Chapter 34: The end
139 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

These 200 could go back and be called the baddest soldiers in Brunay after only completing a day.

"We lost a lot of you this time but we ain't done. This will last a week and this is hard enough to make hell look roses and petals. Go and sleep. You have 5 hours before I wake you up!" James shouted

After they all woke up James assigned them a sparring partner.

Kami surprising had none.

"The person you are standing in front of is equal in strength to you spiritually. Whoever wins this moves on to the next stage. There will be no redos" James stated

Liliana matched up with Lynx. The members in Zetsubou were divided between each other and Kami noticed his predicament.

There was someone in front of Kami and it was the very person dishing out instructions. It was James.

Kami had never fought James before but was aware of how strong he was. In strength it wouldn't be stupid to say they were equal. Kami knew that to be true but this was a relatively easy win with Asura who doubled the spiritual energy that was poured into her. He didn't want to win like that, he wanted to grow so he refrained from using her. He drew the sword of time and faced James.

"I know that weapons ability to slow time. Have you mastered it? I know that Asura is way stronger. Are you underestimating me?" James laughed as he drew his greatsword.

Kami remained silent. This was the first time Kami ever pulled out a sword and instantly held it with both hands. He wasn't underestimating James at all.

James started all the fights and everyone began their clashes. Their aura was still limited to only one type and since James was fighting too he also had to limit himself.

Kami and James both clashed both weapons with all of their aura focused in their legendary swords. The shockwaves from the battle reverberated far and wide with only the battle between Liliana and Lynx able to somewhat match it.

Liliana was throwing water aura arrows at Lynx repeatedly whilst Lynx steadily dodged with all of his fire aura in his right hand. Liliana knew how dangerous that blow would be. Lynx had grown just as much as she did and fire was his specialty. That was not a blow worth taking.

The battle started of relatively normal until Lynx was in range of Liliana and they began making huge bangs as Liliana ran away at sonic speed and Lynx gave chase. The arrows looked like they teleported out of nowhere ending up in the ground suddenly and turning the dirt to mud.

Most people began to stop their match and watch as this one unfolded even though there wasn't much to see bar dirt turning to mud. As Lynx moved there was a trail of smoke following behind him making the fight easier to see even though it was actually metres behind Lynx at a time. Lynx finally managed to hit Liliana as she covered her stomach with water aura she was sent down into the ground cracking it and the surroundings on a wide scale and steam was thrown into the air by the attack.

With this single blow the high speed had stopped and the battle was moving on swiftly. They were now almost easy to see apart from their hands which again were creating sonic booms. To onlookers they were throwing blows that missed each other and teleporting every now and then to avoid these blows.

The air began to turn to smoke as Lynx's fists burnt the very air around him.

Liliana wasn't as good as Lynx when it came to hand to hand combat but she was aware he was faster than her and she couldn't get enough range to fire her bow if she tried so she switched her style. She quickly sidestepped backwards replacing her bow with a sword.

"Sword? Never knew you could fight with one of those" Lynx said surprised

"I can't" Liliana responded raising the weapon "But I will fair better with this than my bow it seems"

She let the sword hit the ground sending mud into Lynx's direction. He jumped up into the air towards Liliana with his fists raised.

Liliana had successfully baited him.

She threw the sword at him and put all of her aura into a single knuckle and hit the ground turning the ground into a pit of molten dirt and rock spewing lava. Lynx was on a coarse directly towards that and he couldn't change his direction.

Liliana ran past him in the air as he landed in the volcano and turned it into obsidian. As he climbed out Liliana amateurly hit him on the head with her sword coated in aura.

Lynx wasn't expecting this and although it was an amateur attack, she did it at sonic speed whilst he was moving like a normal person. No time to see or react. The blow sent him down into the obsidian pit as he received a massive headache as the cells in his head began to explode.

Liliana repeated her fire aura attack on the volcano turning it back into lava. Lynx was falling and having trouble gaining consciousness. There was not much he could do to get out of the situation.

Yet the volcano turned back into obsidian once again.

