Chapter 34
444 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Alright, found one.’

Right now, I am in the forest where I picked the herbs for my first quest, hiding in the bushes while watching every movement of the horned rabbit which I have just found. As for why I am in the forest right now, that is because the plan for today is to hunt as much monster as I can to test my new skills, train myself to get more used to battles, and get some experiences to level up.

‘…It’s now or never. Let’s try to use that.’

I’ve decided that now is the best moment for me to kill that rabbit without it finding out. Sneakily, I begin to change my body position to make it much easier for me to kill it, then I make a gun figure with the fingers on my right hand.

‘Alright, focus my mana on the tip of my finger…’

I began to focus while still watching the rabbit’s movement then there are water crated on the tip of my finger. After that, I imagine the water forms into a shape. Then, the water’s form on the tip of my finger begins to change into the shape just like I imagine it to be, and that shape is a cone just like the tip of a bullet, but sharper with the size of around 3mm. This is actually the magic that I came up with from my training last night. I call it water bullet since I think it is already cool enough even if I just named it literally. But, I also make the water bullet spins at a speed which I think it should be enough to pierce something since I don’t really know the exact spinning speed of a bullet, instead of just shooting it straight like this to make it even more deadly. I begin to aim at the rabbit’s head by pointing the water bullet. Reflexively, I place my left hand under my right hand like the pose polices make on the film when they are ready to shoot with their pistols.

“*inhale*.”(Saito)

I take breathe a little to prepare myself to make sure I don’t miss.

‘Water Bullet.’

The water bullet shoots from my finger with a speed I can’t see with my eyes. The horned rabbit then suddenly look at my direction, but immediately after that, it flinches a little and falls down on the spot, not moving.

“*Exhale*, I did it.”(Saito)

I fall down on my butt, sitting on the ground, feeling relieved after I see the rabbit fell down because my water bullet managed to hit it. After that, I stand up and approach the horned rabbit to make sure it is dead for sure. When I approach it, I see the wound I made on its’ body, bleeding, but the horned rabbit is still not dead yet and still breathing.

“…Shit.”(Saito)

I actually plan to one kill the horned rabbit with the water bullet, but I failed. And because of that, now I feel guilty from seeing the horned rabbit suffering, holding on to its’ deary life.

‘Uuuughhh~, even though I had already done this once, I still can’t get used to it.’

“*Sigh*, alright, let’s do this.”(Saito)

I walked to change my position so that I am standing behind the horned rabbit and cannot see me. Then, I make the same water bullet just like before and aim it at the rabbit’s head.

 “Rest in peace.”(Saito)

I shoot the water bullet and after the water bullet hit the rabbit’s head, it died instantly.

“Huff~.”(Saito)

I exhaled from feeling mentally tired. After that, I picked the rabbit corpse while feeling a little disgusted by it and put it inside my inventory to sell it just like this later instead of trying to dismantle it since I’m afraid I will decrease its’ values if I try to dismantle it by myself.

‘Now then, before I continue, I should try to make my water bullet even more deadly.’

I thought to myself, reflecting the result of my previous water bullet to make sure I can kill the next ones in one shot

“Hmm….”(Saito)

‘How should I do this?’

 After thinking for a few seconds, I finally got a little idea.

‘Maybe, I can make the bullet works like a buckshot. …Let’s just try it for now.’

I immediately make a gun figure with my right hand like before to make a water bullet appears.

‘Now for the hard part.’

I aimed the water bullet at a nearby tree in front of me and shoot it to the tree, but when the bullet hits the tree, there are two holes on the tree instead of one.

“It worked!”(Saito)

What I did was I make the bullet to divide into two, right after I shoot it. Although, after I think about it again, there is a problem with this method.

‘Hmmm…, will this really work with the same distance when I kill the rabbit?’

The problem is that when the bullet divides, the bullet will go straight in opposite directions with each other, and the distance between each other will increase, the more the distance between me and my target. Of course, there will be no problem if it is in close range like when I shot the tree just now, but when I hunt the next ones, I will definitely try to shoot the bullet in a distance much further than just now and I doubt I can hit my target accurately like this.

“I guess this must be one of the reasons why buckshot is a shotgun bullet. Hmmm…”(Saito)

‘Isn’t there some way to make the bullet divides at the right timing?’

Just when I was thinking again, suddenly a stream of information appears inside my head out of nowhere.

‘…If it’s really like this then it might work.’

I quickly choose a tree as my target then I take a further distance from it compared to the first experiment. I make the water bullet and add the same buckshot effect like before and shoot it. Then just like before, there are two holes on the tree, but with further distance between each other this time.

‘Alright, now, for the one with a new method.’

Just like before, I make the water bullet with the buckshot effect again and shoot it at the same tree. The water bullet hit the tree and leaves two holes on the tree as well, but this time, the distance of the two holes between each other is much closer.

“Yes!!!”(Saito)

‘It actually worked. To think it can create this much result, I really underestimated the magic programming skill.’

For the last water bullet, I use a method I get from the information I receive from the magic programming skill earlier. How do I know the source of the information is from the magic programming skill? Obviously, it is part of the information. Moving on, actually there isn’t any special method into it, it’s just that I was overthinking it too much. What actually happen is that, to make the water bullet divided into two at the right timing, I made it so that the bullet will be divided the moment it is a few centimeters away from the target. As for what I mean by overthinking it too much, at first, I thought to be able to make sure the bullet divides at the right timing, I will need some way to make the bullet itself know its’ distance towards the target since the distance between me and the target obviously will never be the same unless I calculate it first, but that is where I was wrong. In the first place, there is no need for me to think for that method at all since as long as I know the location of my target, my magic automatically already knows the distance by using all of my senses. That is why, in the end, I just need to think of what will happened to the magic and what requirements and conditions needed to activate it.

“Now I feel stupid for overthinking this too much. …, but now that I think about it again, there is a possibility that it is this easy because my magic programming already reached level 5. Hmmm…., oh well, let’s just stop thinking about it for now.”(Saito)

I decided to stop thinking about it since in the end, it is just a waste of time because it is only based on my conjecture, so there is no possible way to prove my conclusion to be true or not.

“Anyway, I should continue hunting again.”(Saito)

After that, I waste no time and quickly search for my next prey by wandering around the surface part of the forest just like I have planned. After hours of hunting, I finally realized the sun is beginning to set.

“Wow, I already spent this much time, huh? Well, I’ve already got plenty anyway, so let’s head back, I guess.”(Saito)

So, I quickly go back to the town as fast as I can before the sky becomes dark then immediately head to the guild to sell the results of my hunt for some more pocket money.

6