Chapter 13: The first Hunt
383 13 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Tsu!? Where are you Tsu!?" Torn called out. "Damn girl, was it so hard to sit still and shut the fuck up? Now only the heavens know when next I'll get to spend time with her sister… I swear when I get my hands on her–Tsu, is that you?"

Tsu held her small hands across her small mouth and nose. This she found uncomfortable, and hard to breathe. But she was able to take huge big girl gulps, filling her lungs to capacity and puffing her cheeks out like those squirrels she loved to chase.

Her tears ran down uncontrollably. She told them to stop, even shut her eyes, but they wouldn't listen. So she kept them open, because seeing was better than the dark. And with the man-beast thingy in front of her, she could hardly look away. So Tsu crouched in silence, refusing to move, refusing to pee. Because if she did the hairy creature would see her. Would eat her.

"There you are you little– Tsu get the hell over here, your families worried! You're too old to be playing childish games."

Tsu ignored the creep. She hated the way he looked at her sister, the way he pushed and kicked her when no one was around. The bully, he even ate her snacks.

Tsu looked back towards the monster and noticed it was gone. She strained her hearing, but all was silent. Where could it have– "aahhhhhhhhh! Nooooo!!" She cried.

The creep grabbed her with his secondary arms, and slapped her with his primary set.

"What the fuck!? Did you just piss on me!"

Tsu crawled away, she had to get back to safety before it returned.

"Damned rat, hiding in bushes and pissing on people, what the hell is wrong with you!?"

Torn grabbed Tsu's legs and she cried, and she kicked. "The monster!" But he wouldn't listen, no one ever did. "Put me down, put me down! Monster, there's a monster!"

She struggled with all her might, but Torn was blessed with four arms. She hated men.

"Shut up. Just shut up! I'm taking you back home, stop struggling. We've been out here for five minutes looking for you. You owe us all an apology, and you better put in a good word for me to your sister."

Tsu had stopped listening to him, once again covering her mouth and nose. I'm the silent one, take him, she prayed, staring out at the thing behind Torn's back. It's eyes were hot red, like the coals used to heat her village. She hated this place, why did her sister bring her here?

Tsu whimpered, "Behind you."

"What?"

"T-there'ss some-thing, behind you."

Indulging the stupid girl, Torn turned, and the beast lunged.

~

The night was theirs, a sacred ritual that would last through the eons. But tonight was special. He had the chance to lead the pack, prooving himself to the sweet child of darkness. She looked on, ushering him with those golden eyes. She approved of the kill, and his tail flicked in response, mirroring her own.

The smaller prey cried, it had soiled itself. He left it for her, but she stayed back watching him feed. No matter, he would eat the snack later. Oh it had fled? The desire to chase stirred, but he held off on the hunt. It wouldn't range far, and maybe, hopefully it would lead him to it's den. He wanted larger prey. These two legs were walking bones, that didn't sate his hunger. He needed more.

Joy filled his heart as the prey gasped for air. His mouth grew sticky with blood and he gulped it down, tearing out it's throat. When he finished his meal, he marked this spot as his own.

Now where'd the snack go? He sniffed. His belly was full, but his fun had just started.

~

Tsu tried her best, she had to get back to safety. But her legs hurt, and she was bleeding from her knee after a fall. Torn's screams had long stopped, that could only mean that she was next.

She was almost there, just a few more steps and she would make it up the hill. Then they will see her through the gates.

"Kira!" Tsu cried, she had spotted her sisters red hair, and markings. She was strong, but another of those creeps was near her, comforting her. He wasn't as bad as Torn, but still.

"Tsu!?" Her big sister cried back. In a rush she grabbed her, wiping the tears from her eyes, kissing her forehead. "Tsu, wha– are you hurt? What happened, why'd you run off?"

"Monster. Big scary monster!"

Her sister patted her on the head, "sshh sshh, it's okay. It's going to be alright. There's no monsters okay. There's only you and me here."

"It ate Torn! And– and, I'm next!"

Her big sister picked her up, rushing her back to the outpost.

"Where's Torn?" Asked a male member of the Joten clan.

Kira looked at him with weary eyes, "she says he's been eaten… by a monster."

"What? Impossible the next turn in the cycle isn't until next month. Plus we've already defeated a hoard barely five days ago."

"Well somethings out there. That likely explains why our weapons shipment from the Iron Way clan has never arrived. When were they ever late? Huh, Tak? Sound the alarm."

~

Successful track, completed! Congratulations! You have discovered an Outpost of the Joten clan.

Objective

Stealth Kill Joten Guards 2/50

Terrify Joten clan members 2/100

Maimed targets 1

Consumed targets 3

Leave none alive.

It watched through the trees, as the cub entered the den, carried by a female with hair braided down her back. It could smell her power, she was dangerous.

The monster flexed its claws, pushing down on the food that stirred beneath.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!"

It let him scream one final time.

Consumed targets 4

Circling the camp it shifted between shadows, mirroring the technique of the Dark One. Although unlike him, those shadows embraced her, concealing her until the final moment. But that didn't matter, because even if he was spotted, it was already too late.

"On the walls– blergghhaah!"

Blood splattered in the air, and painted a circle, as the head of the corpse rolled around on the floor.

Slight POV and tone shift for this chapter. Thoughts?

13