Chapter 5. Heart to Heart
37.5k 13 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author: Qing Deng

 

Xu Wei felt very uncomfortable with the attention given to her, she’s accustomed to being ignored especially when it comes to Wan Li Jue. She’s very much pampered when her parents were still alive, now almost forgetting how much she liked it.

Yu Shizhou stared at her, immersed, as if she’s the only existence in his eyes, making her squirm a little bit. Her body feels really uncomfortable, down-under has a slightly burning sensation, her legs feel sore and her back is  somewhat aching. Avoiding his gaze she pursed her lips and said, “I want to take a bath, you step out first.”

 

The quilt covering her slid and she was suddenly lifted up, taken aback by his actions she grabbed his bathrobe’s lapels, “What are you doing?” He embraced her firmly, with a smile on his delicate face, “I’ll take you to the bathroom.”

He put her down on the toilet seat, then leaned on the bathtub’s edge busying himself in preparing her a warm bath and adjusting the water temperature, he turned to look at her, “Wash up, I’ll be out.” He opened the door, his tall figure then disappeared no longer in her sight. Xu Wei was a little dazed, this is the first time they’ve been so intimate. She knows they both have no intentions in sharing a bed thus they slept separately.

They’ve had a late breakfast. Today, Yu Shizhou had no class while she had plans, either to hang out together with her friends or go see the author she’s handling to remind him of his works but her schedule today is in shambles. 

Right now, she doesn't feel good and just wants to remain static. She was suddenly reminded that he stayed in her body all night and they didn’t use contraception. She panicked for a moment then straightened her thoughts.

 

He is lounging beside her, wearing a maroon sweater paired with grey slacks. He's dressed very well even at home, sporting a neat and elegant face looking youthful as a teen. And today he seems very elated, usually he’s cooped up in the study doing research and some reading but now he’s accompanying her watching idol dramas.

 

Although Xu Wei is tired and uncomfortable, she’s not outspoken enough to demand anything from Yu Shizhou to do something. This man is also very cheeky and spirited today, anything she might want or need is all offered immediately. When she was watching TV, he prepared and handed her water and snacks, even running down to buy a small cake for her.

When she mentioned the morning-after pill, he was still and silent, an air of awkwardness lingered in the atmosphere. Xu Wei couldn’t figure out what he’s thinking. His eyes were just blankly staring at the TV, as if not reacting to her words. There was this palpable beating of the  drum in her heart, she urged, “You’re going to buy it, right?”

 

[morning-after pill- contraceptive after unprotected sex]

Putting down his glasses, he turned to look at her, his eyes dark and vivid like a bottomless lake. He stood up, saying nothing as if she had never spoken to him. Hearing the sound of the front door closing, Xu Wei was relieved and presumed that Yu Shizhou's students had it really hard. This man’s eyes were too oppressive especially when he’s staring straight at you, as if accusing you for digging out his ancestors grave.

When he’s back with the medicine she felt that his eyes were sullen and antagonistic when she swallowed the pill. He cleaned up the table then sat next to her. Xu Wei felt tired, she felt that Yu Shizhou is really weird today as if there’s an impostor playing a bad job posing as him. She stood up heading straight for the bedroom door and suggested,”You’re busy, I’ll be done with this drama.”

Slender fingers turned up to pause her actions, his neck and throat turned slightly towards her direction, every movement of his looks good. HIs baritone voice sounded, “I’ll accompany you, I’m done preparing for next week’s class.”

Xu Wei had no strength and could only push him softly. “You are here, how can I concentrate on the drama.” He held her hand, Xu Wei wanted to free the caught hand twisting her way out, she felt really soft in his touch. Seeing her movements, he’s reminded of last night, an extremely soft and moist place, and an enchanting waist swinging along his movements. At this moment, her weak and as-if boneless hands were now held by him, he really liked holding and being close to her. 

“I’m accompanying you.”

 

“I don’t need your company, and you won’t understand the show.”

 

“The idol drama should be more interesting than the relationship between an average translational kinetic energy of ideal gas molecules compared to temperature.”

[Professor Yu of General Physics]

Xu Wei was dumbfounded, openly glaring at him. Her face was bare from makeup but her skin is smooth and clear like a peeled egg, her facial features were delicate. Yu Shizhou who’s feeling content pinched her cheek and said warmly,”Go change clothes, let’s go out to eat.”

She didn't want to move but felt defeated knowing she can’t escape his eyes at home thus decided for the shop she particularly likes, while obediently changing her clothes and putting on a light makeup. 

It was getting late outside, red and marmalade hues painted the sky, weaves of people passed by the busy streets. Plenty of students lingered around, looking out from the car she saw a group of three consisting of two boys and a petite girl walking side by side. The boys were tall and handsome and the girl was looking up at them.

She remembered her high school days with Wan Lijue. At that time, Wan Lijue was very unapproachable, disdained girls and only had basketball and games in his eyes. His mouth is also very poisonous, she didn’t know why and when she fell in love with him.

 

I thought someone like him would rather be left alone, I wonder why he fell for Su Jing?

