Chapter 109: Event
789 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 117 is available for Patreons

If you enjoy this novel or have a suggestion, please leave a comment or message me to let me know! Thanks!

Join me on Discord

[July 25, Thursday]

Not really all that much happened today so I’ll just give you the highlights.

We got up, bathed as usual, made breakfast and cleaned up after we ate. We decided it was time for a deep cleaning of the house and spent the morning doing that. We then did the laundry to get it all caught up. Chinatsu and I went up to our room, made out and took a nap. Sofi woke us for lunch, we ate and then we helped clean everything up.

The school called us shortly after lunch to give us our scores. Of course, we all passed. Here’s the breakdown of how we did:

I’ll list the scores in order of: Japanese, English, History, Math, General Science, Social Studies and then the total score.

Chinatsu scored 86, 91, 84, 97, 98, 92 and a total score of 548/600.

Honoka scored 92, 93, 94, 93, 97, 89 and a total score of 558/600.

Sofi scored 96, 99, 91, 98, 99, 92 and a total score of 575/600.

I really shouldn’t have to say it, but I got 100’s across the board and a total score of 600/600. I was also told that they had scheduled my IQ test for tomorrow morning.

I’m so proud of all my sisters, but especially so of Chinatsu! I’ve always said that she could do better if she simply tried, and this proves it. You should already know this, but the passing score for each test is a 65 with a minimum total score of 390. Chinatsu would normally get around a 450 or so, so her getting a 548 is a huge jump.

Grinning, I decide to give her a reward for doing so well. I grab her hand, drag her up to our room and undress the both of us. I brought her to orgasm repeatedly until she was utterly exhausted. Curling up against her, we take a nap until Sofi knocks on the door and tells us, “Dinner will be ready soon.”

After dinner, Ryu comes to pick the two of us up. I hate to say this, but their house is a lot quieter and less tense since Ryo moved out. We stay until 10:30 and then he walks us home.

[July 26, Friday]

I wake up with Chinatsu sprawled across me and I glance at the clock to see that it’s only 5:20. I roll over until Chinatsu is under me and carefully climb out of bed. Picking up my panties and nightgown off the desk, I slip them on, open the door and quietly close it behind me as I make my way down to the bathroom. I’m headed back upstairs after I peed and washed my hands when I run into Mama.

“Morning, Mama.”

She smiles at me and says, “Good morning, sweetheart. What are you doing up?”

“I had to use the bathroom. I’m guessing that since you’re up that Dad’s going in early?”

I follow her into the kitchen as she says, “That he is. He has a new case to get up to speed on.”

“Oh? What’s it about?”

I start some mocha coffee as she replies, “It’s a breach of contract suit. Nippon Holdings Group terminated the CTO and didn’t pay out the balance of his contract as specified. They claim that he embezzled from them and he says he didn’t.”

“Sounds like a mess. What were you planning to cook?”

“Your father wanted some grilled fish for breakfast.”

“Okay, why don’t you sit down and I’ll make his breakfast.”

She chuckles. “Sweetheart, I’m pregnant, not an invalid.”

I look at her, stretch out my hand and gently rub her abdomen. “I know you’re not, but your pregnancy is the first of its kind. I seriously doubt the nanites would allow something to happen to my little sisters, but I still worry.”

She smiles affectionately at me. “Okay, okay. You’re being overly cautious in my opinion, but I understand.”

While making a cup of coffee for each of us, I reply, “I’d much rather be overly cautious than take a chance that something bad will happen.” I set her cup in front of her, kiss her cheek and continue, “I’m really looking forward to meeting my little sisters.”

She caresses my cheek and says, “You’re going to be an amazing big sister.”

I stick my tongue out at her, grin and say, “I already am.”

She laughs and shakes her head. Then she looks at me with a serious expression. “Sora, you’ve come a long way from the frightened little girl we adopted.”

I turn around and go into the kitchen to start breakfast as I shrug and reply, “I’ve had a lot of help and support to get me here.”

