Chapter 20: A Demon Scuffle
321 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Satan, Lucifer and Belphegor were already on their way to Azazel. The only problem was where he was.

After arriving in Ochea Belphegor used his powers to find Azazel. After a few attempts at making people too lazy to not tell him information the group had located Azazel.

They ended up outside the country that wasn't participating in the wars on Ochea. It was known to most as the capital country of Ochea; Ntral.

They were immediately stopped outside the country but the people who were guarding the country checkpoint were weak minded and fell asleep before Belphegor.

"Satan. If you ignore what I am about to say I will kill you" Belphegor started "The only time you can rampage is when I tell you. Understood? Even if I'm being serious I only plan to fight Azazel, everyone else is yours"

"If everyone else is mine doesn't that mean I can just kill everyone anyway?" Satan smiled

"No, if we draw too much attention to ourselves we will be dealing with the CAG and then the 'Top Bandit Guild' would get involved and we might even have to deal with Asmodeus on the way out, that is a messy exit"

"The TBG(Top Bandit Guild) wouldn't interfere with us, they would help us in fact, they love chaos" Lucifer pointed out.

But Satan understood what Belphegor was saying.

"Lucifer that is true but if I do or we do anymore than we really should we will be here for a while and might get stoned by a legendary weapon. Even if we can't kill each other they can seal us. And if we are unlucky we die from a god weapon" Belphegor sighed

"Fine, I will be good" Satan pouted.

There were 4 large cities in Ntral but they avoided them only staying on the outskirts bar one city Jasha. This was their destination.

"Stop. You guys, I feel like you shouldn't be going any further than this" a man commanded with his arms out.

"Satan" Belphegor commanded

"Okay" he responded. He grabbed a black metal baseball bat and faced the man.

The other sins walked straight past the man.

"Hey I was talking to you" he said as they walked past him.

"Hmm really" Lucifer said as he walked on with Belphegor "If you can beat him you can fight me next"

"What's your name human. I'm in a pretty good mood because I get to fight so I will let you say it" Satan voices.

However the man has little interest in Satan at all. He pulls a gold bladed longsword from behind him and attacks Lucifer and Belphegor. Satan covers the two who don't even flinch with his metal bat as they continue on.

"Hey don't ignore me" Satan says with visible anger "Name"

"I am James" he responds

"James, you cannot find or fight them until you beat me" Satan informs him

"Satan don't destroy the surroundings too much. Try to tone it down" Lucifer commands.

"Yeah yeah. Your weapon most be special. Mine is legendary yet yours is still in one piece and you haven't done anything spiritual" Satan says

"It is legendary also" James responds "It is rare to find someone who can fight me"

"Likewise"

The two release the black mustard energy known as Fuwa throughout their bodies. The Fuwa vulcanised around them and they prepared to fight. However Satan's vulcanisation was different to James'. The black and yellow split. The black covered the majority of his body leaving the yellow only with his forearms. The black burned on his body like a fire whilst the yellow vulcanised properly.

James' longsword absorbed his Fuwa turning it black and yellow whilst Satan's bat turned gold with black fire surrounding it.

"You guys are special. That Fuwa proves it" James says gripping his weapon tighter.

"Yeah, my sin makes it so my body basically rejects aether, not that it has ever made a difference" Satan starts "But because of my sin I'm stronger"

Their weapons clash. The ground behind James cracks and disintegrates whilst the ground behind Satan withers away crumbling everything. Each clash between their weapons destroyed the ground by a bigger vicinity each time. What was behind Satan was caught alight by a huge black fire and burned relentlessly whilst the ground behind James exploded with each clash.

Satan bludgeoned the sword with no remorse spreading his fire onto it. James went back with each strike. His sword was set alight by Satan but the fire calmed. James dodged and tried to strike Satan but it was blocked each time. Satan slightly overpowered James by a bit which led to his demise. Satan blocked one of James' strikes with his left arm sending it flying into the never ending fire behind him. James dropped his guard after he landed a strike but Satan remained monotone as he twisted his body and clobbered James with his bat from behind with a fast 360.

The strike burned James and he fell.

The floor was no more by the time was done. He walked over to his burning arm and put it back onto his left shoulder and held it for a second until he let go and moved it. It had regenerated.

He walked over to James' weapon and picked it up.

"Ooh, if you were stronger you could'v sealed me. This works strongly with the aether attribute, since I am a demon I'm weak against this" Satan noted as his arm began to burn by the longsword he held.

"Demon?" James coughed

"I am Satan one of 7 deadly sins. The sin of wrath. I'm sure I am somewhere in your folktale human. That was fun, Belphegor will probably get mad if I leave you alive so don't follow me, I will leave you alive so we can fight again. Get stronger and get a larger soul" Satan smiled

"This isn't over" James stated "2 more stand in your way. Once we deal with you we were told to deal with the rest"

Satan laughed as he plunged the sword into the charred ground and walked in the direction the other sins were.

The fight between the two wiped out the countries they were bordering leaving one engulfed in fire and another withered. Only 2 cities remained Ntral including the capital.

Lucifer and Belphegor were staring at a fair lady wielding a very long katana and a man with a long hand blade.

"Now now. I may not get along well with James but the way you guys ignored him was rather mean" the man said

"I don't care. Let's destroy these two. We are meant to seal them right?" the woman laughed.

"Move. Or you will regret it" Belphegor sighed.

"Azazel told us to get rid of you for a bit. We can hold you for about 3 years with these" the woman said shaking her long katana.

"Pocrea we weren't meant to say his name" the man shouted

"Well I'm sorry Lukas. Slip of the tongue" Pocrea said sarcastically.

"Azazel? So was that man doing it because of him as well?" Lucifer asked

"No. He happened to be nearby and could tell you guys were bad so he fought. Though I doubt he will leave you alone now" Pocrea laughed.

