Chapter 2: And So it Begins
308 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere

Somewhen

No clue


I don't know how long I was in the void. It could've been days, months, weeks, or even years. It was just me and my thoughts for that time frame however, and it sucked balls.

One minute I'm at home the next I here wherever here is. And so I had no other choice to wait. After all, I was here for a reason I just had to be patient and an opportunity will....

*Character Generator Initializing*

  • *Error... Incomplete Character*
  • *Activating Emergency Reboot* 
    • *Reboot Complete*

*Character Generator Initializing*

  • *Error... Incomplete Character*
  • *Activating Emergency Reboot* 
    • *Reboot Complete*

*Character Generator Initializing*

  • *Error... Incomplete Character*
  • *Diagnostics Running* 
  • *Human Error%* 

*Activating Sub-Protocol 1dq36* 

And then I was back, alone, in the apartment Livingroom, but as an orb, however. The room itself didn't change, being it's usual cluttered self. But when I turned, after finally figuring out how to move, towards the table where the game was supposed to be, I saw a large central orb with faint trails of light highlighting pillars. Seeing no other option I approached the orb. As I approached the orb, an interface popped up, facing me.

Divine Realm Interface

Layout: Select Core Room and other Section Layouts and Appearances

Sections: 

  • Core Room
  • Free Section x4 (Unlock Additional sections per God Level(s)) 
  • Afterlife *Locked* 
Guests & Occupants: 1 (Owner)

Finish Character creation to Unlock more features...…..

 I did not understand how I could finish my character sheet without the necessary equipment, hands and a character sheet for one. And a character sheet popped out of nowhere. Hmm... Okay so that's a thing that can happen apparently. Snap out of it, focus. If I can make a character sheet I should be able to make a body, or hand for that matter.

2 Hours Later_________________________________________

So many hands... so many hand.... so many.....

Okay so things didn't go quite as smooth as I had first thought it would. I made hands alright, a bunch of freaking severed hands. The blood, skin, bones, muscle, and other inside and outside bits didn't want to stay together. Instead I got gore exploded everywhere and in places I didn't think were possible for a 3D Spirit Body. 

Fortunately, I discovered that there was a self cleaning feature for the room... every 1 hours. Also, when I was in direct contact with my hands, they seemed to stay together only exploding whenever I stopped being contact with my hand or tried to make a not so human hand. Thinking about it the only way for me to make a hand, that I could keep from exploding, was to not stop touching it and keep it humanish.

Suddenly an idea I hadn't thought of occurs to me. Why not just make a complete body and not some VR knockoff. Thinking about it all I need is enough energy for this to work. Alright, now to make a whole body to house my core. How hard can that be...

Concentrate, energy whirls, Concentrate, even more energy whirls, Okay that's good but it's too spread out, now Condense and Shape, the energy proceeds to condense down into a somewhat human shape. I am temporarily blinded, oh yeah eyes. If I remember my anatomy correctly, eyes are special gel sacs made up of several layers and lenses, and nerves that catch light and convert it into electrical impulses, done by the optic nerve which also transmits them to the brain allowing most being the ability to see. 

That's too complicated I'll just move some stuff around here, add some eyes there, and a pair of transmitters and receivers, and now I can see... again. Now that my Avatar's out of they way, I walk, but mostly float over to the sheet set before me. Summoning a pencil I prepared to get to work, when I notice some changes to my sheet had already occurred.

Name: Maracam

Domain: Farming

Race: Human
Strength: 62 Dexterity: 42 Endurance: 54
Intelligence: 64 Wisdom: 44 Fortitude: 200
Charisma:74 Clarity: 148 Constitution: 160

Resistances: Earth, Metal, Physical. 

Weaknesses: Fire, Plague, Nature 

Abilities: Harvester's Blessing

Personality: Complete Backstory

Backstory: Roll, and draw cards.

Appearance: Humanoid, nongendered, colorless, golden eyes, and no hair.

Quests: ...

Goal: ...

Sub goal: ...

A dice appeared as soon as I read the words and seeing no other option I rolled. But not before making sure I looked more humanish. It might come up later. Additionally, I also pulled up a backstory guide sheet so I would know what I'm getting into, beforehand. I remember that there were some, pretty grisly options.


