Chapter 23: Lost Kami
273 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Noooo!" James and Liliana screamed as they watched Kami vanish by the beast.

After Kami's disappearance the monster teleported away. Lynx began to laugh.

"These dungeons are interesting. I should've come here sooner" Lynx stated.

"Do you know what just happened fool. We don't know how deep this goes and one less person means one less bit of help" James claimed as he stared at the aftermath

"Kami could be the difference between us clearing this or us become dead corpses in a dungeon trapped under a cemetery" Liliana explained

The smile on Lynx's face swiftly went away with this reminder. If he didn't know how deep the dungeon was he could never be fully prepared. He only came for training so this mattered little to him regardless but now he was in it for the long game and he couldn't leave no matter what.

The group were shaken up from Kami's disappearance. They decided to rest on that floor and continue their journey the next day. However they weren't alone. The red beast appeared before their sleeping bodies silently. He placed his hand on Lynx and let out a laugh as he too disappeared.

The laugh woke James and Liliana up. The monster kissed his teeth as he teleported away and hid in the darkness of the room. Had he not laughed he could've claimed them all.

"James where's Lynx?!" Liliana shouted as she moved things around looking for him.

"That monster is back. He must be somewhere here we can't sleep" James noted "Let's clear the other room and wait there for it to return"

James and Liliana swiftly took out a pair of golems and leaned against the wall staring at the only place the monster could show up. They waited and waited until their eyelids felt heavy and they fell asleep.

The next morning the 2 continued their journey. James and Liliana had a fierce team up taking on multiple dragons, resistant golems and the like.

They did 50 floors in a day and at around floor 520 they were facing 4 elemental dragons.

They had come this far and know holding back was no longer possible. James released his fuwa. With the support from her James went into combat with two at a time. Liliana rushed in and lured two of the dragons away from James specifically the earth and wind.

Liliana saw this as a learning opportunity. She clad herself in water aura and prepared for the fight. Water is weak against earth as well as wind but not as much. If Liliana managed to beat the weaknesses to her aura twice and simultaneously she could see she was stronger.

The green and grey worked in perfect unison. Their scales felt as if they were made up of a certain amount of the aura of their element. Liliana dodged their attacks and punched the scales of the green dragon. She felt her aura wane but not too much that she couldn't win.

The dragons released their breaths creating a whirlwind of earth and wind on Liliana. Her aura levels dropped drastically. If she didn't have high amounts she would've taken damage and lost all her aura. She realised that she could win with one but two was basically suicide.

She resolved herself to win and not change to a different aura. The battle for James went different however.

The fire and water dragons were the perfect duo. Two opposites working in unison to take down an opponent. It would've worked as well but. James knew fuwa.

They released their breaths on James. James shot nether at the mixture of water and fire and they pushed against each other. The fuwa started to push against the fire and water harder until it was at the mouths of the dragons.

James released 2 balls of fuwa next which both landed inside the dragons bodies. They burned and were consumed by the darkness that is nether.

Midway through Liliana's fight the dragons fell instantaneously. Behind them was something red with claws. A monster that haunted the entirety of the dungeon from top to bottom. The red beast.

"You" Liliana snarled

The beast moved towards James and engaged in battle. James was forced to fill his blade with fuwa but even then he couldn't equal the beast. Each attack was repelled as the ground disintegrated around the two. Liliana did her best to support but her arrows weren't even piercing the monster anymore. They bounced off like pebbles.

James was continuously spinning as the beast teleported into his blind spot. Liliana switched her aura to aether and shot it straight as the beast. He caught the arrow and threw it back at her before it disappeared landing in her hand knocking her backwards.

James put everything he had out and attacked the monster.

"You are strong. But not enough to win" the beast snarled.

"You can talk!?" James responded as he was caught off guard.

The beast used his opportunity and made James swiftly disappear. He quickly moved towards the injured Liliana and did the same. Then he teleported away.

"Leviathan we are back" Satan shouted

Satan, Belphegor and Lucifer had returned from their journey on Ochea and were now on northern soil. They journeyed to Mammon and Beelzebub to talk about what happened.

"What" Leviathan responded

They explained how they were unsealed and the power of Asmodeus from the inside of the northern empires throne room.

"Ah, lucky. I wish I was that strong. Must be nice" Leviathan said with clear envy in his voice

"Then let's get that strong. Mammon told me CAG might end up coming here. Have any come yet?" Satan asked

"If they have we could take turns absorbing their souls couldn't we" Lucifer realised

"Regardless, even when we are as strong as Asmodeus it would be wise not to do what we want or he will just come for us stronger. The strength we saw from him has probably gone up since then" Belphegor noted

The others agreed to relax until Asmodeus would finally let them do as they pleased. This was smart. Out of everyone he has been out the longest, absorbed more souls and of better quality. Leviathan had just been doing nothing in the northern empire anyway and if he attempted to absorb too many souls the CAG would've attacked him altogether. Bad move.

