that came afterward proved her wrong. Every breath stung her throat and her eyes began to water. Her body temperature rose and her body tried to regulate the change by sweating large amounts of water. Cooling her down but also dehydrating her immensely. She realized that the situation was a lot worse than she had thought at first. She could only hope that the heat would be a temporary thing or else they would be forced to move their tribe to a nearby river or stream.

Upon further thinking, she realized this would be a really bad thing. All the animals in the forest would also do the same and there would be inevitable conflict. And they are a rather weak race… This was bad, really bad.

*Water magic Elves. 12 Elves.*

We were dispatched to help deal with the forest fire. obviously, more than 12 Elves can use water magic in a sizable village but we were the best. We also wanted the group to stay small so that we could get to the fire fast. Big groups take longer to mobilize and need more supplies. 12 is a good number.

We ran into some animals on the way and they all seemed distressed. We assume that the animals in this part of the forest all come from the fire. Distressed animals are very normal during times of calamity. Animals trade their intelligence for better instincts. Or at least that is what we believe.

P'avilenikanei was walking at the front of the group. She was appointed the leader since she was the eldest. Elves associate age with wiseness. Which is untrue but that is what they believe. The longer you live the more you see, the better choices you make. Or something like that.

She could smell the burning wood, so she knew that she was getting close. The massive cloud of black smoke was also a good indicator that they were close. They had been traveling restlessly for a day now trying to get to the fire as fast as possible to limit the damage. The vitality of Elves is quite high, so they had no problems with traveling for a day or two at a time.

They arrived at the massive fire and they were all awed, sad, and disgusted. Mainly sad. They were incredibly sad to see life being lost so needlessly. That was why they only ate fruit. Elves were very religious towards nature.

It's kind of hypocritical to think about, the Elves eat plants which are a lot more natural than animals, who also eat plants, killing nature. It would be a lot better to eat the animals who eat the plants to preserve nature. Am I right or what?

The Elves all started casting their water spells. They all made sure to preserve as much mana as possible so they could extinguish as much of the forest as possible.

They managed to extinguish an acre of the forest before they all ran out of mana. They were about to set up camp when a massive purple light could be seen coming from the north-east direction.

"Huh, have the firework mage's gone all out? We could see that from all the way over here! Wow!" Said one of the dumber Elves. That was a dumb thing to say… not even with all of their mana combined would they be able to make something like that happen.

P'avilenikanei was worried, she thought about abandoning the mission since the village might need help. She made up her mind 60 seconds later when the shockwave reached them. It felt like a strong punch to the gut. It reminded her of the time when the firework mages accidentally set off a firework too early, she could feel the same punch… but this one was way stronger, and it was felt from way farther away. How big would the explosion be for her to be able to feel the shockwave from so far?

"Everyone get up! We're heading back right now! I have a bad feeling about this. Pack up your supplies, we're gonna run!" Said P'avilenikanei she wanted to get back as soon as possible. She knew that the explosion was very very close to her village, but she hoped that there would be survivors…

"Come on captain! What are you worried about? Some fireworks? I'm sure they're just enjoying the festival without us. Calm down, captain." Said the dumb Elf. He would regret that as P'avilenikanei uppercut him in the chin, a very unusual thing to do for an Elf. He lost 4 teeth from the punch and was about to retaliate when he looked into her eyes, seeing nothing but suffering if he didn't back down. He looked away and conceded.

"Let's get moving! NOW!" She commanded. And so, they got moving again. The forest fire forgotten completely in favor of saving their village.

Sadly, they did not know that there was nothing left to save.

An: I planned to finish the training in this chapter but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I hate having to replace chapters but idk how to do it any other way. Ira spreads genocide for free!

0