Chapter 3|Jump Start Jet Running!
78 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had a dream that I’d found the “truth” that we all sought and my friends stood with me. I remember reading a book when I was thirteen. “Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many.” It held true for me. The aspirations that I had were shattered by a hard and cold reality. If I didn’t work and got stronger, the world would destroy me.

 

“Hey Shin, you up? Breakfast is ready, get your coat, it's gonna be pretty cold today!”

 

I got up after that dream of mine ended. I was once again reminded that I had to prepare.

 

“Yeah! I’ll come down and eat.”

 

Dad was making pancakes. The blueberry kind, of course, I knew from the smell. I went down and sat at the table next to my older sister.

 

“So Little Shinboy here is 15 now? Wow, It’s funny how I’m gonna be graduating and leaving this young apprentice all alone.”

 

Of course. My older sister Rishta would be here to tease me like always. It was kind of a shocker to hear her tease me like this again. I almost started having a moment again, but I remembered that it’s not gonna be like before. I’m not gonna run away from my “truth” and I’ll protect her this time.

 

“Alright thanks, Rish, I’ll have my share of the pancakes and then some thanks to you.”

 

“Huh, weirdo, usually you’d start barring on me. Maybe you’ve actually grown a bit for a shorty like you.”

 

Always the obnoxious remarks. Whatever she says it’s always gotta do with my height. All good though, that difference will change soon enough. I scarfed down the pancakes and got up to get ready for school.

 

“Heh, school’s gonna be quite fun, it’s been a while since I’ve learned anything that I hadn’t learned on my own.”

 

I took my shower and grabbed the uniform my mom left for me inside. It’s been a while since I felt clothes this clean and smooth. Whole different experience from before.

 

“Let’s head out and see if some physical enhancement skills will work.”

 

“Hey Shin! Don’t forget your lunch bro! It’s at the dinner table.”

 

“Yeah, I’ll grab it now as I walk to school.”

 

I grabbed the home-made lunch and started on the path I memorized. Let’s take a simple physical enhancement for a spin.

 

‘Lightning Transformation | Concealed Enhancement’

 

The speed wouldn’t be as quick as unleashing all the power all at once but it would work well enough to boost my speed to about double what I can do in my normal physical state. The muscles in my body felt revitalized, ether energy swelled and I felt stronger.

 

“I can never get tired of that boost it gives me, it’s like drinking water on a hot day.”

 

Well, my physical state isn’t as strong as it is back in the future, but it was built well enough to the point where I could play sports pretty well. I finished stretching and got ready to head for a running start.

 

“Alright, let’s go for a test drive.”

 

I lept past the students walking near me and easily climbed up and was jumping roof to roof to get to school.

 

“Holy shit! This is absolutely awesome!”

 

I was riding the winds with each jump and step. Several students were staring as I jumped and ran. The school wouldn’t be too far with the speed I was going, usually, it was a twenty-minute walk or five-minute drive. While running, I saw a familiar face.

 

“Hey Aldo, catch my drift plebeian, you can’t overlap me anymore idiot!”

 

“Woah dude, how the hell did you learn to hop like that? You trained like a certain bald hero?”

 

“Nah dude, I just watched a FreeTube video and practiced hard!”

 

We yelled back and forth toward each other and while smiling like an idiot, I turned to face a pole.

Haha, looks like I’m gonna face my boasting like with a thousand bricks hitting my body. 

 

“Aargh!” (Screams in Korean/Japanese)

 

Wow, I haven’t been hit like this in awhile. I fell down into a yard and activated a skill.

 

‘Lightning Bond | Blue Pill’

 

My wounds were healing, but I didn’t want them to heal fully so that it wouldn’t be suspicious as I hit my body hard.

 

‘Cancel Skill System’

 

‘Skill Deactivated’

 

Alright, my wounds were healed somewhat, but I still had to get to school. I got up and climbed up one of the yard walls.

 

“Stupid kids, Hey stop causing a racket on my roof!”

 

I turned and saw the homeroom teacher about to leave. I better have run outta here quick before I eat more than I can chew. I jumped up and ran like Usain Bolt. 

 

“Hey, kid! I’m not done talking to you!”

 

That was my home-room teacher Akira Furuda. He was an annoying teacher who lectured us endlessly and made it easy for me to shut my brain off. 

 

“Well that’s over, let’s get to school and hide before I see Furface again.”

 

Mr. Furuda had a really big beard too and it was often disgusting to see. He was like an uglier version of dwarves seen in L**d of The R**gs. I jumped off the last house and landed next to my friend Aldo who proceeded to scream in terror as I landed directly next to him.

 

“Oh shit, you scared the absolute crap out of me, that stuff you learned on FreeTube must’ve been amazing.”

 

“Haha, sure, sure, let’s just get to class before Furface does and screams at us.”

 

I walked into the school building and deactivated all of my skills and put on my indoor slippers. God, I hadn’t seen this clean school in a while. Our school was freshly rebuilt last year and we were the first line of Freshman to enjoy it.

 

“Haha, wassup lil’ bro!”

 

“Aye, waddup chief!”

 

An old friend of mine put his arm over my shoulder as I walked with Aldo. It was my childhood friend Kuroda Chen. He was similar to me being half-japanese.

 

“So you’re 15 now and ready to get some girls now that you’re a big man?”

 

“Shut up Kuro, I know you’ve already been rejected by the Top 10 here already.”

 

“Dude you gotta take some hits to make it big here.”

 

“With. In. A. Week. Might I add?”

 

“Alright, now you shut up about it we’re here now.”

 

I slid the door open and went to sit in that oh so faithful back seat in the corner next to the window. It was my favorite seat because I could sit here and admire the view of Tokyo from the second floor.

 

“Alright, class! I want you all to write me a page essay and why students shouldn’t be running like a certain ninja across the roofs of houses.”

 

Haha. The day is truly beginning with our daily dose of Furface’s pointless essays. That ultimately would never amount to anything and collect dust. We should call this man the CEO of Paper Waste!

Welp guys, I hope you’re enjoying the slice-of-life we’re having so far! I’ve got two artists now, just waiting on the responses from the other two. Enjoy the daily adventures!

3