Chapter 25: Teacher’s Lesson
211 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pocrea pointed her hand at Marcus. A black ball of nether shot out from them and landed on Theo's aether covered blade.

"We may be weaker than you but that won't be enough to beat us" Theo states.

"Fine. Just a little test, let's see if you guys can take this!" Pocrea declares licking her lips.

She moves towards them four of them faster than they can react and moved her fuwa covered nodachi against their swords that blocked it. She realised they rival her with four. She needed to separate them.

Pocrea slashed down against Marcus who blocked with his sword. He failed but took no damage. He got pushed backwards a few metres but he was fine. From that attack she twisted around and used to rotational movement to attack Leland who parried her blade to the side setting Dino up for a few hard punches against Pocrea. She felt the attacks but she was fine, minimal damage.

She tried to back away but Leland grabbed her wrist that was holding her nodachi and pushed the blade into the ground. His aura began to weaken but it was worth it. Dino aimed another one of his punches whilst Marcus and Theo both sliced her back in the same spot simultaneously. She screamed and got more angry. The amount of fuwa she was releasing went up and Leland was pushed away.

The ground cracked around her feet and she pushed off the floor towards Leland. He was expecting this and prepared to parry her sword but she threw black fire at him. He sliced it in half and saw behind it was Pocrea with her hand outstretched. She placed one hand on his chest and black fire sent him flying away.

Leland had a few burns but that was minor compared to taking down Pocrea, he needed to return to the fight as soon as possible. From there she made a slice towards Dino who dodged the attack and rolled around forwards from the dodge using the rotational energy to deal a backhand punch onto her face.

From there he repeatedly punched her face until she swung her nodachi in his direction. After the swing Theo and Marcus aimed an attack on her right wrist which was the hand she was holding the blade in. She noticed last second and rotated her wrist around with the blows hitting the handle of her sword. She pushed the hilt backwards into Theo's stomach and swung the sword at him but Marcus jumped in front and blocked with his sword.

Her attack sent them both away from her. After the swing again Dino began to make his moves. Dino monopolised on the fact that right after an attack an opponent lets their guard down as well as has to set up for the next attack. Even though she was stronger than them all individually they were too synchronised.

She tried the same thing on Dino but he pushed the hilt away with his fist. From behind her Leland jumped and aimed an attack on her head. She moved to the side resulting in Leland landing on Dino. Leland saw her nodachi cutting through the air by the time he looked up. His weapon wasn't strong enough to block a legendary weapon but if he parried he would still face repercussions from the aftermath of the swing.

Leland decided to parry the sword around into the air. He jumped off Dino and kicked her legs. She wobbled and he did it again. She began to fall. She slightly lost grip of her nodachi but that was all Leland needed. He kicked her wrist sending her sword flying away. Pocrea threw multiple balls of nether at Leland burning him. She stood up and jumped for her sword that was falling and in mid air was kicked away by Theo and Marcus.

The kick by the two sent her down into the ground and destroyed the earth rapidly.

"Tch- you lot are very annoying when put together" Pocrea acknowledged "It is hard to believe only four of you are giving me this much trouble"

The reason behind this was because two of them balanced out half of her power making the battle come down to skill alone. Even though she was a better fighter than them, having to fight 4 people at once that move in twos and were as slippery as they were was difficult for her.

"Thanks. We are really trying our best here" Marcus responded "It's a shame we can't equal you how you are individually though"

All four circled the woman quickly whilst she raised her nodachi. Her swing came crashing down with more force than before. They all escaped into the air. She didn't hit anyone but that wasn't her goal. The ground cracked and meshed together. Shockwaves flew away from her. Each shockwaves shook the ground interfering with the battle heavily. Had the four been on the floor or not moved away they would've fallen over unable to stand.

As they dropped the shockwaves had finished but Pocrea wasn't. She had been holding back but she knew victory would not be awarded for holding back. She moved quickly towards Marcus as he landed on the floor and slashed him. He just managed to block but he was no longer able to fight.

The attack was blocked by the blade but he knew that wasn't enough. As the blade cracked and was destroyed he raised the handle upwards hitting the blade of Pocrea's nodachi destroying it. The attack sent him flying away breaking all the bones in his arms. He was out of the fight. The distance was too far for him to contribute by the time he even got there. His broken arms meant he would only get in the way and when he fell he was knocked unconscious.

Pocrea narrowed it down to three and got rid of the person ordering the three around.

"You can tell can't you?" Pocrea laughed "Just one man less means the chances of victory have lowered significantly"

Pocrea wasn't lying either. The chances of either side winning were 50:50 but now that Marcus was incapacitated it was 37:63 and since he was issuing order that became 25:75. Theo knew that this was his fault. Marcus told them to work in pairs and Theo was the closest to Marcus, had he been closer they both could have blocked her blade and continued the fight.

"Dammit. This is bad" he mumbled

Though Pocrea had been ordered to bring Kami to Azazel, Lukas went as well.

"I knew she would get sidetracked" he sighed

Lukas wasn't on high alert like Pocrea was. Since she came everyone was ready to defend the city so everyone was focused on her. Lukas was a calm person so he could do what he liked and go unnoticed. Pocrea's entrance helped this even more. Since everyone was hiding from Pocrea there was no one on the streets and since there was no one on the streets he could do her job faster and without anyone noticing.

"He goes to Helix if I remember right" he mumbled

He felt heavy shockwaves from Pocrea every now and then and heard the civilians scream and laughed. He arrived at Helix. Normally he would have to bust his way in since he isn't a student nor is he planning on being one but the wall that Kami cut when he was fighting Colt hadn't been fixed so he just walked straight in.

