A soldier’s life
477 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kurogane Shiho was a doctor in Ame. She had been born in this village and would remain in it for her entire life. She had never been on the side of Ame's leaders, be it Hanzo or Pain, but she would never abandon those who she had come to consider as her family. For Ame was one big recomposed family, who had a lot of issues yes, but who at least had loving members.

It wasn't something you could feel the first time you entered this village, but the more you stayed, the more you would understand. The villagers of Ame were all like old men, they didn't want to change their ways and would be very suspiscious of strangers, but once you came to know them...

Some were criminals, others were normal people who had always lived in this forsaken village and the majority of them were refugees. All of them were scared, scared of what would happen to them should they be left alone or in the grasp of the other villages. They, for the majority, had been the witness to the harsh truth of this world.....That no places was truly perfect. The major ninja villages were either false heavens or barely hidden hells. Not that Ame was different, at least it wasn't until the villagers changed it.

The Akatsuki only wanted the loyalty of the villagers, and they easily got it. Other than that, they were pretty lax, they had put curfews and the laws were stricts yes, but in the end Ame was much more easy to live in than the other villages, and that was due to one fact....The villagers couldn't and wouldn't act as other persons. They were all their true selves and wouldn't lie, be it to others or themselves. Criminals wouldn't try to hide themselves, and people would speak their minds without any fear.

It was normal, who could judge you in this place after all ?

All of this was why Shiho loved this place. She had even gotten accustomed to the members of the Akatsuki. Deidara and Sasori were this comic duo who were quite scary but who never hurt anyone in the village. Deidara was an art lover and Sasori was just this sassy and cold young boy, but they were likeable to the villagers. Itachi and Kisame were the embodiment of loyalty so everyone loved and respected them in the village. Pain and Konan were the god and goddess of this village, so no one had anything to say about them.....Though Shisho did find Pain quite freaky.

Orochimaru was a disgusting individual, as much as this deranged man, Hidan. Kakuzu was a veteran who knew of everything and had a strange love for money, but he was still someone you could talk to without feeling like he would kill at any time.....Though he was more than capable of it. Zetsu was an oddity, but his white side was quite popular amongst the children who loved to have him visit the orphanage and play with them, even if he rarely did it.

The newest members Obito, Stain, Zabuza and Jonathan were all too new for her to judge. Obito seemed as bossy as they came, Stain seemed to believe in peace but had a bone-chilling hatred towards those who called themselves heroes, Zabuza was not unlike Kisame, and Jonathan....Jonathan was the weirdest out of all of them. And she was sure everyone shared her feelings.

He seemed weak, and at the same time could use dangerous techniques and had a terrifying army. He had appeared all of a sudden without any explanations being given and spent all of his time training. The more popular rumors about him affirmed that he was actually some sort of influencial individual from one of the unknown nations who decided to support the Akatsuki, at first in the shadows and now that the war had been declared, directly on the first line. It would certainly explain why the unknown nations were so easy to convince, it would make sense if one of them was already a member of the organization they had decided to support.

" Doctor ! We are gonna get a lot of cases, so be ready !" A nurse said, dragging Shiho out of her thoughts, as she entered Shisho's office.

" Huh ? What's happening ? Is it Lord Hidan again ?" The doctor said, though she hated to call this 'thing' a lord.

"Well....Apparently we had a plan to make sure that the army of the unknown nations could get through the Non Ninja Nations' blockade, but the plan failed and now Lord Jonathan's soldiers have been sent to help our allies !" The nurse said as Shisho furrowed her brows.

" Soldiers ?.....Which ones ? The ones who just came back from the ambush on some of the Non Ninja Nations' soldiers ?"

"No....It's the Man-Eaters."

*******************

Mahogane Kurui was a Jonin from Suna. He had seen his village go through so much, he was happy that it was at least still standing. However he was even happier that something he had been ready for all of his life would become the best opportunity for all the nations to unite, and stand as one to defeat the root of all evil.

He had discussed about it with his new comrades, and found out that they had the same views as him. For all those soldiers, it was quite clearly the first clans' fault. They had been the one who created this world, and were responsible for it's shortcoming. They were the ones who couldn't foresee the events that would lead to all those major wars.