I take the miso out of the refrigerator and set it on the stove to heat up. I look back at Mama to ask, “Are you going to eat breakfast with Dad, or us? I plan to make waffles and link sausages this morning.”

“I’ll eat with you girls. Waffles sound great and grilled fish doesn’t exactly sit well for me right now.”

As I’m pulling out a couple of filets of brown river trout and the leftover white rice, Dad comes in, sits down at the table and says, “Good morning, Sora.”

I smile at him cheerfully. “Good morning, Daddy. I’ll have your breakfast ready soon.”

I make him a cup of coffee and set it down in front of him. I give him a hug and head back into the kitchen. Opening some pickled vegetables, I dish out a serving in a bowl, start the fish grilling and warm the rice. Once everything is ready, I set it down in front of him, grab my coffee and sit down between him and Mama.

“Thank you, sweetheart.”

“You’re welcome.”

After he takes a few bites, he looks at me and says, “Sora this is great. You’re going to be a wonderful wife.”

When I giggle, he looks at me with a confused expression. I tell him, “Sorry, I find it funny since Maki told me the same thing the other day.”

When he finishes, I start to stand up to clear away his dishes but he touches my arm to stop me. I sit back down and wait for him to tell me whatever he has to say.

He clears his throat and says, “Alright, here’s the deal. Your mother and I won’t be going with you girls to Okinawa.”

“Why?”

“I have a new case to deal with, so I can’t leave for a couple of weeks of vacation right now and your mother is staying to take care of me.”

Honestly, him saying that makes me very unhappy. I was looking forward to all of us having fun at the beach. I ask, “Can’t someone else take over the case? I wanted us all to go together.”

He shakes his head and tells me, “I’m sorry, but no.” When he sees my expression, he says, “Sweetheart, we wanted to go, but this is how life is at times.”

Reluctantly, I say, “Okay, I understand.” Just because I understand doesn’t make me any less disappointed. Suddenly, it occurs to me that him going into work today might also means something else. “What about the party today?”

He shakes his head. “I can’t go, but your mother is still going with you.”

I know it’s not fair to guilt trip him, but I can’t seem to help myself as I petulantly state, “Daddy, you promised me that you’d come. You told me that I was more important than your work,” as tears begin trickling down my cheeks.

“Sweetheart, you’re far more important than my work, but this can’t be helped.”

He reaches out to me and I say, “I can’t believe that you’d lie to me.” I don’t let him touch me as I get up, climb into Mama’s lap, wrap my arms around her and bury my face against her neck.

Mama gruffly tells him, “I told you this would happen.”

He sighs. “I know, but I didn’t think she’d take it this hard.”

Mama’s tone hardens as she replies, “You know that she’s a Daddy’s girl, so what did you expect?”

“Okay, okay. I know when I’ve lost.” I hear him rustle around. A few moments later, he says, “Kimiko, I won’t be in today, I have something important to take care of. You and Chisato should organize the case files and highlight anything that’s important. I’ll come in tomorrow morning… Alright, thank you.” I raise my head to look at him as he ends the call. He looks at me and says, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have tried to go to work after I promised that we’d go with you.”

I nod and turn around to sit down in Mama’s lap. She slips her arms around me and kisses me on the crown of my head.

While I feel bad for what I did to get my way, I'm much happier and I tell him, “Thank you, Daddy.”

“Alright, now that that’s cleared up, I have some other things to tell you. I cancelled your flight reservations and hired a private jet to take you to Okinawa. It costs a little more, but I’ll feel better with you girls not taking a commercial flight. Your security teams will be flying there with you and I added a couple more women to each team. Your backup security teams and the heavy weapons teams will fly out ahead of you to set up before you arrive.”

I nod and say, “Makes sense to me.”

“Next item: I also hired two housekeepers and a cook. One housekeeper will be there year round to keep the place in order. The other housekeeper and cook are only going to be there while you’re in Okinawa. I did that because I want you girls to concentrate on having fun instead of cleaning and cooking. They are already at the house, getting it into shape.”