Students looked at him funny as he wasn't a student. His face was well covered, he didn't want anyone recognising him. He walked around the dormitories until he found the #1 Dix accommodation. The door was locked but he picked it open and saw no one inside.

"Hey. Where is Kami, I need to give him something" he said to a random student

"He graduated early. I even heard rumours of him taking on a super dungeon with James the calamity" the student replied

Lukas had heard all sorts of rumours about Kami before and the majority of them turned out to be true. He deduced this to be true as well.

"Thanks" he sighed. He was annoyed but now he knew he wasn't here. He promptly walked away heading for the broken wall.

"James huh. Always interfering. Guess I'll tell Pocrea and go back" he mumbled

"Please take that off you are violating the school rules" a woman behind Lukas commanded

He turned around to see Lynsiria the now principal of the school staring down at his masked up face.

"You must remove that mask immediately" she commanded

Though Lukas had no intentions to become a student he was one. Specifically of Helix and he was staring at his teacher almost laughing.

"Lynsiria" he chuckled "How long has it been"

"That is Miss Lynsiria to you. Now take it off" she commanded

He pulled on his mask slowly as if mocking her. He produced fuwa and threw the mask in her face as he blasted straight through a wall. As he passed students they backed away and screamed his name.

"Lukas?" Lynsiria mumbled. She walked towards the broken wall released her aether and jumped down.

What she saw was Lukas staring back at her with a smile on his face.

"Maybe you should just let me go. I unlike Pocrea don't want to destroy everything in my wake and that includes my ex school" he laughed

"Very annoying. I heard the rumours of you killing a legendary dragon and using its scales to craft legendary tier hand blades I can see they are true" she responded pointing at his arms "I also heard about you using those to seal a demon with Pocrea and James. You were the best student of the three. Why turn to this?"

"This is more interesting. Pocrea does what gets her into the most fights which is why she is here. James always was a good person. He only sides with us when we match his goals" he responded "But my answer is more interesting. I'm assuming I can't go if you are stalling like this"

"Yes. You would be right" she puffed

Shortly afterwards Raymond, Lilith, Bella, Fosig all stood in a line behind him.

"Along with me you will take on my best students. Don't expect an easy escape. Bring him to the fourth training room" she instructed as he disappeared back into the building

"Understood" Alex laughed appearing out of nowhere.

He grabbed one of Lukas' hand blades and pulled them off. He chased after his teacher.

"Hey give that back!" Lukas shouted chasing after Alex.

The other four chased after Lukas leisurely from behind staying a good distance away from him. Soon he was lured easily into the specified training room where Lynsiria and Alex were already waiting.

Fosig closed the door to the room and melted the key. Now only Lynsiria knew the way out.

"Now look what you did. You are going to have to show me the way out" Lukas sighed "Why are you even doing this. I haven't endangered any lives. In fact I tried to leave!"

"You tried to take Kami. A student told me there was a shady figure roaming my halls. He may not be here but he is technically a student until the end of the year. I cannot let you run off and harm him at a later date" Lynsiria puffed

All six of the attackers released aether aura.

"It took a while but we can finally do this even if it isn't long" Lilith said "We will take you down!"

"Really?" Lukas laughed "I can feel it. Your aura is weak. Your teacher is half my strength but can the same be said about the rest of you?"

This was true. Even in a 6v1 victory was slim.

"If you give me back my hand blade I will leave. The crappy barriers around this school won't be enough to keep my back during this fight" Lukas snarled

"We already had barriers capable of withstraining fuwa in storage" Lynsiria smiled

"Well okay then" he sighed lowering his body "It seems I will have to break you all"

He moved so fast forwards the students thought he teleported. He aimed for Alex who was holding one of his hand blades but was kicked off course by Lynsiria.

"Did you see that" Lukas started "If you didn't this fight won't even be entertaining"

"Guard Alex and try and take his other hand blade off" Lynsiria started "If he gets both on the battle win be his victory instantly. Focus on his shoulders and legs, they will tell you when and where he plans on moving"

The students acknowledged this and began fighting back. Though they couldn't see him, they could predict where he was going now.

As Lukas moved around Lynsiria Raymond was already waiting with his fist up.

"For justice you must be taken down!" he screamed as he punched Lukas in the face. Lukas didn't block the attack and kept moving forwards. Raymond howled as he felt the fuwa of Lukas spread through his body trying to burn him.

Lilith and Bella were next blocking his path but they were easily swatted away but behind them was Lynsiria who pushed him back.

"Attack all at once!" she commanded

Fosig kicked Raymond into the air above Lukas as everyone aimed their fists down at him. Lukas felt the attacks. They were heavy against his body. He backed up and looked around searching for the weak link. He found none.

"I'm going to have to go through you all one by one huh?" Lukas sighed

He ran towards Lilith whilst dodging Lynsiria and grabbed her by the head. He moved backwards with her whilst she kicked against him and poured nether into her body. Unlike when Raymond caught some of the nether this time it was continuous. Her aether was weak and couldn't equalise this much nether. He kept going until she ran out of aether and there was a light fire that burned her body.

"That's one. Now your useless" Lukas said as he threw her to the ground "Sensei, protect your students better next time"

Lynsiria got angry and began releasing enough aether to cover for Lilith. Now her aura amounts were dropping faster than normal they were no longer at an amount that she could handle continuously. The other students out of anger copied.

"Okay this just got slightly more dangerous just by removing one student" Lukas sighed

Alex wore the hand blade and moved in with the other students. Lukas matched Alex with his own hand blade and attempted to pull them off Alex but he had already moved backwards. Everyone else were surrounding him now and he saw Lynsiria too late and was thrown into the wall. As he tried to pry himself out Alex stabbed him with the hand blades.

"It is over" Alex voiced with anger "Don't hurt my friends"

4