"Belphegor put his hand on them both.

"Sleep. I don't have time for this. Be too lazy to stay awake" Belphegor commanded.

"So that's your sin. Azazel told me about it, sloth right? If I was weaker it could've worked" Pocrea snickered

Belphegor kissed his teeth as he drew his sword. Lucifer pulls out a rapier from his waist.

"The woman is mine" Belphegor states

"You shouldn't claim a lady like that" Lukas responds as he points with his hand blade.

Belphegor's and Lucifer's weapons were completely black. Everyone released their Fuwa and vulcanised it. The demon's vulcanisation mimicked Satan's and their weapons blades turned gold coated in black fire.

Another man walked towards them.

"Azazel! I wasted 50,000 souls on you die and come back" Belphegor screamed.

The man behind Pocrea and Lukas smiled.

"I may not be a sin so you can kill me and send me back but I am just as strong as you. That won't be an easy feat" Azazel responds.

Belphegor launches himself at Azazel but is repelled by Pocrea.

"No Belphegor. I am only here to make sure nothing behind me gets destroyed like the other 2 cities by Satan and James. I would've interfered then but Satan and James probably would've attacked and killed me" Azazel states.

Belphegor is aware he must beat Pocrea before he can get to Azazel. Azazel pulls out his sword covered in vulcanised fuwa and prepares. However even though he is a demon his fuwa remains together as a black mustard even when vulcanised.

The four fighters clash. Azazel makes slashes in the air repeatedly pushing back the disintegrating of the ground nowhere past him. Black fire lines itself behind Lucifer and Belphegor burning the ground. This caused Satan to get held up making him miss the fight.

Belphegor overpowered Pocrea. She was strong but Belphegor just pulled out ahead whilst Lukas was dealing with Lucifer with as much trouble as a normal person would have punching through a thin wall.

Belphegor pushed Pocrea into Azazel and pounded her deep into the ground.

Lukas repelled Lucifer's rapier and sinked his hand blade into his heart. Lucifer began to solidify until he turned to stone. Lukas pulled out his weapon and supported Pocrea.

Pocrea knew she wasn't enough but that wasn't the end of her. Belphegor saw his teammates defeat and knew in a 2 against 1 with people of this calibre, he was going to lose.

"This is why I stay lazy" Belphegor sighed.

The fight ended with Belphegor having Pocrea's katana in his chest.

Lucifer and Belphegor were both staring in the direction of Pocrea and Lukas with anger in their stone faces.

"Don't stop yet. Satan is coming" Azazel commanded.

After a few minutes Satan arrived.

"Oh no" Satan sighed "Azazel, look what you did. I'm not a fool so just end this already"

Lukas walked towards Satan and pushed his blade into Satan's chest and thus the demon's were stopped.

"Get stronger you two. When they break out they will be beyond angry and the other demon's are just as bad. Asmodeus is even worse" Azazel began "We will only attack when they step on Ochean ground"

The two agreed and headed back with Azazel into the capital city of Ntral Jasha.

By now James had got up and began pulling his sword out of the lifeless dirt. He was dissatisfied. He thought himself strong but he wasn't. The battle didn't last long and Satan didn't even employ any tactics against him. He went off to train and get stronger.

After a few days Azazel spread what had happened to the empires surrounding Ochea.

"Beelzebub, it we would've been sealed if we interfered directly with Ochea. I'm glad we did the war thing" Mammon smiled

"Yes, this way he can't get in trouble. The souls on Ochea if I remember correctly were specifically... potent" Beelzebub responded licking his lips "The Northern empire is now under Leviathans sole control. It seems he picked his cards right staying behind"

"Yes but now the world knows about us taking over every empire. We are bound to run into some special adventurers"

"I'm grateful for Azazel spreading that. By the time Satan, Belphegor and Lucifer are back there will be a high strength gap. These strong souls make it even easier"

"Though I bet Asmodeus will get all the souls. Since he took on the Spajainians single handedly he will get more. Leviathan will probably get a few more since the Northern empire is very important too"

Beelzebub sighed and began thinking.

"Why don't we just eat some souls here. If people think we want to take out the Oskeans won't we be more dangerous anyway and we get to eat souls" Beelzebub predicted.

Mammon easily agreed. The greedy and hungry duo were unstoppable.

"Wow. See I could feel something was up, why did't I want to go. Because I didn't want to get sealed" Leviathan laughed as he played with his dagger "I didn't even foresee this but I knew... something was up"

"That clown" Asmodeus sighed "I told them to leave Ochea alone and Belphegor still managed to bring Satan and Lucifer down with him. Azazel is one tricky guy yet they still went after him. He bares all our sins even if he can't use it"

Asmodeus stood tall in his throne room as he thought. He couldn't go after Kami any sooner than the trio were unsealed and by then they would be weak links. Asmodeus knew how to unseal them but he wasn't sure if Azazel would act or if they would still try to defeat Azazel.

Asmodeus ended up spending a few days deciding what to do. There were too many unknowns and he wasn't sure if freeing them was enough to risk getting sealed himself.

In the end he decided to get strong enough to take all 3 of them on and afterwards he would release them. As long as he had a lot of souls and got stronger sooner than later their sealers wouldn't be able to defeat him even with Azazel.

Asmodeus decided on this. If Azazel interfered he would kill him but if anyone else came he would beat them and with that Asmodeus ordered the once king to gather as many of the strongest knights Spajainia had and make them stronger. Asmodeus wanted to consume souls that almost rivalled a continent. When the souls were procured he used his sin to make them all his servants and had them all train.

In Asmodeus' eyes they were all meat he was flavouring and he enjoyed the thought.

8