Chapter 187: New Year’s Surprise
358 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 188 is available for Patreons

If you enjoy this novel or have a suggestion, please leave a comment or message me to let me know! Thanks!

Join me on Discord

As you can imagine, Kaede and Eri made out like gangsters for Christmas. When Ryu brought down their bikes, they squealed excitedly and immediately asked to be taught to ride them. So, we followed them outside, and Ryu and Dad helped them.

As much as I love Christmas, I’m glad that it’s over with, but one of the presents that Mama got them were matching dresses and shoes for New Year’s Eve. Mama told me she asked the stylists to design them something special, and in my opinion, they did an awesome job. I think they’ll be the belles of the ball.

Their shoes are 5-centimeter wedge sandals in a blush pink, and their dresses are Fuschia. Floor-length, Illusion neckline, halter dresses with a fitted top and flared, pleated skirt. They’ll be so pretty in them.

They love to dance, so we all dance with them, but they especially love it when Dad and Ryu pick them up and dance with them. There are also a couple of boys who are slightly older than them that they tend to dance with as well.

Anyway, other than at mealtimes, Chinatsu, Ryu, and I have been hiding out in our room after Christmas since it’s rare that we get all that much alone time. Of course, we spend a couple of hours a day playing with Kaede and Eri. We enjoy it, and so do they.

We also talked about finally having a little brother, who I can guarantee you will be doted on just as much as Kaede and Eri.

[Sunday, December 31]

Ryu wakes up Chinatsu and me this morning, and then literally shags us senseless from the number of orgasms we have. Believe me, we aren’t complaining in the least. I’ve said before that having an orgasm is a wonderful way to start your day, and the only thing better than one is having lots more of them.

We shower, bathe, put our hair up in ponytails, dress in something casual and comfortable, then head downstairs to eat. After we eat, we relax and watch movies until lunch. Afterward, we take a nap since this is going to be a long night. We have a light dinner, and then we’re taken upstairs to get us ready.

Now, I should mention that before Christmas, our stylists made us new gowns for tonight. Considering how much we loved our dresses on my birthday, I asked them to make us something similar.

So, we ended up with mermaid gowns with a split over our right leg that reaches mid-thigh. They made my gown with a sky-blue bodice that feathers into an ivory, pleated, floor-length skirt. Chinatsu’s is the opposite of mine. An ivory bodice that feathers into a sky-blue pleated floor-length skirt. Both are off-the-shoulder and again show quite a bit of cleavage. We love what they designed for us. They pair them with ultra-sheer nude stockings and ivory ankle-strap sandals with 13-centimeter stiletto heels for both of us.

Then, our stylists put our hair up in french twists and apply our makeup. After that, they lead us into the bedroom and help us dress. We remove our robes as they hand us our panties. We won’t be wearing a bra since our gowns have built-in support, and then we wiggle our way into our gowns. Then comes jewelry: Ivory velvet chokers with a large diamond pendant, our wedding rings, diamond stud earrings, and lastly, my circlet.

After they have us dressed, we head downstairs to meet everyone, then we load up into the SUVs and head to the ballroom.

Once there, everyone else but Ryu and I head inside as we wait for our cue to enter the venue from Yui, who is again MCing tonight.

A few minutes later, Yui begins, “Lords and Ladies, Honored guests, and last but certainly not least, citizens of the Sol System, welcome. Someone famous once said, wink wink, ‘A new year is another chance for us to get it right,’ and we are just a few hours away from that new chance. Things may not always go the way we want, but we need to remember to never be disappointed when that happens. Always stand back up, dust ourselves off, and march ahead with renewed determination. A new year brings new opportunities to start over, and make a resolution to achieve all those dreams you and your family desire.

“On that note, allow me to welcome everyone to the Commonwealth New Year Party.

“Let me break this event down for you guys. We planned a heck of a lot of activities, like games, fashion shows, music, and dance. ‘Foodie’s’ is catering tonights’ event and ‘Fire Water’ will be making cocktails for you.

“At 11:59, we will start the countdown on the big screen and welcome the new year. And you know what happens after that. Enjoy the music, and dance till you drop.

“With that said, please welcome Her Majesty, Queen Sora.”

And that’s our cue. Taking Ryu’s arm as he leads me inside, I smile and nod to people as they curtsy or bow when we slowly walk past them. Soon enough, we reach the stage, where Ryu takes me over to Yui and then heads off to take his seat.

I take the mic from Yui, murmuring my thanks.

“Welcome everyone! It is New Year’s Eve, once again!

“It seems as if time goes by faster and faster as we get on in years. It was different when we were children: it took forever, from getting up in the morning of Christmas Eve until we could finally gather around the Christmas tree. The days between Christmas and the New Year were full of life and activity, but on New Year’s Eve, time dragged on again until we could hear the bells throughout the commonwealth ringing in the new year.

“One of the many things that make this time of the year so very special is probably the joy of expectation: the joy of being together, looking forward to a new year with all of the hopes and dreams it brings. This past year has brought hard times for some of us, but thankfully, the situation has markedly improved. I have high hopes that this year will be much better for all of us.

“The Sol system is made up of many different people. Although, we are all humans. People are different, and we need different people with their individual abilities and talents, their different ways of thinking.

“One person may be a mathematician, while another knows all about technology. One person is good at attracting customers or running a business. Some have the talent of teaching, whereas others’ talents lean toward caring for children, the elderly, or the sick. Others might prefer to bury themselves in books and see how the world opens from there. Some are so good with their hands that it is almost incredible how they do it.