 

She just couldn’t see Su Jing’s good points, Wan Lijue’s university is prestigious, there are so many pretty flowers in the department that’s pining for him that choosing one at random would be someone good.

She’s content that Su Jing is inferior to her in every way. But was greatly dumbfounded when he had chosen Su Jing as his girlfriend. Xu Wei likes Wan Lijue but her modest and prudent temperament can’t let her pursue him shamelessly, she can’t let go of her self-esteem and reservedness. She not outspoken about her feelings for him but how could he not feel it, was really just regarded as a friend for more than ten years?

The last time they’ve met his harsh words brewed a bitter taste in her heart for a long time. She unconsciously shook her head, sighing inwardly how difficult it was, then heard a faint voice beside her,”What’s difficult?”

 

Looking back at his calm face, she thought fellow guys must naturally know what a guy thinks. Tilting her head with great interest she inquired,”Why would a guy like some other girl when there’s someone obviously better near him?

Yu Shizhou focused himself in driving,”Who defines who is better depends on every person, perhaps in the eyes of that guy, the girl he likes is better.”

Xu Wei  thoughtfully nodded. In a way, she considers herself narcissistic. She thought she is better than Su Jing but for others she is just so-so. But why? Wondering what Wan Lujie saw in Su Jing, she remains unconvinced,”Tell me, who is better between me and Su Jing?”

 

Yu Shizhou glanced at her sideways, his eyes were clear, his nose bridge just perfect and delicate. In a serious tone,”You graduated at a young age from a prestigious school and now have a successful career. You are beautiful, influential and well-respected by your peers, competent and knowledgeable, you are rare and outstanding.”

 

Although she felt like she was hearing from a fortune teller, Xu Wei still felt a little bit smug in her heart from his praises, and said with a smile,”So you think I’m better than Su Jing?”

 

However, he replied, ”Su Jing merely graduated from a second-rate university, clueless and disordered, has a weak temper and is not so smart. Despite her shortcomings, she is kind and gentle, strong and self-motivated, and  has a persistent attitude, maybe that’s what’s likeable about her.”

Xu Wei was ablaze, ”In front of your wife’s face you praise other women to high heavens, I’ve had enough!”

 

Yu Shizhou tried to appease and said lightly,”Didn’t I help you analyze the difference between the two of you? You want to know why Wan Lijue likes Su Jing to the point of almost cutting ties with his family for her.”

“His mind was merely muddled. It would've been easier for him to marry me from the start, at least both families are on par with each other and his parents adore me.” She said angrily.

The car was quiet for a while, Yu Shizhou continued, “Then why did you secretly lend him money after he was having a tough time? Aunt Wan mistook Su Jing for your efforts, you should’ve used that opportunity to be closer to him. You know you would have succeeded.”

As a matter of fact, even she didn’t know why, she despises getting the love she wants in that way. She is a noble person and disdains underhanded tricks like taking advantage of someone. Yu Shizhou was relieved and fortunate with Xu Wei’s  attitude of being fair and upright. She wants a clean and honest love, one that lasts a lifetime, but she bet her all in the wrong treasure.”

 

Xu Wei was shocked, “How did you know?” Wan Lijue was unaware of all her efforts, Yu Shizhou felt sour in his heart, the woman he loved devoted a lot for some other man. Yet that man was ignorant but he knew clearly.”

Even Su Jing hid the fact and concealed some of Xu Wei’s efforts for Wan Lijue to love her even more. Only Xu Wei was ignorant, thinking that when loving someone loving them silently is enough. Fortunately he saw it all and fortunately he was the only one who witnessed it.

He dodged her question and asked back,”Why do you like Wan Lijue so much? I don’t see anything good about him.There should be a better man worthy for you.”

Xu Wei was naive about him,”He is handsome. I met him when I was a young girl and fell for him. I have been entranced by him since then.”

Yu Shizhou rolled down the car window and exhaled, he felt a great turbulence in his heart. Xu Wei’s words really affect him. She continued in a more serious tone,”When I was thirteen, my parents had a car accident leaving me behind. So many people sent condolences and attended the funeral, it was a blurry memory for me. Only he cried and comforted me,”Weiwei, you must be really sad and scared. Don’t worry, in the future I will protect you in place of uncle and aunt.” Those warm words comforted her during the most helpless time.

With just those words, it made her so desperate for him for so many years, giving her heart out to him without being returned. Yu Shizhou was disgruntled and frustrated. 

 

Why didn’t I meet her earlier? She must’ve been so depressed and alone during that time.

 

If he met her at that time, he would definitely take her home and raise her up in brocade garments and jade meals. His distress was terrible, jealousy and frustrations lingered in his heart, sour and bitter, never sweet.

[life of luxury and extravagance]

 

 

 

[T/N: poor Yu Shizhou, his mood just keeps on plummeting.

I'm so sorry for the late upload, I've been busy with school and I've recently got accepted in my job so I busier now, also I have lots of commissions coming so I have less free time. I'll try my best to upload once a week, I think that's what I can handle huhu THANK YOU, please have mercy and understand.

 

  • phantom]
12