“We could have done that, but thank you.”

“I bought several armored SUVs for you and your security teams. l also hired drivers, they’ll meet you at the airport when you arrive.”

“Okay, but I still wish you could go with us.”

Mama says, “We wish we could too. Especially since I’m not really comfortable with letting you girls go by yourselves.”

I look over my shoulder at her. “Mama, you should know by now that it won’t matter who’s around if someone wants to try something. That’s why Daddy is sending so much security with us; it’ll be much more likely that they’d fail with them there.”

“I know all that, sweetheart. It doesn’t stop me from worrying about all of you.”

“I’m sure we’ll be fine… Alright, I need to go wake my sisters up, bathe and make us some breakfast. I have my IQ test at school this morning.”

Mama gives a squeeze and lets me go. I head upstairs, wake everyone up and we head down to bathe. While we’re soaking, Chinatsu asks, “What time do we have to be there?”

I look over my shoulder at her. “There’s no need for you to go with me. You’d just be sitting around for several hours with nothing to do. Why don’t you pick me out a cute dress for the party instead?”

“I’d rather go with you, but I know you’re right. Okay, I’ll do that for you. Do you have a color preference?”

“Lavender always looks good on me, but nothing too sexy. This is work related, alright?”

“Okay.”

A little while later, we get out and dry off. Chinatsu blow dries and brushes out my hair. She styles my hair in a waterfall braid and secures it with a white, bow-adorned hair clip. Upstairs, I don my uniform. No makeup today, since it’s not allowed under school rules, although I will put on some lip balm to protect them before I leave. I grab my purse and drop my lip balm and phone inside along with my wallet.

We head downstairs, Sofi and I make breakfast and we eat. Sofi and Chinatsu tell me that they’ll clean up, so I walk over to the counter and take my phone out of my purse. I text Ryu, ‘We’re ready, so come on over.’

Once we arrive at school, he takes my hand and leads me inside with us closely followed by Honoka. We change into our indoor slippers and he takes my hand to lead me into the packed main hallway where we can see his test scores.

We look for his name and find it a few minutes later. They list the scores in order of: Japanese, English, History, Math, General Science, Social Studies and then the total score. Respectively he scored 89, 81, 85, 96, 92, 83 and a total score of 526/600.

After I read it, I squeal excitedly, pull him down to me for a short kiss and tell him, “Congratulations, Honey! I’m so proud of you!”

Needless to say, we have a lot of people staring at us. I hear a girl say, “So, she’s the one that gave him those kiss marks,” and a guy say, “That’s his girlfriend? I’m so jealous!” There are a lot of other comments that I ignore, but truthfully, I could care less what they say or think. I’m so proud of him and happy, since this means that Ryu can go to Okinawa with us.

He walks me to the office and before he leaves, I tell him, “Please, don’t forget that you have to meet me at the entrance at 11:00.”

He smiles. “Don’t worry, I’ll be there. See you later.”

I announce myself to the secretary. A minute later, Mr. Fujita comes out and tells me, “Come on in.”

As we enter his office I see a man sitting there, looking at us as we come in.

Once he takes his seat behind the desk, “Mr. Sato, this is Sora Kobayashi and her older sister Honoka.” He nods at us. “Sora, Mr. Sato is from the Ministry of Education and will be supervising your test today.”

I say, “Pleased to meet you. I’m sorry, I hate to rush this, but I have to leave by 11:00.”

Mr. Sato looks at me and says, “Ms. Kobayashi, this test normally takes 6 hours.”

I nod. “I know, I’ve taken one before. I finished it in three and a half hours. Though, I doubt it’ll take me more than two and a half today.”

He looks at Mr. Fujita. “Arrogant little girl, isn’t she?”

He smiles at him and say, “I would say something more along the lines of confident rather than arrogant. She’s an extremely smart little girl.”

“Umm… Can you stop saying that I’m a little girl? It makes it sound like I’m 5.”