The resentment could be felt, but at least for once.....All those soldiers weren't directing those feelings at each other. Their leaders had painted a very clear target. Ame was to be razed to the ground, all those who cooperated with the Akatsuki would either be executed or sent to prison. And of course the members of the Akatsuki themselves would be put to the blade as soon as possible, for they were too dangerous.

Well except Orochimaru, but even if the man was disgusting he did give them some valuable intels, one of them being that the Akatsuki had somehow resurrected Hashirama Senju and could potentially do so with anyone else without his help, which was obviously horrible.

But Kurui didn't care about all those things, he was taught to kill, not to think about such things. As such he just followed his orders and marched through a gigantic forest, flanked by all his comrade who were starting to grow closer and closer.

This was a truly historic moment, the army of the United Ninja Nations were marching towards the ennemy of peace and were quite ready to win what would be the shortest and yet most important war in all of the world's history.

However the leaders had layed out a certain strategy and it had to be put into actions. As such, the army separated into many groups. Kurui thought that the soldiers from the Non Ninja Nations would join them, but just like the Samurai, they had already been deployed. The Samurai would arrive at the same time as the main group, while the Non Ninja Nations' army would create a blockade all around the country of Rain.

An hour or so after Kurui's group departed, the infiltration group arrived at the intended point. They had been given the location of a point of access for the underground tunnels of Ame by Jiraya's spies, and had quickly found it. The problem now was to make sure everyone would be able to get down in the tunnels before they would get detected, but that shouldn't be a problem since.....

*Boom !*

" Seems like they started !" Anko exclaimed as she and her comrades looked in the distance and saw some smoke rising from the area of Ame where the Samurai would've started their assault.

Anko and the other elite ninjas who had been selected to lead the group in charge of this part of the plan were getting ready to head in the tunnels, when a giant scorpion came out of the woods, carrying a jonin from Suna on it's back.

Before Anko could ask what was going on, the jonin who was covered in his own blood whispered.

"T-True Demons....."

**********

Kurui was part of the group that would attack from the front, since the ninjas from Kiri would join those from Konoha in the infiltration phase of the plan. The front attack group was also separated between who would attack on the flanks and who would just rush at the ennemy head on, which had been decided would be Kumo since they had Killer Bee.

For some reasons, Kurui and his comrades couldn't help but feel like this war had already been won. The Army of the Allied Ninja Nations couldn't be stopped, together they were invincible.

The feeling only grew as they neared the forest that was the closest to Ame, they were getting close to this forsaken village, ready to bring some peace right into those terrorists' face.

" We're getting close, boys ! The real fight is about to begin, so don't forget ! We stand...."

" AS ONE !"

" We fight..."

"AS ONE !"

" We'll win....."

" AS ONE !"

" Or we'll die AS ONE !"

"AS ONE !!"

The chanting of the soldiers continued, causing all the birds of the area to flee in fright, the sound generated by this chant being so high that the ground trembled, or maybe that was due to the sound of those thousands soldiers hitting the ground in a perfectly synchronised way.

They were truly a sight to gaze at. But what laid in the shadows of the forest was too. The Kazekage Rasa, who was obviously leading the Suna group which would be attacking the left flank, and Orochimaru who was also there for some reasons, both turned around at the same time, sensing that something was off.

And they were proven right when demonic red eyes shone bright in the shadows of the forest. All around them, new pairs of those repulsing eyes appeared, there had to be hundreds of them. And it wasn't the only thing that they noticed.

They also noticed the sounds akin to starving beasts and the saliva that was dripping on the ground as the first of those monsters approached. To Rasa's surprise and secret disgust, it was a child no older than 8.

" Mister, I am sorry for asking.....But would you mind if I take both of your arms ? I'm kinda hungry." The child said, sending chills down the spines of all those who had hearts and common sense in this army of terrified soldiers....They were warriors, but they weren't exactly prepared to deal against something like this, for this.....This was truly an act of the devil.

Then, before anyone could react to the child, more of those demons began to pop from behind the trees....Ten of them appeared, then fifty, then a hundred and then....

" Oh lord.....Prepare to fight !" Rasa yelled as his men got ready, even though they were unconsciously shaking.

The tension could easily be felt in the entire forest and truly exploded when one of those monsters stepped forward.

" Lord Jonathan told us that we had to go a little soft on you, apparently he doesn't exactly likes our way of dealing with nuisances like you humans....But he won't mind if we take some small bites, huh ? GHOULS ! ACTIVATE YOUR KAGUNES !"

13