“No one talent is better or grander than another; we need all of them, for the betterment of all of us. We rely on this multitude of talents to get through our daily lives, even though we might not realize it. We each do what we can, each and every one of us.

“Life for our citizens is improving, one small step at a time. The fertility treatment is having an impact. Slowly, but surely, humanity’s numbers are finally increasing for the first time in decades. We need those people as we push ever deeper into the dark depths of space.

“Much has changed since I was born. A simple virus almost wiped humanity from the face of the Earth in a very short period of time. An asteroid could have destroyed all life on Earth. Since that time, our world has changed, but change is good. Change keeps us from stagnating. Change allows us to ask ourselves what’s the most important to us in life, keeping the good and discarding the bad. Change has allowed humanity to live better than any other time in history. We are more free, more prosperous, and have a much better standard of living. Even the poorest amongst us want for nothing.

“In our day-to-day lives, the hours of the day are filled with work and duties. But what matters the most to us when it’s time to go home? The people who are close to us, they matter the most. For most of us, they’re our family. Family is not necessarily the same today as it was generations ago. There is more variety today, but also more broad-mindedness and tolerance. There are many people I define as my family members, but in a broader sense, all of humanity is family. We need to remember that.

“When there are more possibilities, there are also more choices. That is, in principle, a step forward. But we may also lose our bearings when faced with all the possibilities. Our day-to-day lives are full of demands that must be met and choices that must be made. Each of us has many possibilities these days. It may look as if all doors are open to us, but one person alone can’t do everything. Nor do we believe it is possible to take an interest in everything. That is why we depend on each other.

“Tonight, I have a suggestion to make to all citizens: that we sometimes do something different from what we usually do. Something beyond the practical needs of everyday life. Try to do something that isn’t strictly necessary, something for which there is no practical need, something pointless!

“It won’t be the same thing for everybody. Some prefer going for a walk in the woods or along the beach. Others would rather listen to music or watch a TV series. I believe it’s important to have experiences that appeal to our senses, something that inspires our imagination, that stimulates the mind, and that can expand our worldview.

“And maybe, that’s not so pointless after all.

“I realize that I keep saying this, but it’s something that I’m trying to hammer home for everyone. We rely on each other in so many ways, so in many situations, it is necessary that we help each other. I don’t just mean the first responders in emergencies. Humans are social creatures, everyone knows this, but it’s rarely brought to mind. It’s something I’d like everyone to keep in mind as they go about their lives. I’d be very happy to hear that people are once again reaching out to their neighbors, building stronger bonds, and helping each other.

“Lastly, together, with all of my family, I wish to say thank you to everybody for the old year. Life goes up and down. The most important thing is that we have people who are close to us. Therefore, I send my New Year’s greetings here tonight to all those who have experienced hard times in the old year and to each and everyone who must sit alone.

“My wish is that the new year will bring renewed hope and joy to everyone. May God bless our Commonwealth and each and every citizen. Thank you, and I hope you’ll enjoy the evening.”

I make my way over to my seat and sit down. I’m really looking forward to this next part. Kinji came to see Ryu several days ago and asked him if it was alright if he asked Maki to marry him. Of course, Ryu told him yes.

Kinji walks over to Yui and takes the mic from her as Ryu escorts Maki over to him. She looks more than a bit confused. Until Kinji kneels and begins talking.

“The moment I saw you for the very first time will be stuck in my memory ‘till the end of my days because it was the day when the course of my life radically changed its direction. I remember seeing you for the first time and my heart skipping a beat. You were just so beautiful. I was totally overwhelmed by you. I was so proud when I introduced you to my family because I was certain that they would love you just as much as I do. However, when I saw you playing with my niece, I knew then that you are the one I want to share every day with for the rest of my life.

“I don’t know how it had been possible for me to live without your support and cheerfulness, without listening to you singing and watching you dancing when you thought nobody was watching.

“You encourage me to get up every morning, to do great deeds for you, and to constantly become better. You are my inspiration, my motivation, and my reason for living. You make me happier than I’ve ever been before, and I believe that together, we can make our dreams come true.

“You are the perfect person for me: my friend; my advisor; my companion; hopefully, the mother of our children; and most assuredly, soon to be my wife.

“I promise to do everything I can to be the perfect husband for you and to become someone that you deserve. I want to be your happily ever after, and I will do my best to make sure that your incredible smile never fades. You are the greatest and most precious gift given to me in this life, so I want the whole world to know about my infinite and undying love for you.

“I’m looking forward to the day when my last name becomes ours, and our love gives birth to a new family. You are the only one I want. For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer. My voice is trembling, and my heart is pounding in my chest, hoping you will say yes and make me the happiest and luckiest man on Earth. My Love, will you marry me?”

The whole time he’s been speaking, she’s had her hand covering her mouth with tears dribbling down her cheeks. Heck, even I have tears in my eyes because I’m so happy for her. She deserves a good man, and he damn sure is one.

Apparently, she can’t speak because all she does is nod. After she does, he drops the mic to hug her while everyone claps and cheers.

The remainder of the evening is uneventful. We have a few glasses of champagne, dance, kiss each other at midnight, and then head back to the palace.

[Monday, January 1, 2063]

This morning, we wake up bright and early, bathe, and don our kimonos, then we all load up into the SUVs to go to the shrine to pray. As usual, the news and video bloggers are there in droves to record us. It makes me wonder just what about me and my family praying is so interesting to them.

As always: A huge thank you to all my Patreons!

11