Chapter 15: Hard Work
406 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The only time a commentary was provided in the very final matches of the Necrosis. Raymond was in the arena staring his opponent down with his fists in a tight guard. A woman in green walked towards the middle of the arena and began to talk.

"Hey hey hey! I am Vana your commentator!" She introduced "On the left we have the strong man who has destroyed all of his opponents in the name of Justice Raymond!" she continued whilst pointing dramatically at Raymond, she then turned to face the next side "And on the right we have the member of Dix that many have tried to topple and take his membership in Dix and all failed the man, the legend Dino!

Dino made eye contact with Raymond and grinned and began taunting him with his hands.

"Both combatants are you ready, because I hope you are as I have just started the match!" she uttered as she legged it towards the spectators.

Raymond lowered his guard and tested if his coin told the truth(the coin from last chapter that predicted what Dino would do)

"And it seems we have Raymond's signature stalling from the very start of the match" Vana exclaimed with glee

"None can stand befo-" was all Raymond managed to get out before noticing Dino was already in front of him.

"Oh so you really won't let me stop and speak" Raymond uttered whilst dodging Dino's aura filled fist.

"It seems Dino has seen through Raymond and gave him no time to stall!" Vana again shouted. "Though he was caught off guard Raymond dodged wonderfully"

Vana was a well known 2nd year who knew enough about aura to commentate. This was important as she was meant to give hints to the 1st years about when to pull out of the match. She knew all the special moves that Dix have and how deadly some are. Her commentary wasn't just to commentate, it was to save lives.

Raymond matched Dino whilst Vana continued to give solid commentary. Dino overpowered Raymond when it came to Aura skill and amount, he was just getting warmed up.

"And here it comes!" Vana began "Dino is now using more aura, maybe even double before"

Thanks to the warning from Vana, Raymond put all of his aura into his forearms. The fruits of his training were already being shown although this was the extent, Raymond could get a thicker aura if he pushed it to his fists but for him that was hard, his forearm was where he was comfortable, anymore than this and his aura would drain quickly.

Raymond stepped back a lot so he could speak.

"Your strength is nothing before mine. Justice will prevail!" he denounced

Dino found this interesting and decided to amuse him.

"If justice will prevail then what happens when you lose, can you call yourself true justice?" he laughed.

Unintentionally he got in Raymond's head. He began to wonder what happens if he DOES lose. Dino noticing Raymond was distracted by his thoughts charged forwards and began to attack him.

Raymond just managed to deflect each fist but as they made contact Dino changed his aura to oppose his. Raymond began to weaken. Dino quickly swiped Raymonds unguarded legs with his own coated in aura and the effect of the earth aura began.

Raymond felt weak as his legs began to shrivel in size as they lost oxygen. He was on the floor but he was unsure of whether he would be able to stand later.

"Raymond had all his aura in his hands and was getting continuous punches from Dino, he thought Dino would continue to only punch but he was clearly mistaken" Vana began "Raymond had no aura in his leg and took the full force of the aura, his leg may even be broken!"

"Don't worry, I made sure my kick was soft but I am bad at controlling my power. If you get hit again your leg will break though" Dino said as he bended over Raymond and put all his aura into his fist.

This time it was all fire aura.

"Here it is, the very dangerous attack of Dino, the one that sets the very ground alight the leve-" Vana was interrupted before she could finish warning the crowd an more importantly Raymond.

"Level 1 Ground burner!" Dino shouted as he forced his fist to the ground where Raymond was.

The ground cracked 4 times and immediately all the ground turned to real Lava. The ground was melted and turned molten.

[Quick lesson, magma is molten rock before it reaches the surface. Lava is magma that has reached the surface. Earth, wind and fire make the Lava aura whilst Earth and Fire make the magma aura. The difference in the novel between the two is how fast the reaction is Lava reacts faster to the opponents than Magma. Not that it makes a huge difference, still getting burnt the same]

Raymond moved his head whilst the fist came down and pulled himself from where Dino was with his arms.

"Oh, you survived that did you?" Dino said looking intrigued

Raymond tried to get up but his legs wouldn't move. Dino began to walk towards Raymond. He was running out of options.

