CH. 1 – Prologue
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the outer rim of a spiralled galaxy a solar system by the name of Alpha Hyperia, there exists Prima. A large rocky exoplanet, home to the population of approximately 30 billion humans.

"All children born in the world are gifted with a very peculiar power, customarily known as "aspect". Although there is no historical evidence as to when and how aspects were truly introduced to humans, the first recorded evidence was in the beginning of the Primarian calendar when the first pioneers of that era grasped this ability. Very soon, they foresaw the countless possibilities that would arrive from this opportunity which would evidently bolster the human race to a new era. First, they made major advancements in the agriculture sector through... and then..."

"-Aspect power varies from person to person with an offset chance of multiple people possibly having the same type of aspect. However, all aspects have a condition that must be met before any action can be performed and this condition may also vary from person to person even if they have the same type of aspect, somewhat akin to fire requiring an oxidising agent before igniting or requiring some sort of ignition heat like a spark or  fuel like dry wood to burn continuously and the condition can determine the rank of an Aspect user. A fire aspect user that needs fuel will always be ranked lower than the other two. It's all down to luck, so it all depends on the individual... huh..."

"It all.. depends.. on the INDIVIDUAL NELL."

"NELL!!!"

"-HAHAHAHAHA"

"He's fallen asleep again Dev, how many times is that now?"

"Too many to count"

"NELL!!!"

There he goes again with his obnoxious 'prologue to power'. Good grief, he can't  give it a break for even a day. 

"yawwwwwn"

"What's wrong sir?"

"-HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU, NO SLEEPING IN CLASS! AND LOOK, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"Conserving energy sir. Rule 8 of 'Everyday Aspect Guide'."

"-You have the guts to talk to me about the aspect guide boy, your finals are just around the corner and you have the audacity to sleep in class..."

"Listen all of you. You should all be working hard and planning what university you want to go to. Furthermore, you should have an idea of where you want to go to by now, applications are opening soon. Especially you Nell."

"I mean, I don't really care where I end up. I could always just drop school and work for the auntie at the bouquet store near the school."

"-Don't you dare give me that dropout crap. Every student I've ever had has made it into university, I have never had a dropout among them and you will definitely not be the first. AND THE SAME GOES FOR ALL OF YOU."

"RINGRINGRINGRING"

"Class dismissed."


"Whew, you really annoyed him a lot today Nell, what's the problem? Something happened at your home right? Did your dad cheat on your mum? Your dad has an illegitimate child? Are your parents having a divorce? How much is your mum getting? WHO ARE YOU STAYING WITH! Tell me, tell me!"

"-Shut your stupid mouth Dev before he kills you."

"No he's right Erian."

"-What the fuck?"

"-OH.. MY.. GOD... I WAS RIGHT!"

"I really did annoy sir a lot today. He deserved it"

"-Oh."

"-DAMMIT, I THOUGHT I UNLOCKED A CLAIRVOYANT ASPECT."

"Can't have two aspect's Dev, you idiot. Anyways, were you being serious Nell, about dropping out?"

"I'm not sure Erian. I don't really have the motivation for university and I don't feel like working towards a future where I have a high ranking job with the aspect that I have. I just can't imagine any scenario where it would be useful."

"Well, what about our dream of getting into the battle acade-"

"-Enough Dev, you know we can't get into those kinds of places especially with the school we're in. Our school is not high ranking enough to receive admission options for those places."

"WELL ERIAN... you wont know if you don't try."

"Shut up."

"Good grief. Whatever happens... it'll be a problem for the future me."

"Anyways, this is my stop you two, I'll see you tomorrow."

"See ya later Nell."

"Bye Nell."


After getting off the bus I started walking home but suddenly I saw a man walking into a shop and with gleaming suspicion, I realised... I was hungry. So I went in and bought some food to accommodate my hunger. 

Wait, I'm getting sidetracked. Dev was right. I shouldn't give up on my dreams of going to a battle academy. Both Dev and Erian have always been close with me since young. We went to the same schools and our parents have known each other for a long time and and we've also had the same dream ever since we were young. Our passion for combat is unparalleled in our school going as far as being the best martial artists in the entire school. Stories about pioneers of  the past only fuels our drive for the day we join a battle academy. I should talk to them about this tomorrow. But I cant bring myself to. 

With my aspect what am I to do? I've trained in martial arts for so long and I've mastered everything. In a fist fight I can guarantee my win in just any bout but just a proficiency in martial arts wont cut it in battle academy, I'm sure a large majority of students there are trained as well, I need to have a good aspect.

Sir Edmund was right. Fire aspect users are powerful but their rank can easily be determined by their condition. A fire aspect user that needs fuel will always be lower ranked than the other two who either need oxygen or an ignition point. But that doesn't mean the user that needs fuel will be weaker than the other two.

Although most people think my aspect is useless in combat, I've never even really tested it in combat before and this is all thanks to the law. Good grief. If using aspect power against other people wasn't illegal then I could see the potential effects of my aspect. 

Maybe that's why I keep seeing suspicious figures. I'm too enthusiastic about testing my aspect on someone, my blood rushes every time I entertain the idea. Can somebody break the law please? Robbery at least? I promise I wont kill you. 


"That's that kid right?"

"Yeah, it's him, he kept looking at me weirdly in the store the entire time. I think he suspects me."

"Well we cant have that now can we."

"Not with the operations ongoing right now in this city."

"We need to remove all suspicious eyes on our movement, we cant mess this up. Follow him and dispose of him when you can, keep it silent, leave no traces."

"What of remains?" 

"Do what you want."

"Yes sir."

"With my aspect, I'll make it quick and silent. I'll be back"

...

"What a disgusting little pawn."

"This city will be ours and low rung thugs like you will only be disposable pests by the end."

0