A Fox in Qidian
70 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A group of explores enter Qidian, The Forbidden Cave of Untold Riches. However, after almost a month of frustrating dead ends and booby traps, the only two who remain are a fox girl named Gandire Alea and a red dragon named Ddraig. Everyone else either turned back or died.

Ddraig finishes packing his bag and says, "Ojou-sama, any longer and scourge of dead writers will catch up."

Gandire takes a breath and nods. She gives a final prayer to her departed sister, Shizuka Mikki, and stands. "Let's go."

As they walk, Ddraig says, "Forgive me for asking, Ojou-sama, but I've been wonder something for the past three weeks. Why did you accept the invitation to raid this cave?"

"Curiosity, I guess. Everyone says Qidian will suck your blood straight out of your eyes, but they also say there are untold riches to be found. I figured since enough of use were coming in, there'd be safety in numbers…"

"Why didn't you invite Grandpa_World?"

"I did, he was sleeping. Why didn't you invite Maid Chan?"

"She was still in jail under 911's watchful eyes."

Gandire is about to comment, but then stops. Her ears perk up and she holds her nose up as she leans forward.

"Ojou-sama?"

Gandire smiles and runs off.

"Ojou-sama!? Wait for me!"

A small fox boy sleeping in a small nook soon comes into view. He was trying to hide, but his scent is one Gandire will never forget. A wide grin spreads across her face as she shouts with the entirety of her heart. "Skullie!"

Skullie pops awake and screams the second he sees Gandire. He sprints as fast as his little legs can carry him while saying, "Naauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

Gandire once more shouts, "Skullie!" The call echoes throughout the cave as she runs even faster. Once she's close enough, she pounces and tackle hugs the fox boy.

Ddraig soon catches up. Despite his heavy breathing, he manages to say, "You- you found Skullie… Ojou-sama?"

Gandire rubs her face against Skullie's while saying, "That's right, fufufu."

Tears flow from Skullie as he screeches and struggles to escape. "Nuuu, let me gaoooo!"

Ddraig says, "I'll get the equipment ready."

Skullie, trapped within Gandire's arms, can only plead to deaf ears. "Why, aren't we kin?"

"I thought you were dead after separating form us last week. I'm so glad I was wrong, fufufu~"

"Nooooooo!"

Half an hour later, Gandire and Ddraig are feasting on Skullie burgers. Gandire says, "Finally, I totally feel alive again. I'll be honest, any more of that preserved stuff and I would have flipped."

Ddraig licks his fingers. "Still, the scourge has surrounded us again."

Gandire jumps onto her feet. "After that meal, I can take on the world! Come, my burning left hand of destruction, let's show these living corpses what we're made of!"

Ddraig envelops himself in flames and rams the oncoming scourge with an Earth shaking roar.

Gandire summons a sword and also charges into the fray. "Bantyo blade!"

They soon force an opening through the scourge from which they can escape. Gandire jumps atop of Ddraig's back and says, "Full speed, that way!" Ddraig, despite being in a cave, flaps his wings and flies them to safety. Gandire looks back at the scourge and says, "I think I saw Shem in there."

"May she rest in peace."

After a while, Gandire says, "You know?"

"Yes, Ojou-sama?"

"After all of this, I think I should just make my own place. I'm gonna call it American Faux. It'll be a fun place where you can come, chill, read some good stories, and just hang out."

"You mean like LysUltima and Ebisu?"

"Yep, Lys-chan looks pretty happy there. A lot was sacrificed through this journey. The rumors of untold riches are obviously a trap to trick others into coming here, but it's helped me realize what's important."

"Ojou-sama, I might be getting ahead of myself, but I recommend using NUF as a starting point."

"Oh, great idea, Ddraig! American Faux will reach a much wider audience there. Whenever I make an update, it'll let the whole world know. Fufufu~ I can't wait to start! Let's hurry home, Ddraig."

"Yes, Ojou-sama!"

2