Chapter 40
310 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Phew….”(Saito)

I breathed a sigh of relief while putting down my fighting stance when I see the horned rabbit fell to the ground and not moving. The moment I arrived at the forest, I immediately collect the herbs I need for the quest. Then, after collecting the herbs for a while, just like when I was collecting the herb for the first time, a horned rabbit ambushed me, again. Although, this time, I actually have no problem on dodging the horned rabbit’s ambush since I could see the horned rabbit’s attack this time just like in anime, though not to the point like it was a slow motion. In fact, not just the ambush, even the horned rabbit’s attacks after that, I can see all of them and dodge them easily, without a problem. Then, when the horned rabbit lunged at me, I immediately decided that it was the best chance for me to kill it, so I immediately used my dagger to slash it. And that is how I defeated the dead horned rabbit in front of me.

“Good thing I increased my knife mastery, though I never expected that I actually managed to one-shot it.”(Saito)

I sheathe my knife and approach the dead horned rabbit so I can put it to the inventory.

“Uugh~, I don’t think I will ever get used to this part.”(Saito)

I lift the dead horned rabbit from the ground by grabbing one of its’ ear while stretching my hand as far away from my body as possible from feeling disgusted by its’ corpse and also the blood on it then I put it into my inventory.

“Ah! Almost forgot. Rest in peace.”(Saito)

I said my prayer for the dead horned rabbit while I clap my hands together.

“Alright!”(Saito)

‘Time to continue collecting the herbs.’

I continue collecting the herbs as much as possible as I can since the more I collect, the bigger the rewards. What’s more, since the system also recognize the quests from the guild as one of its’ quests, thus when I check this quest in the system, I actually see the rewards from the guild and some CP’s as a reward from this quest. And for this quest, the system even shows how much rewards and CPs I can get for every additional herb I collect.

“Oh!”(Saito)

I suddenly thought of something.

‘Since I even got ambushed by a horned rabbit for the second time, it might be better for me to also try to hunt some horned rabbits instead of just completely focusing on gathering herbs.’

Then, the window of the system appears in front of me. And it came. The system’s quest which is created when I have just decided on something to do. Though, maybe because this quest is created from what I have decided to do, thus the rewards of this quest only consists of CPs for every horned rabbits I kill.

‘Well, anyway, let’s just do as best as I can.’

I closed the system’s window since it was in the way of my sight. Then, I continue gathering herbs and kill every horned rabbits I happened to encounter. After a few hours of nonstop gathering and killing, suddenly a notification appeared in front of me.

“A new skill?”(Saito)

Then I open my skill menu to check the new skill I have just got.

Skill
Skill Points(SP):3
Hand to Hand Combat LV.5 Spirit Language LV.3 Singing LV.1
Intuition LV.1 Ancient Language LV.9 Music Instrument LV.1
Cooking LV.1 Dergan Language LV.5 Fire Magic LV.1
Mathematics LV.2 Healing Magic LV.6 Water Magic LV.8
Chemistry LV.1 Magic Programming LV.7 Earth Magic LV.1
Wind Magic LV.1 Light Magic LV.1 Dark Magic LV.1
Knife Mastery LV.4 Gathering LV.1    

“Oh, so it’s the gathering skill.”(Saito)

I said while not feeling surprised at all then I try to see the information of the skill just to make sure.

Gathering

LV.1

 
Increase user’s efficiency when gathering resources by 10%.

“Well, that wasn’t what I expected.”(Saito)

When I see the gathering skill, I actually thought the information will say it will increase my gathering speed or increase the quality I get. Instead, the system makes the skill is being explained in an unclear way like this.

‘Hmm…, it only says efficiency, but if increasing efficiency here means it will increase everything which is needed to increase efficiency, then it should at least increase my gathering speed, though I doubt it will increase the quality.’

Without realizing it, I took some time to contemplate about it. But after a while, I’ve just decided to continue gathering herbs to see whether the skill makes a change or not.

“Phew, …I guess now is a good time to stop. Let’s see…”(Saito)

I opened my inventory to check the amounts of herbs I have managed to gather and the amounts of the horned rabbit I have killed.

‘I guess these are more than enough.’

“Alright, let’s go back then.”(Saito)

I’ve decided since I feel like I’ve already done enough for today. Although, in the end, I still didn’t feel the gathering skill make any change when I continued gathering herbs. Then, I return to town and make the guild my destination to finish the quest.

“Hello, Greenwood-san.”(Saito)

“Saito-san, welcome back.”(Lunalitte)

“I’m back.”(Saito)

The moment I reached the guild, I quickly go to the counter. And since Greenwood-san is in the counter, obviously I went to her to finish the quest.

“Should I just place the herbs here then?”(Saito)

“Yes, please.”(Greenwood)

Then I open my inventory and take out all of the herbs I have inside my inventory. After a while, the amounts of herbs I placed on the counter are stacked into a mountain.

“…”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san just stares at the mountain of herbs I placed without saying anything while smiling.

“Um…, Saito-san, how do you get this? Could it be that you find some kind of hidden place where these herbs grow? There are even some with better qualities than the ones I’ve ever seen.”(Lunalitte)

“No, I just gathered these in the usual place.”(Saito)

“I-I see. Anyway, I’ll be bringing this to the back to appraise it, but it may take a while so if you can please wait a sec.”(Lunalitte)

“Okay, but actually, I also killed some horned rabbits so I actually also want to sell them as well.”(Saito)

“I see, then…, please wait a sec.”(Lunalitte)

Right after she said that, Greenwood-san immediately takes out a big box just like yesterday and sort the herbs on the counter into the box.

“Okay, you can place the horned rabbits on the counter.”(Lunalitte)

“Okay.”(Saito)

I open my inventory again and take out the horned rabbits’ corpses in my inventory and place them on the counter. Just like before, after a while, the horned rabbits stacked into a mountain on the counter.

“…….Okay, I will take all of these for appraisal first.”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san then take out another big box and this time, she places all of the horned rabbits into the box. Judging from her reaction, I think she already had a guess on the abnormal amounts I want to sell. Though, I think she was a little surprised at first since she went completely silent.

“Saito-san, because of the big amounts of the horned rabbits, we will have to charge you for dismantling them. Is it okay if we take the cost of dismantling from your reward just like before?”(Lunalitte)

“Yes, that is fine. Ah! Greenwood-san, actually, can you please separate the meats since I want to keep them.”(Saito)

I asked Greenwood-san since I have just remembered that there is something I need to do and I need the horned rabbits’ meats for that.

“I understand. By the way, Saito-san, about what we talked about this morning, I’ve managed to find a party which is interested to have you as a temporal member.”(Lunalitte)

“Really!?”(Saito)

“Yes, Although, they want to interview you first. So, if you think you’re ready, you can do the interview now, since currently they have just gotten back from taking a quest.”(Lunalitte)

“Yes, I’ll do it!”(Saito)

“Okay, then let’s do it while you are waiting for the appraisals of the herbs and the horned rabbits shall we? Please wait here a sec, I will take these to the back first then I will take you to them.”(Lunalitte)

“Yes.”(Saito)

Then once again, Greenwood-san does the impossible. She lifts the two boxes and brings it to the back room with her. After a while, she finally came out from the back room and leads me to the bar in the guild. And for every step I take, the more nervous I get for the interview.

4