44- Anemocoria
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Drako and Lessar took turns restricting the creature's movement. Bronk constantly attacked the joints, or what looked like joints, whenever he could.

Slowly his opponent had lost the initiative, but he was still standing. The children's faces showed some insecurity. They discovered all they could do with their current strength against such opponents.

The creatures differed from humans. They could be restrained like any living being by seeking out their weaknesses and exploiting them, but their physical state was beyond common sense. Their way of using their energy and the energy that surrounded them was far superior to any other form of ordinary life, and this allowed them to do things that were beyond common sense.

What the gifted and other alien species could do after months and years of training. The creatures did this easily a few weeks or months after they were born.

Five minutes later, the creature had stopped moving. After they managed to cut off its limbs when it stopped regenerating, Drako and the other two could barely move.

All three sat close to the creature and absorbed its remains.

- Master... we still have a long way to go..." Tom said as Noelle approached them.

- That's right; they still have time to grow.

After saying this, Noelle thought they could grow up peacefully if the war hadn't touched Vyndra.

***

Blanco began his exploration with considerable vigour when he arrived in this world. He travelled for a few months and became familiar with its people. In his travels, he discovered that creatures, at least those that received some education, were not very different from people.

Personally, he liked the savages best, because it could consider them the original inhabitants of this world, unlike those creatures that inherited a physical body.

He had not yet adopted any creatures. He first thought of looking for those he had abandoned when he was younger, but he soon gave up when he realized that it would be ridiculous to look for him in this world.

In fact, he had forgotten the reason why he wanted creatures. When Adam, who had been escorting him all this time, asked him when he would adopt one, he ignored it. He was having more fun here and thought he would surely find some reason to have a creature.

While they were lurking in the woods, he heard someone's moans, and he recognized that they were those of a suffering person and approached them. The man was at the edge of a lake and clearly hurt he was crawling towards the water.

Blanco walked casually toward him without looking around. Adam was quite vigilant; he knew how ruthless a creature could be if it entered his territory.

When he approached, Blanco announced to the person who was nearby. The man was startled but immediately asked for help. Blanco shared some food and treated him with some medicine he had.

- Then what happened," Blanco asked when the man finally calmed down.

His name was John, not a gifted man. He had come here with his friends. Thanks to some acquaintances they learned that this area might have an artifact and they came to investigate.

Some artifacts generate an amount of energy, and both their surroundings and the living beings nearby undergo some mutations. The information they got showed that the artifact here was probably of that type. They had prepared quite a bit for the expedition, and their creatures had also grown.

This area was supposed to be under the dominion of a rather aggressive herd of creatures, but when the few creatures they encountered arrived they avoided them, and there were none to speak, so they continued on their way.

As they advanced, they came across some rather strange plants and mounds. Everything had gradually become more sombre. The area was silent, and their creatures were nervous. They could not explain what they were feeling, and they too were uncomfortable.

When the road narrowed, they found bodies of creatures, because of their characteristics, they realized that they were the herd that was managing this territory.

Their remains indicated that they were brutally murdered. After seeing that they returned, they did not want to meet the creatures that had killed so many beasts.

But a few minutes after turning back, they could not move. At some point, they heard footsteps approaching.

They were under some pressure that didn't let them move their bodies.

Finally, the footsteps stopped a few meters behind them. A kind of laughter that gave them chills flowed from what was behind them.

As the story continued, Adam saw that disturbing smile on Blanco's face.

The man did not finish telling what happened, suddenly his head disappeared, and the next thing he saw was the tip of a hammer retracting.

His gaze followed the path of the hammer and what he saw was a creature about 10 feet tall, fluttering the chain that ended with a hammer on its tip with his right arm. It was reptilian in appearance with some parts that reminded him of an insect. Its eyes seemed to incite it to fight.

Blanco wiped away the blood that had splashed on his face. He looked at the creature looking for an answer to what had happened, but he did not ask, he knew he could not make demands.

Adam expanded his territory; he was not sure he could be victorious over this being. His instinct told him that they had to walk away. Compared to his sister, he had not received adequate training to use his gift because of his deficiency. He was basically experiencing his limits since Blanco improved him. 

The creature continued to observe them. A few moments later, he stopped the movement of his weapon and approached.

Blanco noticed that the belt across his chest had some objects. They were items he could find in any vyndra store. Razors, knives, even pieces of cloth. He wondered why he had such "ornaments" hanging on it.

- Don't do anything," he said to Adam, "if he didn't attack, it was because he probably didn't think he had a chance against the creature.

- But...

- Let's wait and see what happens.

The creature seemed to have lost its interest in them and approached the body next to Blanco. He bent down and cut a piece of cloth from the dead man's pants and then tied it to his belt. You could say it was a trophy.

- So what do I do with you," he said after a snort and looked directly at Blanco. I need to be stronger, but you don't seem to want to help me with that.

-Do you think that if you kill us, you will become stronger," asked Blanco, after seeing the strange smile on the creature's face.

- Not exactly, it's not like when we fight each other. But with humans, we can improve our ability.

- So, if you say that you didn't need to kill him," Blanco smiled and looked at the body, "but if you want to be stronger, I can help you with that.

- ¿?

Adam had stepped aside as they spoke. The creature had seen him, but he did nothing, he knew they were at his mercy. 

As I always observe Blanco's actions, during this trip, they had repeated this scene, and I grant indiscriminate improvements to the creatures. It was the first time he had done so after death had occurred in front of them.

This quite disturbed him, and Blanco was too volatile, he changed instantly when he heard someone calling for help in some way. He still didn't know how to deal with this part of his personality; he felt he had to do something to fix this deviation. But whenever I tried to do something about it, I was ignored by him.

And right now he was terrified of what this person might do, after acting so callously after someone was killed in front of him.

- I have already done it with other creatures, I assure you that this will strengthen you. Blanco advertisement after taking off the glove that covered his left hand and forearm. Showing his black hand and how that blackness was running down his arm.

- Sir, stop," Adam interrupted with a determined expression.

Blanco smiled at the sight of his companion interrupting him, not bothered by it, but simply waiting to see what he would do next. It was not the first time he had seen him so determined, but now he was doing it despite the threatening creature in their midst.

But he could do nothing else, and the creature's fist instantly knocked him out.

- So it was you... I had heard some rumours recently, well I'll take you with me to the boss will like this.

Then I also knock Blanco out and take him in my arms, look at Adam next to him, and after some thought, I pick him up too. If they were partners, there was a chance that he would not cooperate, so he took him to avoid problems.

He belonged to the group of creatures that fed on the battles generated by the anti and pro-humans. If it was real, then they could improve their forces to generate chaos in the factions that were in continuous conflict. His group only wanted to become strong. It did not care why or whose side they were fighting; loved to fight; they believed that was the "why" of their existence.

He went joyfully into the forest, looking forward to the battles to come. 

 

0