Assassination and Truth
638 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The delegation that the Iron Country was sending in the unknown world was quite heavy, being composed of thirty Samurais and a high-level one in the form of Kuha, the personal assistant of Mifune.

All in all this delegation couldn't possibly be attacked by any bandits, however it wasn't exactly protected against a flood of razor-sharp Sakura Petals. And they quickly dicovered it.

" Kano ! Run away ! Go and tell Master Mifune what happened !" Kuha yelled as she parried another strike from the flying pink swords that an invisible man was throwing at her. The second strongest Samurai of the group, Kano, decided to listen to her and made a run for it.

However Kuha had to watch, completely powerless as her friend died in a second, Senbonzakura stuck through the throat. She felt the tears coming to her, but she refused to give in.

This slaughter seemed to revive old memories for her, however she wasn't a High-Ranking Samurai for nothing.

" Volt Slash !" She cried out, appearing behind Byakuya and slashing at him as a bolt of lightning struck him, doing little to no damages.

' Curious...It seems like this little girl pinpointed me by listening to the sound of my footsteps....Clever.' Thought Byakuya. He was really just toying with her, but you couldn't fault him, he was bored after all.

" Show yourself, coward ! Are you too scared of getting defeated in an instant so you hide like a spineless fool ?!" The girl yelled.

' And now she's trying to hurt my pride and get me to show myself...Even more clever.'

" I command your intelligence, girl. However I do hope you have noticed just how easily I can kill you." Byakuya said from behind Kuha, she did try to turn around and slash at him horizontally, but Byakuya caught the blade with his fingers and kicked Kuha away, before breaking her katana in two.

" Damn it !" Kuha cried out, hitting the ground in frustration.

" It seems like the death of your comrades deeply hurt you, child. Maybe it reminded you of something ? I felt the same once upon a time." Byakuya said. Kuha glared at where she thought the man was, her eyes bloodshot as she coughed, trying to breath after Byakuya kicked her in the stomach, hard.

" As if I'm gonna tell you ! What are you waiting for ?! Huh ?! Kill me already !" The girl screamed, still keeping her hand on her katana. Byakuya rose an eyebrow before smiling and showing himself to her. Kuha was stunned into a silence as she gazed at the man who slaughtered the entire delegation.

She thought he would look more....Akatsuki-Like, for she was sure he was a member of the Akatsuki, both due to his strengh and the fact he attacked a delegation which had the mission to get the help of other countries in the fight against said organization, it couldn't be a coincidence.

" Who....Who are you ?" She asked.

" My name is not all that important to you, child. However I am.....What you could call a defender of justice. For I fight so that no one would have to in the future." Byakuya said. He did remember that Jonathan told him to act as if he truly believed in the ideas of the Akatsuki. Byakuya only partially believed in it. He didn't like the Scum-recruiting part, and the war against the world part too. Peace couldn't be obtained through force for him, but then again he couldn't know, no one ever truly tried.

"What do you even mean ?! You are part of a terrorist organization whose goal is to take over the world !" Kuha yelled.

" Not really, child. Our goal is actually to bring peace to the world. However this world knows only violence, and as such we shall fight fire with fire. Only when all the nations have been beaten into submission can the right people make the right choices. And the right people are certainly not those Kage." Byakuya said, confusing Kuha.

" I don't even understand what you are saying ! You can't bring peace by slaughtering people, all those people you killed just now, they were innocent !"

" Firstly child, no one in this world is completely innocent, except for children and those people weren't children. Secondly after the nations have been beaten into submission and the right decisions have been made, everyone shall be resurrected, for it is a power that those who fight for true peace do possess." Byakuya, shocking Kuha to her core.

" You are talking about the Edo Tensei ?! Who would want to be turned into a freaking zombie ?! You are truly deluded !" She screamed, gripping her sword even harder and lunging at Byakuya. The man merely dodged and grabbed her by the throat from behind.

" Deluded ? Once again, firstly, the Edo Tensei is better than nothing. The ones resurrect by this technique are the slaves of the one who used it, so we only need to have it be used by someone who is devoid of bad intentions, and then again I wasn't even talking about this. However I can't reveal the truth to you, child. You would have to discover it for yourself." Byakuya said before letting go of Kuha.

" What do you mean ?" She asked.

" How would you likeit if I brought you to someone who can tell you just how much you have been lied to ?" Byakuya asked criptically before knocking the girl out with a chop to the neck.

*****************

".....So, Miss Kuha, I trust that those revelations have changed your vision of the world a bit ?" Jonathan said, while glaring at Byakuya  a bit, though the man only seeped on his tea and seemed utterly non bothered by Jonathan's glare.