He then changed his aura to wind and had some of it coat his legs. He then stood up.

"What is this, it seems Raymond managed to stand up even though his legs were deoxygenated by Dino's earth aura attack" Vana noticed. She then began to think and spoke again. "It seems Raymond forced his aura back into his body but only to the inner layers of his legs, he forced his aura to oxygenate his legs!"

The crowd was shocked. Even Dino was shocked. Hell even Raymond was shocked. He thought that since the wind aura over oxygenates cells in the body making it so they couldn't move and carry any oxygen anymore, he thought about doing this in minimal quantities with his aura.

This was fairly easy to pull off but no one had actually thought about using it in battle. Raymond's aura was in between the aura reserve and the outer skin, it could give its effects if it is continued to be used. Your own aura can't hurt you, it can only help you so this was fairly smart. What got everyone so shocked was that it was Raymond that came up with this.

Dino wasted no time in continuing his attack. His aura was all still in his fist. Raymond was aware that even if he did try and block Dino's attack it would be hard to bring out aura whilst keeping aura in his legs. On top of that his aura was in his legs so he couldn't use it all. And if that wasn't enough wind was weak against fire and if he changed auras to water his legs would give in. He was out of options.

Dino focused all his aura into his knuckles.

"Dino is about to do it!" screamed Vana "One of his most dangerous techniques"

"Level 2" Dino began he started to shout "Ground Burner!!"

Dino aimed for Raymond's chest. He instinctively put all his aura into his hand and moved his fist upwards. His body flopped to the ground. This was possible as only Dino's knuckles were covered in aura, everywhere else was fine to touch.

"I surrender" Raymond mouthed with his pride shattered. "It seems my justice wasn't strong enough"

"You were strong, but not enough to beat me. If you train well you will become just as strong. Take my techniques" Dino insisted

"No even though your justice is stronger than mine, I must find my own like you yourself have done" Raymond responded as he laid on the ground unable to move.

Vana headed over to the lava covered ground.

"And the winner is Dino!" she said raising his arm.

Raymond was carried off the field thinking about how inadequate his training was. Dino struggled to hold back and ended up going all out. He didn't even need to show him his special moves he could've beat him without it. He believed he didn't even hold a candle to Dino. As he was carried away he vowed to get stronger to overpower Dino's justice.

"Now that the first match has concluded, the next is already under way" Vana said whilst dramatically pointing to the combatants walking towards opposite sides of the arena. "On my left we have a woman who knows her way around her aura Lilith! And on my right #9 Dix member even stronger than the last Kirgo!"

They both stared at the other whilst preparing to fight.

"And a 3, a 2 and a 1.... Start!" Vana shouted whilst she silently moved away from the centre. The way she starts each match is unique and catches the combatants off guard every time.

Liliana moved quickly and prepared to see how her opponent fights.

Kirgo sprinted towards her and aimed a punch for a stomach. Lilith put all of her aura into where the hit was gonna happen. Kirgo smiled and changed the angle of his punch last second.

His aura made her cells explode from too much water.

"I watched most of the 1st year fights" he began. "Out of all of them the way you used aura interested me the most but it can still be easily countered"

"Lilith seems to have taken heavy damage from Kirgo's first attack!" Vana pointed out.

"I could've ended the match if i put all my aura into my fist or the majority of it. But the teachers want us to show you the difference in skill and use us to learn and better yourselves" Kirgo began then smiled "After all, if you don't surrender or get better you may die"

Lilith could move her aura very fast, but if she doesn't have time to react she can't. Kirgo noticed this in one of her matches and used it against her.

Lilith listened as she staggered back. She knew they were strong but she wasn't expecting a gap in difference this large. She needed to show the fruits of her training. She focused her aura into her fists.

"Ready to fight now?" Kirgo questioned.

She charged forwards and attacked his shoulder. He side stepped and prepared a punch for her back. The punch came down and her aura was already in a square for where the punch was. Kirgo moved his punch last second again and so did Lilith with her aura. She felt her cells explode again on contact with his water aura.