Mr. Fujita chuckles. “Alright, young lady then.”

“Much better, thank you.”

Mr. Sato looks at me. “If you’ll follow me, we’ll get your testing started, but I doubt you’ll finish before 11:00,” he says in a snide tone.

Okay, I don’t much care for this twit. Why do some adults think that just because I’m a teen that it automatically means I can’t be extremely smart? Whatever! He’ll see soon enough. Sighing, I shrug and follow him out the door and down the hall to a small room. I sit at the far end of the table and Honoka sits at the other end by the door.

He says, “There are four parts to the test: Perceptual reasoning, verbal comprehension, working memory and processing speed. You’re allowed an hour and a half for each part. I suggest that you use the whole time allotted.”

He hands me the verbal comprehension test along with three pens, looks at his watch and says, “You may begin.”

Opening the test, I begin. Thirty-five minutes later, I lay down my pen and tell him, “I’m done.”

He quirks an eyebrow at me and asks, “Are you sure that you don’t want to go back through it?”

“I’m sure. I answered every question correctly, so there’s no need.”

He shrugs and takes the test. He then hands me the working memory test, glances at his watch and says, “You may begin.”

Opening the test, I begin. Twenty minutes later, I lay down my pen and tell him, “Okay, done.”

He looks at his watch again, jerks his head up and says, “Impossible! There were 250 questions! That would mean that you answered each in only five seconds!”

I shrug. “Impossible or not, I answered every question.”

He has an indignant expression as he says, “I hope you aren’t wasting my time by playing around.”

“Mr. Sato, I don’t know if you were told or not, but last time they tested me I was rated at 231. I most definitely am not playing around. I’m taking this seriously.”

He sighs, shakes his head and takes the test. He then hands me the perceptual reasoning test.

This one is fairly thick since each question is on a page of its own. The reason being that it tests your ability to mentally manipulate three dimensional objects and solve spatial problems. It is more about your abstract thinking ability, your ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.

A moment later, he looks at his watch and tells me, “You may begin.”

This one is a little harder, as you can imagine, so it takes me 50 minutes to complete it. After I tell him, “I’m done,” I glance at my watch to see that it’s 10:10.

Wordlessly, he takes the test and hands me the last one: processing speed. For me, this test is simple, even if it does have a lot of questions, and I manage to complete it in just 40 minutes. Setting down my pen, I tell him, “Alright. All done. Thank you for doing this today.”

“You’re quite welcome, but I truly hope you didn’t waste my time.”

“As I said, I took this seriously. Well, I suppose you’ll see for yourself soon enough.”

“Alright. Once we’ve evaluated your responses, you’ll receive a letter telling you how you did in each section and your score.”

I nod. “I know. Thank you again. We need to go or we’ll be late.”

As we walk out, we hear him mutter, “There’s no way she did very well on this. What a waste of time.”

I look at Honoka, who’s shaking her head and grinning. What he said doesn’t really bother me since I’m used to people underestimating me. Pulling out my phone, I text Mr. Okami to meet us at the main gate.

At the main entrance, we find Ryu waiting on us, we change back into our street shoes and we walk out to the SUV. I snuggle up to Ryu and rest my head on his shoulder for the ride home. After we arrive, he gives me a kiss and heads back to his house. Honoka and I head inside our house to get ready for the party.

Upstairs, I undress and hang up my uniform. I change my bra to a strapless one when I see what Chinatsu picked out for me. Sitting down, I put on my makeup: mascara, eyeliner, blush, eye shadow, lipstick and gloss.

Opening my drawer, I remove some sheer, nude stockings with a rose pattern. Chinatsu chose a lavender halter top, skater mini dress for me, and the same type, only in black, for herself along with her green slingbacks. After dressing, I hear the door intercom chime. I pick up my purse and white ankle strap heels, and we collect everyone as we make our way to the living room. There, we find Ryu, Mama and Dad waiting on us.

Ryu tells us, “You girls look fabulous.”