Part 1 of 4

Rolling... 2: Serf (Low-tier) Farmhand:

Description: "Born from simple origins, your family served as simple farmers for the local lord. It was a hard life, resulting in you spending most of your childhood and teen years as an only child. Fortunately, there was just enough food for the three members of your family to get by."

Skills: Harvester, Seed Sower, Plant Care, Plant Cultivation(Basic), hunger resistance, pain resistance, thermal resistances. 

Proficiency: Farmers Tool's (basic) 

Choose: Stoic(personality), Hardy(personal), or Attribute Bonus


Okay so.. <drums sound> and memories that are not wholly mine begin. They were like the description above, but more personal. There were people who I didn't know yet felt attached to. I worked everyday doing odd chores while the adults worked the field, as I was still too young to help with the harvest. Birthdays, village celebrations, funerals, weddings, and eventually me working in the fields. As the man who I could only assume was my father put it, " Son, ours is a simple life. This village was where ye' were born and it will be thy tomb. Fret not, you won't be lonely. Just try not to reach to far, for with a simple life like ours, it's often we get burnt when we reach for more stars."

Falling in love, dancing, sex, and more harvests. It was more than likely that I would have died in this place as I was a simple farmer, from a simple family, and from a simple life. However life is rarely so kind as to allow things to remain the same forever, and that is why when adventure knocks it often occurs with a battering ram.

Part 2 of 4 

Choose 1 of 3: 

War: A chance, a change. The embodiment of human rage and greed. Go forth, for Glory and Noble deeds. 
Plague: That which brings cities down and king's low. Not to be trifled with, or many, if not all will suffer.
Noble: A scorned prince, an enraged princess. A Bastard Bloodline, or a forbidden love.

Alright that was terrifying. Not only that, but not only did I have my memories, but I also have My memories. Ugh, time travel paradoxes, or, no, another life perhaps. Or maybe? Looking at my choices I would probably say that it's pretty clear that this is some sort of artificial history tutorial scenario.

Hmm... Now that that's settled what too pick. Noble sounded okay, war too. Plague was just a little too ominous for my taste's. So that's out, and that just leaves me choosing between War and Noble. Hmm... Let's go with war. Possibly ruling an empire is great and all, but that just doesn't fit my character. Also, I don't want to experience all of that drama. 
And with that I chose an Attribute Increase for Strength, and speak while clicking my choice, "I choose war." 
 
And so I hear <drums sounds> and memories that both are and are not wholly mine begin once more. 
 
My Father and I had to leave for war thanks' to a quarrels amongst the 'nobles'. We were called in by our local Lords and Ladies to fight, and of course this meant potentially risking our lives so the pay was good. We left one misty morning saying goodbye to our families, lovers, and friends potentially for the last time. After one last night of intimacy, I too had to separate from my lover, but not before agreeing to wed upon my return.
 
They promised us glory and battle, I saw none of it. They also promised to properly train and arm us. Aye I saw a bit of training, but by properly, I think they meant to charge at our enemies with rusty blades and wooden spoons. All the while covered in armor that wasn't even armor at all. From the looks of it it was more than likely the armor scraps from whatever the "proper" soldiers threw away, or was entirely made out wood and leather scraps. If we were lucky of course, most of the members of squad if you could call us that wore no armor at all, save me, my Father, my Uncle, his eldest son Walter, and some guy named Frank. 
 
The war lasted for a year and a half, but it still took its toll. My Father and Uncle did not return from battle, and my cousin took a bad blow to the head and was sent to a temple to be cared for as he no longer could do so for himself. As for Frank and most of our squad, they either deserted or had no other choice but to to turn to banditry, and I was left to deal with the aftermath. When I returned home from, my mother was in mourning, my aunt driven mad, and my beloved in the bed of another. 
 
Fortunately my Uncle's daughter Ellory ended up wedding the Lord's Son, and her brother, my Uncle's younger son, was taken in as a squire. As is the custom, being their cousin and only remaining next of kin, sane or conscious anyway's,   I was bequeathed their families farmland.
 

Skills: Unarmed Combat(basic), Armed Combat LVL 2 of 10, pain resistance -> Pain Tolerance.  

Proficiency: Survival 

Gains: +10 Str., End., Frt., Pessimistic (personality). 


Ough… that was rough, between the death, rotting organs, cuckolding, and headache from the magic memory tutorial I could use a break. Unfortunately it doesn't quite work that way. 