"I see what your trying, you tried to predict where I was going to punch when I moved my punch. It is unfortunate but you guess wrong" Kirgo summarised

"Kirgo is a special type of fighter. He uses his opponents moves against him. He gathers information on his opponents and learns their weaknesses and habits. Sometimes he even learns during a fight. He has no specific fighting style!" Vana explains

"I can learn and adapt quickly, there isn't a way for you to beat me. I am aware you have very low amounts of aura" Kirgo voiced

"Do I?" Lilith responded confidently

Lilith spread her weak aura around her body and increased the quality making it as thick as it previously was when she was trying to block attacks.

"What's this? It seems Lilith is releasing more aura. From what I know she is a skilled aura user but has low amounts. Seems her training payed off!" Vana deduced

"So you made me think you were the same as before with that weak aura. This won't make a difference" Kirgo yawns.

Lilith moves towards Kirgo and begins her attack.

"Punches, Kicks and take downs have all been dodged by Kirgo. Not a single attack from Lilith has landed!" Vana shouts.

Lilith puts all her aura into her heel. She jumps up and prepares a kick for her opponents head. He dodges and she smiles. Her aura turns to fire. Kirgo notices the smile but it is too late. Lilith readjusts her aura to the very tip of her heel and hits the ground. As it does she moves back quickly.

As she does the ground cracks twice and a huge fire comes out surrounding Kirgo. His feet begin to boil under the intense heat. He covers his face and runs out.

He faces Lilith with soot all over his body and his clothes slightly burnt.

"So that wasn't enough" she sighs.

"Interesting, that was a ground burner. You couldn't of caused that much damage with your hands so you used your feet. It is fairly weak though. Comparing you to Dino that would be half of his Level 1" Kirgo acknowledges whilst Vana explains what she did simultaneously.

"I saw his match and thought that it was an interesting move, it fits my fighting style" she responds.

"I am stronger than Dino for a reason. His punches don't work against me so neither will your kicks"

"Kicks?"

Lilith charges towards Kirgo and attempts the attack again. Kirgo does the same thing again naturally and tries to jump back. He hasn't got enough time. He realises that there was barely any aura on her heel this time. Lilith moves the aura on her heel to her elbow and strikes him hard with it. But the aura is earth this time.

He wasn't expecting her kick to be a feint and his aura gets weakened and completely penetrated by her aura. His face began to wither as the attack hit his cheek.

"And she lands a blow on him!" Vana exclaims.

"Who said I was only using kicks?" Lilith voices smugly.

"Your tricky to deal with, very slippery" Kirgo acknowledges as he grabs his face and staggers away whilst his blood drools out of his mouth.

He spits and looks at Lilith with his shrunken face. He prepares lightning aura in his fist with a very high quality neglecting aura everywhere else.

"The next attack will be my last. Surrender. Now" Kirgo says in a monotone voice that held slight anger "This is basically all my aura, you may die"

Lilith puts all her wind aura into her fist and prepares for the attack. They both move forwards and try to punch the other. Kirgo attacks Lilith and she tries to equalise with a punch but he moves around her fist to her head. She uses her other arm and pushes down on the joint of her arm sending it downwards. Lilith then manages to block the punch. Their aura clashes.

Lilith loses all her wind aura even though it was opposing the lightning aura. She feels a sharp electric shock spread through her body from her hand. Then another and another. She blacks out and falls to the ground.

Kirgo then motions to punch her again but controls himself last second.

"That was close. If you got another one you would've went into cardiac arrest" Kirgo says as he watches her body lightly spasm on the floor.

Lilith's body is quickly sent out of the arena to address her. Vana is already standing in front of Kirgo.

"And the winner is Kirgo!" she shouts.

The crowd responds quickly.

"Damn that took a lot out of me" Kirgo murmurs as he walks out of the arena.

Lilith trained hard and increased her aura but like Raymond it wasn't enough to win. Their hard work didn't pay off even though they worked at it. The once weak cannot become the strong. This was the message everyone was receiving from the combatants to the spectators. And it crushed them. The school only wanted to humble the 1st years and show them there was more stronger people out there, but all it did was show them that they were weak.

"If Dix were losing like that, then imagine one of us" someone murmured in the crowd. That one sentence resonated with everyone all at once.

12