Capter 30: What a Catastrophe
145 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By now the students of Helix have one more month left at school and the Necrosis was on again. James disappeared but everyone else knew they had to attend the necrosis.

Since they graduated early they were automatically awarded the top three spots. Kami was first, then Lynx and finally Liliana. No one could argue with this either, them clearing a super dungeon had spread over all the days they were travelling around. If anyone wanted to argue they would have to fight them and that was something they didn't want to do.

There was a short reunion between the second year Dix members. Afterwards they all headed to the arena for their matches against the first years.

"Hey hey hey!" Vana shouted "I am your host Vana! Even though I have left this school all ready, I was asked to come back and commentate again! The first match is between #10 seat of Dix Raymond versus Dez!"

The two stood opposite each other. Raymond remembered a year ago when he was on the other side and what it was like to lose. He wanted justice but justice would be for the true winner to win.

"Raymond. You will taste my poleaxe in your mouth!" Dez taunted as he swung his battle axe around

"GO GO GO!" Vana exclaimed

"Due to my sense of justice. I won't hold back" Raymond declared

He pulled out his sword and took a stance as Dez rushed towards him with strong lightning aura. Dez swung down but before he realised what had happened his battleaxe blade shattered before Raymond's thick wind coated sword.

Dez twisted it around 180 degrees and tried the same with the other side but the same thing happened.

"If you cannot even coat your weapon in aura it is useless against someone who can. Surrender" Raymond demanded

Dez listened. The difference in skill was too great. He walked out of the arena with a stick where his metal battleaxe once was.

"Now onto Lilith the #9 seat of Dix versus Roberts. Just fight!" Vana shouted

Roberts charged forwards with his spear coated in fire aura. Lilith moved forwards with her water aura. She focused all of her aura into her knuckle and punched the spear. Roberts moved back and thickened the aura. Lilith was confused seeing how he got this far and didn't bother to change aura.

Roberts did multiple fast thrusts at Lilith whilst she rapidly dodged and weaved around. Lilith watched as he dropped his guard and punched his stomach hard. Roberts was sent flying into the air whilst he felt his cells explode from the concentrated attack. Lilith still had all of her aura on her knuckle.

Roberts was down and never got up.

The next match between Bella and Vanessa started immediately. Bella wanted to make the fight interesting and long so she continuously handicapped herself. Vanessa rushed in with water aura whilst Bella did the same with fire. Bella trusted her skill so much she was willing to let her aura get zapped away.

Both were fist fighters, the way Bella liked it. Bella punched and overpowered every attack Vanessa threw. Vanessa moved back after trying to hit Bella thrice. She knew she had to play it safe but Bella gave her no resting time with her already in Vanessa's personal space aiming a fist at her head. Vanessa strafed to the side and concentrated all of her aura into her fist.

Bella was still throwing the punch and had no time to dodge the attack Vanessa was about to make. She pulled back her fist and aimed for Bella's shoulder. Bella smiled and overstretched her fist. This moved her shoulder out of the way from Vanessa's attack.

"Gotta be quicker than that!" Bella laughed as she jumped in the air

Vanessa watched as Bella did a few front flips into a heavy kick. She dodged the attack which cracked the ground and sent shockwaves throughout the entire arena. It was a smart move not to block. Vanessa had already moved in for the next attack. Whilst Bella was still on the floor their was a strike being aimed for her head.

"Boo" she mumbled

Bella took the attack and grabbed Vanessa's arm. It was over. She opposed Vanessa's aura and sucked it all dry. Vanessa realised the situation she was in before she surrendered.

"Aw. I was going to burn you next" Bella sighed depressed.

She had no fun in her fight.

Next was her brother Alex but he had no fight either. His opponent pulled out out of fear. The twins both had something to talk about when the Necrosis was over.

Since Colt left the school after his failed robbery attempts on Kami as he feared for is life, there was a free spot open that could be collected during the Necrosis and Zelphar took it. Colt was the third seat but Lynx overtook him becoming the third. From their everyone up to Alex became stronger than him over the year and Zelphar took the spot in dealing with the first years.

"Heh heh heh" he began "I think you should just surrender before I 'accidentally' kill you"

A man named Athers opposed Zelphar with a smile.

"It's a shame. If I wasn't wearing this ring one strike would accidentally kill you. I don't even know why I'm here when I already know Aura" he yawned

Zelphar rushed at Athers with his thick aura. He was happy seeing an opportunity to beat down on someone. Athers raised his left arm and held his fist out. Zelphar punched Athers but the attack was caught.

"You lose" Athers smiled as he lifted Zelphar into the sky by the hand and threw him down into the ground. "Catastrophes don't. Ever"

Zelphar's pride was shattered and never planned on returning. He thought he was strong. Strong enough to beat Kami and regain what he had lost a year ago but a first year just took that from him.

The next few matches were uninteresting and Dix won up to Lynx's match.

He was going up against a fire fist just like him.

"Interesting. You're copying my old move" Lynx acknowledged

His opponent never responded. He moved in and spun around with his fists burning the air and struck Lynx. Lynx caught the fist and sent him down into the ground with his aether.

"Oh you can use aether?" the man noted

He matched Lynx and moved in.

"Vhad you're rather cool" Lynx smiled as he dodged and parried attacks

The battle continued on like this for another ten minutes until Vhad began to get annoyed.