From the door of the throne room a long slice was seen cutting the door.

"Leviathan it is time to be sealed and removed by me. I will keep my weapon in your chest for all eternity!" the man across the other side of the door roared

"Yes that would certainly keep me sealed permanently and my sins wouldn't be able to pull out my sword but..." Leviathan laughed

"I call dibs" Satan screamed as the door fell.

The man looked into the throne room to see Leviathan and the other sins with Satan rushing towards him.

"Aren't you guys sealed?!" the man screamed as he began parrying Satan's attacks.

"CAG huh. I can tell, you either belong to them or you are just that strong. I'm going to take your soul human" Satan laughed.

The man felt despair as the rest of the sins began to walk towards him. He could feel he just might beat Satan. But that was alone. He pushed Satan away and ran away.

"I must tell HQ they're alive" he whispered as he dashed away in fear.

The sins continued their chase.

"Everyone should know we are free now. Did you come too soon" Lucifer chuckled

He punched the mans back sending him flying through a few buildings. The man carefully landed and jumped off his back losing no momentum and continuing on with the speed Lucifer had given him. The sins began to struggle to keep up.

"Thanks Lucifer. My meal is getting away now" Satan sighed sarcastically.

They gave up the chase and headed back.

"Hopefully next time 4-8 of them come. We can dine on their souls. That seems much better" Leviathan summarises

"Yeah, lost the battle but we will win the war. And this way we don't need to go out and look for them. The more we kill, the more that will come knocking on our door. And that way I don't need to do this again" Belphegor understood

Kami opened his eyes to see he was trapped in a large black room with a white chair where the beast that teleported him away sat.

"Hello. I have been instructed by my dead master to train whoever gets here first" the beast explained on his chair

"Gets here first? You brought me here!" Kami exclaimed bewildered

"To a specific level. Once you got to a specific level I was ordered to do this"

"What about my friends?"

"They are safe. They are undergoing a slightly easier version with my brothers. You lucked out fighting me when you did"

Kami stared at the man. He pulled out Asura but she wasn't there.

"Ah, your god killer? I have it, I can tell this is special. It belongs only to you. Regardless I have it because I want you to listen t-" the beast attempted before being cut off.

"Easier version of what? Why did you bring me here" Kami said sitting down

"To train you. My master knows that the sins will be released due to his future sight. I am not aware if they have been since I cannot leave this dungeon but" the monster responded

"But what. Why do I have to be trained by you?" Kami asked

"My master is dead. His power was separated from him and he died after naturally becoming unsealed"

"Unsealed?"

The beast stood up and threw Kami his weapon

"You can ask anymore questions after you defeat me" the monster said standing up "I am known along with my brothers as the crimson beasts. My name is Huso the red yeti. To learn more as well as not end up dead you must defeat me"

Liliana, Lynx and James had the same conversation but the names were different.

Liliana faced Hikos, Lynx faced Ullak and James faced Djuk.

"Human. You were the strongest of them all but you was not chosen for the power. It was the man who left first with my brother" Djuk explained "You will fight me with aether only boy"

James released his fuwa and vulcanised it.

Djuk teleported towards James and pushed a black metal ring onto James finger. James fuwa turned pure gold.

"My fuwa. What did you do!" James shouted

"I removed it boy. You must be familiar with these contraptions that negate nether" Djuk snarled "You must beat me how you are or die. Only I can remove that ring"

Djuk released dark fire throughout his body.

"When you fought me previously as equals though you did not vulcanise your fuwa then all I used was vulcanised nether. It must of been hard to see in that dark room. You must beat me as if for your freedom." Djuk explained

Lynx lit his fists before the red yeti Ullak

"Me and my brother Hikos are the weakest out of our brothers but you will be stronger if you beat us. That aura of fire won't be enough to defeat us" Ullak laughed

"Why are you doing this?" Lynx asked

"Because as I have told you before the 7 deadly sins must be stopped. Our master told us they will end the world if left alone. So we take anyone who gets as far as you and your friends did to train them. Everyone died"

"I thought this was a normal dungeon but if you're going to train me I am all for it"

"I you seem to be misunderstanding something. If you fail the training you will die"

Lynx covered his body in nether as Ullak said these words.

"Then I just won't die" Lynx smiled.

The group of four prepared for their fight against the red yeti's that were challenging their lives.

7