18- Escape
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blanco reading some documents about the creatures, one of the old man's assistants called Blanco.

- Finally, there is a reaction the leader wants you to be a witness.

"You can tell me what happened in the meantime," Blanco commented when they started walking.

- Good…. The compound has spread while combining with each molecule that makes up its biological structure.

- Mmm ... - Blanco agreed- then ... is it also an improvement as with the gifted?

- We do not know.

- Anything else?

-Well, it happened today ... suddenly ... we don't know what caused it either.

They reached one of the rooms where the creatures that received the black liquid were. He could see a group of people surrounding one of the cells that contained one of the many creatures. The old man turned around when they entered the place.

"Mr. Blanco, welcome ... it's finally happening," he said while scratching his cheek.

"What happened?" He asked as he watched as the creature that was quite large was writhing and screaming inside the cell.

- The data shows a similar reaction to the improvement you also give to the gifted. But they are not human, so we don't know exactly what will happen to them.

- ...

- Although we do not know precisely why it is happening, you can see that the same is not happening to the rest even though they took the drop the same day ... we will need to interrogate the beast after it ends.

The next day they asked him again to give them some of the black viscous liquid, just as he had spilled since he arrived, and also they called him to see the creature that had reacted to the drink. It seemed that the beast did not want to say anything and still resisted. The old man told him that he should be proud, but not why.

He was getting tired of everything being so ambiguous, sometimes they gave him some information, but it was always controlled. He decided it was time to find other people who needed him.

But first, as planned, he would give the creatures a hand. Not that he denied that they were suffering from everything he had witnessed, only that he promised first to help these people, as he always acted according to priorities, now that he would leave. He would free them to do whatever they wanted, but that would be it; he didn't want to be involved in a fight.

As he thought about this, he noticed how the creature looked at him.

[Wait two days to do it.]

"A telepathic message ... and it was reading my mind ..." He thought and then sighed. He assumed the wait had to do with whatever the liquid did to him. Moments later, the rest of the creatures began to squirm and scream in their cells. Investigators were excited to see what happened.

[Let your people focus on the ones in the other rooms, we'll take care of it here.]

Taking advantage of ignorance, Blanco left the room.

He had developed a way of communicating with the redhead to avoid some of the monitoring that lately seemed to have less discretion ... I wait in the dining room until he entered and asked him to come closer.

After coordinating, he returned to the room he had been in these weeks. A smile adorned his face as he lay down.

It only remained to wait patiently to see what scenes they would be offered in exchange for the help I gave. It was the part that he liked the most about helping. It filled him with pride to see either firsthand or from a distance what people did after receiving their support.

He thought that this was probably how parents felt when they watched their children grow up.

- What is that boy doing ...? - He said aloud when he remembered why he came to this area.

And so the day came.

Again, he donated some of the liquid that the researchers told him was combining with his blood.

"I don't know if I should worry or not," he thought.

Putting this aside for the moment, he went to fill his stomach with some food and motioned for the redhead who was waiting to the side in the dining room to begin.

He went to the room where the creatures that had mutated in these two days were.

- They informed me about what is happening in his body.- said the old man, with a look that said he was looking at his next toy, as he approached.

"Yes ... it's funny, and I wonder what will happen to me," he answered while looking at his left hand thoughtfully.

- I can assure you that I will do whatever it takes to find out.

[I hope they release the others ...]

"I'm sure it will." The old man smiled when he heard this.

A few minutes later, a series of impacts began to resonate throughout the place; the alarms accompanied a few seconds later, you could also see signs and warnings emerging in AR.

The old man and the rest of the people turned at the same time to look at him. This brought a smile to the expectant Blanco's face.

- I assure you that you will not leave here.- announced the leader of these investigators.

Blanco said nothing. He just wanted to see how the creatures would come out and leave.

Responding to his expectations, the creature that had communicated with him took a moment to act.

Several things happened at the same time. First, a shock wave originated from the creature's roar, and this immobilized the research group.