"Time to get serious" Vhad decided "I won't hold back even when I am already holding back like Athers"

He pulled off a ring he was wearing and his aura instantly changed colours. His power began to swell and his fuwa grew.

"Damn. This again?" Lynx sighed "Weren't those yetis enough for me"

Lynx moved back and began to concentrate... nothing changed.

"But I got his powers?" Lynx said shocked

Vhad made a sword out of nether and coated it in aether. Lynx knew the predicament he was in. Vhad was equaling him with only aether meaning this situation was the same as when he first fought the yetis.

"I was using about a quarter of my full power because those rings also halved my aether because of Athers but this should take you down" Vhad stated

Lynx was taken aback. If what Vhad said was true, even with nether Lynx would be no match. Vhad swung his sword quickly at Lynx. Lynx responded by moving the fastest he had been taught to but it made no difference he was striked by the sword.

He was pushed back into the wall as he coughed huge amounts of blood from the attack. Lynx may be weaker but Vhad hadn't vulcanised his fuwa, there was still a chance.

Lynx jumped off the wall and vulcanised his fuwa as he aimed his fist out. He jumped off the wall so fast only the sonic boom he created could be heard. He landed right on Vhad's stomach sending him flying into the other side of the wall. Whilst he was vulcanised Lynx began to release small amounts of nether which circled his body continuously.

Lynx was shocked when he realised that it came out but he couldn't do it consciously. But since it was only small amounts he could control the nether as if it were simple aura.

"You shouldn't of done that" Vhad sighed as he climbed out of the wall. He did the same attack that Lynx did but faster. By pushing himself off the ground with his nether he was able to match the speed and dodge it. Whilst Vhad was moving towards the wall Lynx repeated the same attack but from the floor. It was difficult to do but this was his only chance at victory. He used is nether again to move faster.

Vhad saw the attack and vulcanised his fuwa.

"Did you think I would leave you to do as you pleased?" Vhad laughed.

He caught Lynx's fists and buried his body in the ground. Lynx was rendered unable to fight from that one attack. Vhad had won.

Liliana was facing Akira with some difficulty. She was a tough opponent for Liliana to deal with.

Akira kicked Liliana hard sending her backwards a bit but it wasn't enough to finish her. Liliana never stopped training even after the dungeon and was determined to get stronger. This wasn't enough.

"Ah. I surrender. My attack failed. Second years are so much stronger" Akira sighed as she waddled off

Liliana could tell. That wasn't even half of her power. Liliana won but felt she still lost regardless, it was a weird feeling for her to take.

Kami was finally fighting. His opponent was no different from the rest. Extremely strong.

Kami was dancing around her with his blades sheathed. He didn't want to accidentally kill her so he held back even after seeing how strong she was. Their battle was destroying the stadium even though they were at the centre. Each attack was equalised by the other. The ground shattered as they punched each other and missed and even more so when they didn't.

Kami vulcanised his aura and punched her hard sending her into a wall. She looked up and saw Kami already in the air with a punch for her face. The attack sent dust from the wall up in the air blocking the next few seconds of their brawl. Ayaka had just managed to dodge the attack with her flexible neck.

"Athers told me I didn't need to hold back against you and that I should show you the difference between you the leader of Styx and me a member of the Catastrophes" Ayaka laughed

She pulled off two different rings from her fingers. Her power swelled dangerously. Kami could feel her fuwa through his own body. Her aether alone was double what Kami had even when he was vulcanised.

"Hey that's cheating!" he moaned

She punched him sending him flying away into the opposite wall. Kami reduced the stress by flying in the opposite direction he was flung but it didn't stop his momentum.

Kami removed his own ring he was wearing and he was enveloped in thick nether.

"I can't control this well yet but now things should change" Kami said trying to convince himself

Ayaka launched Kami into the air with her fist. The attack resonated throughout his body. Still half of her strength. He knew he couldn't beat her like this. He consulted the sources of his power.

"I need strength" Kami demanded as he stared at Gora and Paimon

"Oh. Is that anyway to speak when asking for something?" Paimon laughed

"I don't know who she is but she is belittling me. I need to show her the truth" Kami commanded

"If you put your hands on the floor you will absorb more of our power" Gora informed

"Why you like this" Paimon said switching very fast from laughter to seriousness

Kami placed both hands into the two sides of his world. Kami was still getting battered by Ayaka but this would change the situation. He watched as the nether wrapped around and covered his arm and continued on to the middle of his body whilst the aether did the same. Upon meeting they mixed into the mustard black of fuwa and raised Kami's strength.

"Thanks" Kami said as he turned around and left

Ayaka went to punch Kami but Kami stopped the attack with a finger. Their roles were reversed. He wasn't sure whether he would be able to draw out this power the next time he used his fuwa but regardless this was enough for his opponent.

"You match Athers?!" Ayaka screamed shocked

Before Kami even got to test out his strength Ayaka surrendered and left.

None of them not even Kami could stick around for long. Using fuwa was forbidden. It acknowledges that you have been to the mana countries and means you could be a spy. Kami put his ring back on and quickly evacuated. He left Helix the same way the others as well as the first escapee Colt did; through the wall the school hadn't fixed that Kami broke.

He didn't get far. Before Kami managed to leave he was talked and knocked unconscious by a group of men before he left the building.

Kami had been caught.

5