Since we’re wearing lipstick we can’t kiss him so we simply tell him, “Thank you.”

He takes our hands and all of us walk out to load up in the SUV, settling in for the long ride to TGR. We arrive 30 minutes late and see our security teams and Hiro waiting for us.

Once we get out, I say, “Hi everyone, sorry we’re late, we were unavoidably detained.”

Hiro says, “It’s no big deal. You’re the boss after all, so you’re allowed to be late.”

I chuckle and tell him, “There is that.”

He takes us on a side path around the building to the area behind TGR where everything is set up. We follow him to a few tables set up under an awning.

Mirai takes over from there, leading me, Honoka and my security team to the stage. My security team stops at the stairs while Mirai, Honoka and I walk up the stairs. As Mirai makes her way onstage, the band stops.

Taking a microphone, she says, “Welcome, everyone! I hope everyone is having a great time today.” People start gathering in front of the stage as she continues. “It took a lot of planning to put together today's event, so we really hope you and your families will enjoy yourselves. Now, Ms. Kobayashi would like to say a few words before we get back to having fun.”

I paste a smile on my face as I walk on stage and take the microphone. “Thanks, Mirai. Hello and welcome everyone to what I hope will be the first of many such events. I realize most of you have never seen or met me before, so let me introduce myself. I’m your CEO, Sora Kobayashi. I know several of you must be wondering how old I am, so let’s get that out of the way, I’m 13.” I grin when I see the expressions of several people in the front. “I know, right? I seem far too young to run a corporation like this.” A lot of people chuckle. “If you talk with your department heads, they’ll tell you that I’m far from a typical 13 year old. I’m quite knowledgeable in both nanotechnology and genetics.”

I pause and take a breath while looking around. “That aside, we’ve come back from the brink of bankruptcy since I took over. I’m not saying that it’s all because of me. It’s due to all of the hard working people that make up TGR.”

I pause again as I change the subject. “I realize a lot of people were unhappy under Akiyama’s leadership and I can’t say that I blame you. Frozen wages, no cost of living increases, random changes of personnel or positions and shutting down the nanotechnology division. Who could keep their minds focused on work in a chaotic environment like that? As you know, I’ve restarted the nanotechnology division and we’re in the process of rebuilding it. I’ve also increased everyone’s pay and back dated the cost of living increase. I watched for a while before I did it, and trust me, you folks deserve every last yen of it.”

The applause is thunderous, so I smile and wait for it to die down before I continue. “If things keep going as they have been you’ll get another pay increase at the end of the year, along with a bonus based on your wages.” They clap, whistle and cheer at the announcement.

“Unlike some people, who shall remain nameless,” they seem to know who I’m referring to since they chuckle again, “I don’t believe that making money is an end unto itself. Money is a means to an end, nothing more, nothing less. ‘You have to spend money to make money’ as the saying goes.”

I take a breath and continue, “I have a lot of plans for us at TGR, and everyone here, from cleaning personnel to senior researchers, is an integral part of that. I plan to massively expand our nanotech and genetic therapy divisions. To a slightly lesser extent, I’ll do the same for the cybernetic and genetic engineering divisions. There are so many ideas that have been submitted for research and we don’t have the people to follow up on them. That will be changing.”

I look around at everyone. “We’re a leader in each of these fields and I plan to make sure we continue to lead the way into the future. Although, plans are just that: plans. Without all of you to bring them to fruition they are worthless. You are the ones that make or break TGR, all I do is choose the direction we take. Thanks to all of you, I see a bright future for TGR. This event is my thanks for all of your hard work. Thank you, and I hope that everyone has a great time today!”

I wave at everyone as I make my way off the stage, the applause and cheers are deafening. Mirai and Honoka almost have to yell for me to hear them when they tell me that I did a great job. We head back to our table to sit down, but before I can, Mama waves me over.

“Sweetheart, that was a great speech. I don’t even remember you writing one.”

“That’s because I didn’t. I had no idea what I was going to say until I got up there and started talking.”

