chapter 10
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hello

Im sorry i have not been uploading for the past few days. 

I have edited chapters 4-9, they should be readable now

Saiph was walking in a dimly lit forest, he had to leave the village as soon as possible, since the villagers would not let him leave had they come back. Also, the time he woke up from his coma, after leaving the cave, was already late.

 

Thankfully for him, it was a full moon night with no visible clouds that blocked the sky.

 

He walked slowly and carefully, he had to be careful of beasts in the dead of night.

 

Thankfully for him Khaila gave him a good plan to follow so that he can reduce the amount of exposure he has to danger.

 

He looked through the trees and difficultly saw the destination he was going to, a hill not too far from his hometown village.

 

Khaila said, that the stewards that were tasked with hunting would usually use that hill to scout the area, they also set up camps there.

 

He was planning on resting there for tonight and then continuing on his way tomorrow.

 

Thankfully, he was able to reach it without any issues. It seems Khaila was right, the animals nearby already consider this spot the territory of the stewards, so they don’t approach it.

 

Once he reached the top, he saw remnants of a camp; an ash-filled fireplace, cut up logs, and tents.

 

The plan was to take some of the supplies, for the stewards, that were meant to be used in case of emergency.

 

Khaila said she was going to tell the villagers that he ran off to the woods. They won’t chase after him because of the danger it may pose to them and because of not knowing in which direction he left.

 

But by tomorrow the Azfar family will send people to check up on the stewards that haven’t gone and reported to the family.

 

Going into one of the tents, Saiph found a spot to rest and lay down.

 

It was difficult to fall asleep, there were too many things that happened to forget about.

he thought about the Mygan in his mouth and wondered about it.

 

He thought maybe he should give it a name, but he did not know what to call it. Mouth Mygan? Eating Something from Corpses Mygan?

 

In fact, he was not sure what it fed on, only that it seems to be something that can be eaten when a person dies. Also, he was not sure if its something that is only exclusive to humans or other creatures.

 

He kind of hoped that he would be able to test it out tomorrow on his journey. He was surprised to feel excitement towards facing danger.

 

Ever since he was young, he was not the bravest of kids and did not like to take risks. But with this Mygan, it is a lot easier to have courage and hope.

 

“I guess I can call it Hope then.”

 

Thinking of this he pulled up Hope’s table to see the numbers on it.

 

Points

9.8

Mygans

Left hand

58%

Right hand

97%

Left Leg

53%

Right Leg

54%

Lower Torso

51%

Upper torso

52%

eyes

15%

Etc...

 

Saiph thought about it, it seems that the 6 points he got from the Bear arm steward were not all placed into the right arm.

 

From the understanding he is getting, each point of increase in the right arm’s proficiency requires 3.2 points. Which means there were some points left over, since the arms proficiency only went up by one.

 

So, the current number is the addition of the left-over points from Bear and the points he got from the lizard tailed steward. But he had no chance of figuring out what each of these added numbers were.

 

He has a simple understanding of mathematics, adding things higher than 30 can be difficult.

 

And the fractions he’s trying to figure out now are just too difficult.

 

He knew though that the right arm is almost at complete proficiency, he wanted to see if adding the remaining ones would top it off.

 

He had a feeling when he was fighting the tailed steward that if it reaches the max, then there would be some benefit for him.

 

He ordered Hope to put all the points into his right arm and as he had hoped, it did reach 100%.

 

Focusing on his right arm to see what new changes he could feel, he was surprised.

 

He felt a strange feeling, the feeling that his arm was a living creature. The only comparable sensation is the thoughts and understanding he gets from Hope. Hope feels like it is a creature with its own thoughts and desires but at the same time, it is a part of him.

 

The strange thing was the sensations he was getting when moving the right arm, it felt like the arm was guiding him in the movements.

 

It felt like he was getting a report on things like all the fibers in the muscles and how much force the bones can handle.

 

Then he realized something, something he wanted to immediately test out.

 

He stood up and started to do quick punches.

 

“Woah this is cool”

 

he discovered the ability to pre-program actions for his arm, and all he needed to do was to think of starting the pre-programmed sequence of actions and the arm would do it flawlessly. Movements, especially complicated ones, are a lot faster than if he did it himself.

 

But what was even more awesome was the situation of his other body parts.

 

It felt like the right arm gave him an instinct to using his other body parts, looking at Hope’s table again, it shows that his left arm has already gone up by one.

 

It seems the more similar the body part with his right arm the better he can improve it with the right arm instincts.

 

“This is insane, does that mean I can get all my limbs to 100% also without spending a single point?”

 

He was excited, he could not yet go to sleep, he kept on practicing until he tired himself out.

 

It did not take long though; he was already soar from the fights earlier today.

 

While panting, he went into the tent and laid down to rest.

 

Once he laid down for a bit, he felt a strong feeling of hunger. He could not wait, as soon as he rested for a bit, he went to stuff his face with food, he was too hungry.

 

He noticed something since he was in the village, the more he overdrafts his body, the more food he needs after.

 

It seems he needs to be careful from now on when overtaxing his body.

 

After finishing his meal, he felt that the Hope Mygan was also giving him the feeling that it was starving, and that it may go into a hunger state soon.

 

Remembering such a hunger, Saiph felt shivers down his spine.

 

Focusing more on Hope’s sensations and sentience, it seems that the cause is that because the points have hit 0, it needs to feed in order to get it higher.

 

He was puzzled about what to do. Does he have to kill again to survive?

 

Saiph did not want to go through such a thing again. Thinking of the future, he started to worry that he may turn into a mass murderer.

 

Saiph wanted to be a good person and wanted to help and save lives, not take them.

 

But remembering Hope’s hunger state, he did not know what he would do.

 

Laing down, Saiph slowly drifted off to sleep while worrying about the future and what it holds.

0