"I...The Uchiha Clan....The Uzumaki Clan....All those Wars...The Bijuu.....Why ?! Why did Master Mifune lie to me ?!" Kuha exclaimed, her face covered in tears.

"Well....It's quite normal. After all no one wants to admit the truth. To them Madara is evil incarnate, Itachi too. To them the Bijuu are demons who only want destruction and to them, the Akatsuki only wants to bring terror. Though I think that you will find it far from the truth if you were to talk with some of it's member, not all of them though." Jonathan said. He couldn't believe he actually managed to convince Mifune's assistant. She could be an incredible asset later. Then again most of what he said was true. It's just that no matter how much they tried to justify themselves, Madara was still incredibly bloodthirsty, Itachi was a blind fool, Obito was even more of a fool and Kaguya was a bit too paranoid. They weren't bad people, they just made the wrong decisions at some point in time.

"Now Kuha. I want you to listen to me, you can't tell anyone about this, and I don't think I need to tell you why." Jonathan said, Kuha merely nodded before she got up and left the Hotel's room, still feeling a little shaken.

" Do you think it was really wise ? She could turn against us." Byakuya said.

" Don't worry. She will only meet the Akatsuki after I meet them and the leader accept her. Right now she doesn't know enough to hurt us, not like Danzo. Orochimaru shouldn't have trusted that fool."

And just like that, Jonathan and Byakuya went back to training, or as Jonathan liked to call it a session of ' try to learn something useful while some stuck up noble whoops your ass'.

Though they had something else to do before that.

***************

( Ame)

The silence in the meeting room of the Amekage's Tower was reaching new heights as Pain and Obito finished their heated debate and came to a conclusion. For the last hours, Obito had been explaining the real plan to Nagato, trying to convince him that it could work, though Nagato had his reservations. A world of illusive happiness and peace, sounded quite like a certain village from which his old teacher originated.

In the end Nagato was convinced after Obito told him that complaining about the happiness and peace being fake was completely foolish since you wouldn't be able to know. You would live the perfect life, forever and you won't ever know it was an illusion, there was no real bad side to this plan. To obito it was only the fools who lead the world to become corrupt as it was who truly thought that his plan wouldn't work. After all what was bad about it ? That you weren't really free ? Bah ! As if freedom was the key to happiness ! In today's world most people were completely free and yet the situation wasn't what he would call perfect.

Listening to his speech, some members of the Akatsuki started to believe in the plan a bit more, though the members like Orochimaru, Sasori and Deidara didn't really care. Actually only Konan, Itachi, Kisame, Zabuza, Stain and Pain were truly moved by Obito's speech, the others only cared about themselves, and it wasn't about to change.

Now the real problem was what Pain just asked. He asked to know about the Stain and Zabuza's boss since the two mentioned him. Obito and Zetsu looked at each other weirdly. They had mentioned the army of Zetsu, but not the army of...Ghouls who had appeared and who still awaited their master's command back in the cave.

" You see....There is another person who knows about this plan. He knows about everything, even your Black side's secret, whatever that means to you Zetsu, but he is an ally. Recently he brought an army of 300...Monsters from unknown origin who are to help us in our fight...But I think Stain would be more suited to talk about him." Obito said, while turning towards Stain. Meanwhile Black Zetsu was desperately trying to keep his calm.

'My secret ?! What could he possibly know ? He cannot possibly know about my true origin ! I will have to meet the man himself. Since he is this little spy who escaped from Ame, I think I will find him in Konoha easily enough.' Black Zetsu thought.

Just as Stain was about to speak, he began to fade away, shocking all the Akatsuki Members.

"Ah....Don't worry about this, I should be back soon.....I hope." Stain said before disappearing. Everyone turned to Obito who was just as lost as them.

"Well then I guess we will wait for him. I don't know enough about his Boss to speak. Though I can confirm that he is indeed an ally. I couldn't detect any lies from him and I know for sure that he is an amateur, so he couldn't have been hiding his true intentions to me. I don't know how he even got Stain or those....Ghouls, but I think we can trust him. Anyway, if he were to betray us, we will just with him the same way we would with any traitors. I would use my kamui to kill him before he could even touch me. After all even Nagato had troubles hitting me.....So no one here would be able to survive if they decided to betray us." Obito said, and for some reasons Orochimaru felt as if this remark was for him.

' Could it be that he doesn't trust me ?Kukukuku...It seems that I'll need to have a little talk with our real leader.' The Snake thought.

As some of the members gulped after hearing what Obito just said and realizing how true it was, Stain actually reappeared. Before anyone could ask anything of him he slumped on his seat and sighed.

" New problems." He simple said as Pain and Obito leaned forward.

"......We may already have the whole world against us."

14