Dad shakes his head and chuckles. “Sora, you continually amaze your mother and me.”

I head back to my table, and it isn’t very long before most of the department heads come over. We spend a couple of hours talking and getting to know one another better.

At this point, I tell them, “I’m sorry, but it’s been a busy day and I missed lunch, so I’m starving and need to eat something.”

Ryu, Honoka, Sofi, Chinatsu and I get up and meander over to the area with the food stalls while surrounded loosely by our security. As we walk along, I exchange greetings with my employees, stopping many times to have a short conversation with some of them.

Once we make our selections, we head back to the table. I got some karaage, grilled corn, jaga bata and a coke to drink. Everything was simply delicious. While we’re relaxing, several employees come over and talk to me for a little while.

When Hiro reappears, he introduces me to his daughter, Miyuki.

When she sees Ryu, her eyes widen and she says, “What are you doing here?”

“My girlfriends invited me.”

“Who are they?”

He gestures at both Chinatsu and I with a smile. “Sora and Chinatsu.”

“Oh, okay… Ryu, I never got a chance to thank you for stopping the people who were bullying me at school. Thank you.”

“I was happy to help, but you should really thank Sora. She’s the one who asked me to put a stop to it.”

She looks at me and asks, “Why would you do that for me?”

I shrug and tell her, “A couple of reasons. One of them being that your dad works for me and he was worried about you. The other is because I hate bullies and bullying… Miyuki, why don’t you join us so we can get to know one another?”

She looks at her dad, who nods, and then she says, “Sure.”

Honoka gets up and scoots over a seat to allow Miyuki to sit beside me. She comes around the table and sits down. It takes a while to get her to open up, but when she finally does, she becomes rather talkative and boisterous. I find that I like her. If we can get her past her insecurities from being bullied, she’ll be a lot of fun to be around.

I tell her, “Excuse me for a second.” I get up and walk over to Hiro, who’s talking to my dad.

“Hiro?”

He turns to look at me. “Yes?”

“Would you mind if I invite Miyuki to go to Okinawa with us? I think she’d have a lot of fun.”

“Who’s going?”

“Me, my sisters, our boyfriends, my friend Mayumi and her boyfriend, plus a lot of security.”

He looks at Mama and Dad. “You’re letting them go alone with just security?”

Dad nods. “They are very mature for their age, as if you don’t already know. We trust them and their security teams.”

He turns back to me. “You’ll take good care of her?”

I smile as I tell him, “Of course. We’d never let anything happen to her.”

“Alright, you can ask her. How much is this going to cost?”

I chuckle. “Not a single yen. It’s on me. One more person isn’t going to cost that much more.”

“Okay, thank you for inviting her.”

I nod and walk back over to our table to sit down. “Miyuki, how would you like to come to Okinawa with us? I think you’d have a lot of fun.”

She smiles. “I’d like to, but I’d have to ask my dad.”

“He already said that it was fine for you to go.”

“You really want me to come?”

“Of course! Otherwise I wouldn’t have asked.”

“Thank you.”

I suppose I should describe her to you. She’s 13 and slightly shorter than I am, as well as a bit skinnier. I can’t say she’s pretty, but she’s not ugly either. I’d say that she’s more like the average girl next door. She has waist-length, black hair and large, black eyes. She’s rather petite breast-wise with slender arms and long, lean legs. Quiet and shy until you get her open up, then she has a bright, bubbly personality.

I believe that with just a bit of work, and some gentle reassurance from all of us, we can probably break her out of her shell.

After 6:00, those with children go home, and the event for the adults kicks off. After talking to Ryu and Chinatsu, they get up to go dance while I drag Miyuki out of her chair to dance with me. After that, Chinatsu and I alternate between dancing with her, and now and again Ryu dances with her as well. Suffice it to say that by the time the party closes down at midnight she’s all smiles. Oh yes, I was also asked to dance by several employees as well, which I had to turn down.

I kept an eye on the party throughout the night, and everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves.

 

21