For Part 3 of 4 My farmhand was upgraded to middle tier, and I ended marrying an adventurer and having kids. We lived and worked on the farm until my wife convinced me to turn to adventuring with her and the kids'. Around this time my cousin awoke from his stupor. Naturally I wanted to stay but after convincing me to let Walter have the farm we set off on the road for adventure. Where everyone was promptly slaughtered. 
Part 4 of 4 was how I became a god. Long story short. I just sat in the spirit world for a few centuries, and eventually, I developed a slightly larger form. After which I tried to grow plants and was met with several resounding failures. However, at some point a traveler between the realms stopped by and left some plant seeds  for me. I managed to grow them and presto, I was attacked by a spirit mob. Not everyone likes plants who knew. 
 
After a few more years there I finally encountered a god, well a dead one anyways. Not gonna lie, I only became a god because as a spirit I was able to siphon of some of it's divine essence. Naturally people, err spirits and gods, were pissed so I had to spend a few centuries hiding in this dimension. And that's my backstory. Now it was time to become the God king of the age and take the world one carefully cultivated field at a time. Just so I can farm in peace for once. 
 
Ugh... 
 
Name: Maracam

Domain: Farming - God Lvl: 1 

Race: Human
Strength: 82 Dexterity: 42 Endurance: 64
Intelligence: 64 Wisdom: 44 Fortitude: 210
Charisma:74 Clarity: 148 Constitution: 160

Resistances: Earth, Metal, Physical, Hunger Resistance, Pain Tolerance, Thermal Resistances. 

Weaknesses: Fire, Plague, Nature 

Abilities: Harvester's Blessing, Fields of Plenty, Reap what you Sow. 

Skills: Harvester, Seed Sower, Plant Care, Plant Cultivation(Advanced), Unarmed Combat(basic), Armed Combat (basic). 

Proficiency: Farmers Tool's (basic), weaponary (poor), Scythe's (Advanced), Survival. 

Personality: Pessimistic, longing for love, and possibly a little nuts but who isn't (especially after so much drama). 

Backstory: "Born from simple origins, your family served as simple farmers for the local lord. It was a hard life, resulting in you spending most of your childhood and teen years as an only child. Fortunately, there was just enough food for the three members of your family to get by. Eventually you yourself worked on the farm until war struck. You and your family were never quite the same. As time went on your and your families wounds healed and you found love. Sadly it was all lost in a freak bandit raid when your wife convinced you to go adventuring. You then sent years slowly cultivating strength and by sheer luck became a god of farming."

Appearance: Humanoid, nongendered, colorless, golden eyes, and no hair.

Quests: Finish the Tutourial

Goal: To become the New God King

Sub goal: To rebuild your family

 
I need a break. So I'm gonna take one. 

1 hour later

 
After calming down and going through an hour of self-therapy, I moved on with my screen setup. Clicking the layouts tab, I was met with several options.
Open Field
Orchard: Varies
Market Variant: Farmer's Market
Silo
Corn Maze

Keeping it simple, yet defensive, I went with Corn Maze. It totally had nothing to do with wanting to solve it... okay maybe a little. But who can blame me, corn mazes are fun. 

Announcement
Hey how should the story progress? What should the Characters look like and what should I do? Help me decide. I'll update usually around once a month with a minimum word count of 1500, but that is subject to change and school starting up in less that a month> Oh yeah I'm going to college whoop whoop. Oh wait Covid? Eh I can just quarantine in the dorm so I don't catch it........... probably. Anyways, I have written several things before, but I have a tendency to latch onto new ideas or as I like to put it butterflies and chase them away from a story. I.e. I go with the flow. I know not great for an author, but writing with me is mostly for fun. So maybe this time will be different who knows. I mean I have a semi groove to it, but I'm not totally surge.

Sorry for Splurging out. But anyways I appreciate feedback and love fan theorizing, but not fanfic ??. Still though I would appreciate advice on how the story should progress. Stay safe out there.

p.s. you can also find me on Royal Road or Webnovel.  

-Anthony Calfa

Story Ideas comment below
  • What should Mc look like? Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Should I alternate Pov's? Votes: 1 50.0%
Total voters: 2 · This poll was closed on Aug 19, 2020 07:03 AM.
0