Lynx had put all of his aura on his back and turned it into water aura which immediately turned it back. He rested for a short while whilst Liliana tried to guess what happened.

Since he wasn't coming out Liliana repeated the blow. The volcano didn't revert back. She felt a hand around her ankle. It pulled her down into the ground and afterwards a loud bang was heard as the ground turned to lava.

Lynx forced himself out of the ground carrying Liliana on his back as he flopped her body and the ground and panted.

"Done" Lynx said

But James had no time to respond he was focused on his match. He smiled as each blow he and Kami made shook the ground and sky and almost split the skies.

Although the fight looked even it was far from it.

Kami noticed that they were matched in aura but that was all they were matched in. Kami saw that James was actually moving slower than he originally was. As the battle went on Kami noticed this even more until James wasn't moving at all. He had managed to freeze time.

When time was frozen only Kami could move. Everything was as hard as a rock and felt unbreakable. The world was dim since light couldn't move freely and was visible particles in front of Kami.

Kami forced time to speed back up and saw James start moving again. In this world none could stand before Kami. Kami was the strongest being. Everything would crack like glass.

Kami lightly tapped James on his arm and saw his face screw up like it was going to spew blood.

Kami kinda understood how the power worked and unfroze time. As he did so he watched as James was quickly flung far away from Kami leaving only his golden greatsword behind.

"This is just as bad as Asura" Kami sighed

He now owned two weapons that made him invincible. One made he able to go toe to toe with someone double his strength whilst the other allowed him to freeze time. Kami was unsure whether anyone else could move in his frozen world but as it is the sword of time would one up Asura if she didn't grant him wishes.

So far Kami and Lynx had passed. Liliana was able to see the moment James their friend and instructor was flung away at sonic speed.

Everyone gawped as they witnessed what they thought was the true strength of Kami. But that was literally but a tap. If Kami had punched James he would be dead instead of in the air flying away.

Kami quickly flew over to him and brought back James' unconscious body.

During this time Zetsubou were still fighting. None were giving in to the other. Each wanted to end up joining SAF so they could grow in strength and defeat Pocrea.

Marcus sent unrelenting sword strikes at Leland the knight with each blow having enough force to rupture something. At this point they had been using aura tactics and ran out of aura to use. Each blow was pure metal with only skill left to determine the winner.

Marcus knew he was at a huge disadvantage against the skilled swordsman Leland but refused to give in.

Marcus used Leland's sword against him. Marcus was a good friend with everyone in Zetsubou and knew everything about them. Marcus started incorporating kicks and turning sword strikes into punches. Leland started to get pushed back. He only fought with the sword. He was not prepared to tackle other attacks.

The battle from there ended swiftly with Marcus' victory. He knew his opponents weaknesses too well.

Damian and Kirgo were going at it in hand to hand combat. Neither could dodge the others blows. They stood there punching each others face hoping for the other to fall.

Kirgo stopped and allowed Damian to punch him twice as he focused a blow and aimed for Damain's chin.

Damian began to fall and in the most awkwardest position stopped his descent to the ground. His eyes indicated he was unconscious but his tenacity told Kirgo he wasn't done. It was slow but Damian got up and punched Kirgo but this was the end for Damian. He received two blows in quick succession from Kirgo and remained knocked out standing up.

Kirgo dropped to the floor as he panted hard from his well earned victory.

By now all the other matches were done. After a while James finally woke up groggy and began to remember what had happened.

He saw Kami move at insane speeds and then suddenly teleport to the side of him and was flung away losing consciousness instantly.

"Kami. You can join the SAF. If anyone tries to pick a fight do what you did to me to them. There are more stages but you don't need them and since you're that strong now I refuse to let you continue" James stated "I'm going to let them know you can start your own squad if you want. You will most likely be promoted to captain well done. Things in the SAF work slightly different but your training is complete"

Everyone again gawped at what James just said. Kami moved on at the same time half of the class left. By the end of training only 50 people actually ended up passing including half of Zetsubou and Lynx.

2