The rest of the creatures, like the one that had roared, were covered by black veins that pulsed and attacked the cells that contained them.

And the redhead whose name I still didn't remember arriving.

The screams of anger increased with the blows. They seemed frustrated and resigned when some of those who came out charging at the humans broke free. "Now they have the strength to break free from those cells," Blanco muttered.

- Sir, we better go. - Adam said

"Wait a minute," replied Blanco, who was leaning against a wall with his arms crossed, quite animated as he watched.

- But sir is ...!

- Wait- he interrupted with cold

Some of the creatures looked somewhat disgruntled as they watched as others began to attack the humans unreservedly.

The scene of liberation turned into a carnage from one moment to the next. But Blanco was not bothered. He was focused on each of the expressions of humans and creatures.

Beside him, Adam was on guard. He had imagined that something like this could happen. As he was just looking at what was happening in front of him, he couldn't see the glowing smile that Blanco had.

- White suddenly said

[wait… ]

Blanco stopped and turned around.

- What do you need?

[...]

- I hope you understand that we cannot waste time.

[okay... go your way]

Blanco seemed somewhat disappointed but left.

As he watched as his companions, they seemed lost by what they just did, and since the place had been stained red next to the scattered remains, one of the creatures approached.

[Why didn't you ask him for help to get back to our plane?]

[I was not too fond of the expression he was making ... And for some reason, I can't read it as I did before ...]

[but…]

[okay... we know that not all humans are like this ... Someone will help us ...]

Blanco's escape was quite chaotic. The guards of the place were always looking for him. He was able to avoid some, but with others, he had to flee, he found it somewhat ashamed, and he began to label these people as ungrateful mentally.

These days he learned that they were part of a larger group, decided that he would not help them if they came back to look for him. The group went straight to their unwanted people list, and being seen by some of the gifted people they came across as some candy further accentuated the idea of ​​never getting involved with these people again.

On the other hand, the redhead was defending him all the way, he was quite capable, he suffered some injuries, but he continued to persist, but Blanco did not like to be protected in this way.

He felt that he was a hindrance, and that was the opposite of someone who defined himself by helping others.

With what investigators told him this morning about how his blood was mixing with the black liquid, he had a vague hope that perhaps it would become his strength. Even so, he decided to count on the boy, for what happened in the future, he seemed reliable, and another thing he would do would be to summon the two creatures that he raised as a child.

Seeing the situation he was in, he decided to make the latter his priority. He could meet the boy after that. Since it was inevitable that this group of now undesirable people would look for him in America.

Now that he had his next goals set, the most important thing was still getting out of this facility, and he remembered something that was just as important.

- Did you find a way to remove the mask? .- He asked his bodyguard.

- A group had to take care of that while the others released the other creatures. We can only hope.

"Don't worry about that," exclaimed a voice, approaching from one of the corridors while Blanco and Adam rested against the wall.

"Stop, if you don't want to have the same fate as the others," Adam said. However, he hadn't killed anyone since the commotion started.

- Okay, I'm with you, maybe Mr. Blanco reminds me, I was the one who guided him to this place that day. - Said the gifted man as he raised both hands in surrender. - Besides, I don't think you can come with me, boy. Haha

- What's funny?

- Stop. - interrupted Blanco. - What did you mean exactly?

- Hmm ... now that I think about it, I don't remember introducing myself. I'm Brand ... - he commented while scratching his head- And I meant precisely that, I already took care of the masks, plus I can offer you a safe escape route.

"Ohh," Blanco said with a sigh as he took off his mask. To one side, Adam was about to prevent him from doing it, but Blanco acted without hesitation, showing that Brand said it was true.

- dijo con un suspiro Blanco, mientras se quitaba el antifaz, a un lado Adam estuvo a punto de evitar que lo hiciera, pero Blanco actuó sin dudar, demostrando que lo decía Brand era cierto             

- In exchange, I would like to be able to meet you later ... if you don't mind.

-No problem, let's move, I have other things to do.

- Then follow me. - Brand finally said after being stunned for a moment by Blanco's quick response.

0