chapter 6
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
sorry for posting so late today, I have chapter 7 almost done, but ill complete it by tomorrow. maybe ill even post three.

I'm trying to do 2 chapters a day with each being over 1k words. I should be able to complete the challenge and get 50k words by November end. Wish me luck!

 

As Bear was approaching, Saiph's right arm expanded by a visible amount. It did not seem to be anything of a freakish nature like the Bear's arm, but on Saiph’s malnourished body, it was an obvious change. 

 

Seeing this, Bear panicked, ‘Does he have another Mygan in his arm?’ 

 

All of a sudden this mine worker seems to pose a threat to him, but luckily, he also has a physical type mygan, which is the Skunk Bear Arm Mygan that Saiph noticed earlier.  Though it's a rank 1 Mygan, it should be much stronger and faster than human arms, it can also be used as a momentary defense. 

 

Swinging with Skunk Bear Arm Mygan with his best speed, while aiming for the neck, he thought that victory was his.

 

But all of a sudden, the Miner maneuvered his body flexibly and avoided the attack. Further still, Bear had no time to be surprised, because a shadow slammed into his neck while his body was extended in the attacking posture.

 

The steward tried to say something but all he could was a gurgle followed by the spewing of blood.

 

He fell to the ground and his last act was to reach for his neck to find that a pickaxe was stuck there.

Saiph looked at his right arm while standing up from his crouched position, it was slowly returning back to normal. This is what he found out just now because his right arm proficiency reached such a high degree, he was able to overtax the arm and bring out abilities beyond its usual limits.

Reaching such high proficiency of 96% allowed such a thing. But, he also found out that after reaching 50%, his other body parts can also be overtaxed, however, the resulting strength is a lot less than that of the right arm. 

 

However, his entire body started to ache. In this confrontation, the majority of overtaxed muscles have been strained greatly and have become too tired, while his right arm has little fatigue. It seems the high proficiency of the arm can also decrease the side effects of overtaxing. 

 

But Saiph was more focused on what had occurred and what he just did. Living all his life in a small relatively closed-off village made the villagers become a tight community, especially since they needed each other to survive.

 

Saiph lost his parents when he was younger, that night, his parents were traveling in a caravan with other members of the village and a number of stewards. The caravan decided to camp and wait till morning to start moving again. however, Saiph had gotten into an argument with his parents and ran off into the wild. This led to his parents leaving the caravan and begin searching for him. in the end they never returned.

Other kids in the village started rumors that he killed his parents when they searched for him or he summoned monsters to kill his parents. Being in a superstitious village, the rumors escalated and turned into him being branded as a cursed child. 

That was the toughest moment he could remember, the mistreatment he got from the other kids was tough, but what was worse is that there were adults who believed he was a bad omen.

The Village's elders and the people who were especially close to his parents did their best to keep him included in the circle of the village. They would let him work, feed, and take care of him. Eventually,  the village no longer thought of him as a cursed child, but there are still things remnant of that time of his life.

 

Because of it, a few lessons and morals from his childhood slowly weakened, like the importance of community. While others have become even more rooted, like the preciousness of human life. This is why he can't understand why these stewards would decide to kill him so nonchalantly. As if it means nothing! As if it can be done over and over without anyone batting an eye!

 

But here he is now, standing over a dead corpse of his own making.

 

His psyche was already waning before this, but now he could feel nothing, it almost felt like he was too tired to have emotions anymore, to even think anymore. 

 

The other steward, Lizard, that was searching the bodies was alerted once his companion screamed at Saiph, once he looked over, all the events happened too quickly for him to even think of intervening. 

 

But now he is looking at Bear, laying on the ground while blood oozes out of him, and the miner that did that, is just blankly staring at the scene. 

 

He was on edge, even with Bear's Skunk Bear Arm Mygan, Saiph was able to dodge and counter-attack. Lizard started to prepare his Mygan in order to battle, thoughts of fleeing are put aside since Saiph is in the direction of the exit and trying to talk things over seems even less likely to work.

 

While being cautious not to alert Saiph, a tail was revealed from behind Lizard's clothes. It had a sharp end and green scales for skin, it was Green Horned Lizard Tail Mygan and the reason for his nickname. It was a physical type like the Skunk Bear Arm, but it was harder to master because, for humans, it was an un-intuitive Mygan. However, it made up for its deficiencies by its flexibility and utility in battle.

 

Lizard was quite disappointed that he could not implant more Mygans into his body, otherwise, he would have greater fighting power. But the capability to do so is only possible when someone reaches rank 2. Like the head steward and the main team who are dead.

 

But he can't have the same ending as them in this godforsaken cave.

 

But while the steward mentally prepared himself for a life or death fight, Saiph just kept on looking blankly at the corpse that is still spewing blood. His head was in a daze, he could not even muster the energy to think about his surroundings, it was like even his memory has stopped working, and forgot about Lizard.

 

Lizard, who was tense, saw that Saiph was just standing there doing nothing. in this dimly lit cave, it creeped him out a little, thankfully they set up torches beforehand, otherwise, this standoff would be even more unnerving. 

 

“Hey, How about this, we split up the loot here and we can go sell it in the nearby town? You’ve never left your village, right? I have a contact that can sell the Mygans here. You’ll be rich! But if the Azfar family found out you took the rank 2 Mygans of the head steward and his team, then they’ll hunt you down. With my help, we'll be able to sell off the loot without any repercussions.”

 

The steward did not think that negotiating would work before but tried it anyway.

 

But Saiph still did not seem to respond.

 

He started to get closer and take a friendlier approach while keeping his Mygan hidden behind him. 

 

“So what do you say? Do we have ourselves a deal?”

 

At this moment, Saiph finally made a move and it was just to look at Lizard, which startled the steward, his body jolted to a halt. But once Lizard saw Saiph’s eyes, he felt that Saiph was not all there, mentally. Saiph's facial expression could only be described with one word, exhaustion. 

 

Once Lizard saw this, he knew he was dealing with someone that was able to best the other steward by the luck of the situation. Saiph may have a little bit of ability, but he was no experienced fighter and he was probably in shock right now. The steward did not put more thought into this, his experience taught him that Saiph right now is not in the best mental place for combat.

0