Chapter 37: Trickery
102 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now the rest of you. If she fails, one by one you will face him" Azazel adds

"Why one by one?" Pocrea starts "I want to fight him now!"

"If you guys are a challenge for him this will let him get just a bit stronger for me to have a better meal. Obey my wish you will be going out from weakest to strongest understood?" Azazel said

"Yes Azazel sama" they all responded

And like that Zael or his real identity Azazel had just began his final movements towards Kami.

"I can't let Asmodeus out do me against one of the chosen after resurrecting" Azazel puffed "Now you're all dismissed"

One by one they all left until Athers was left. When he at the door he turned around.

"Azazel. When he is dead I'm moving towards the deadly sins. Afterwards I am moving on" Athers said tapping the table.

Azazel kept a poker face on as Athers said this and left. He was just told he was losing one of his best soldiers. Not something he could just ignore but neither was it something he could fight. Athers was stronger than him.

Kami was given a mission to fight as Azazel wanted. When he arrived on the battlefield he only saw one person. Ayaka. Ayaka decided to skip the whole 'attack with an army' and decided to fight him head on.

"Hi hi! Remember me? Our fight last time was one sided at the end but I have gotten stronger, it won't end the same way" Ayaka noted

Kami laughed as he withdrew the sword of time. Ayaka saw Kami suddenly appear right in front of her and before she could release her fuwa she was sent deep into the ground by an attack she couldn't even see. Kami did all of this without even releasing any amount of spiritual energy.

What had actually happened was he froze time. Walked up to her and gave her a tapped her on the head gently. Gently. She lay on the ground unconscious. The fact that she didn't bring an army like was expecting started giving Kami doubts. He already questioned who Zael was, a man who could control a whole continent like he could move an arm.

Why was he attacked? What was the point of this? These questions ran through his head as he wandered why Ayaka was the only person who attacked him.

Azazel's plan was already falling apart.

Kami returned with Ayaka on his shoulders and dumped her body in front of Zael.

"What is this? Why did she attack me. I know you order people to clash against each other but she had no army. Why put her against me in a fight that wasn't defending any country?" Kami asked

Azazel began to think quickly and hard. Then he noticed something odd and used it to save him.

"By herself? She was meant to fight with an army. You was supposed to win but it was battle experience for Ayaka since she doesn't go out often" Zael said

[When Kami speaks to Azazel I will still call him Zael still]

"She attacked solo. She is obviously in Titan. She doesn't need battle experience. Plus I have fought her before and she was clearly not an easy opponent to beat" Kami said with a deadpan face

"Yes.. well you see..." Zael began "Ah yes. She told me you two had fought before and she wanted to fight you once so I said she could defend what you were attacking. But she decided to leave the army. She wanted to fight you by herself"

And with that Azazel was safe. Kami quickly accepted this and went away. Azazel had to change his plans slightly. He saw Kami and he looked completely fine whilst Ayaka was in a sorry state. He wasn't sure if Athers would win or not but he prefered an overwhelming victory over a tight one and as such the Kami extermination team was out on hold.

Kami went back to his room and began to think about his future after the army. There wasn't much to do. He had served half of his time in the army with only one year left.

A few months later Zael himself gave Kami a mission.

"Defend Brunay" Zael said "Every country seems to have switched sides against them and wishes for their downfall"

Kami got up instantly and left for Brunay with Lynx. Zetsubou were in the mana countries learning nether and were not aware and unable to contribute.

Azazel smiled as he watched Kami frantically leave for Brunay. Azazel planned on putting Kami in a drawn out battle and weakening him drastically. There were 5 different countries against him.

When Kami arrived he was greeted with a familiar face. Tama.

"Yo Kami. Been a while since you were given the opportunity to gaze upon me" Tama said nonchalantly

Kami ignored the remark and got straight to business.

"This is the only place I know to be honest. I am going to defend it. What's the situation?" Kami asked

"Well. As you might guess we are surrounded. They are coming from both sides and it seems Ntral has sent out basically everyone... but against us. You and Lynx was it are our only support" Tama states

Tama offered Kami a few battalions but he declined. Kami was going to fight solo with everyone else as support.

"How many people are against us?" Kami asked

"Well... we have 15,000. They have 150,000. We have you and Lynx from Ntral. They have a good 400 different people" Tama responded

Kami bit his fingers as he fought about how to deal with this. Each of the 400 from Ntral were enough to equal at least half of their army. And they most likely had Titan members as well. Kami didn't know why this was happening and why he had to defend Brunay. If Ntral wanted they could force a surrender but instead Kami has purposely been placed on the 'losing side'.

"Forget the army. Who are the best we got?" Kami asked. 

"Liliana, Lilith, Fosig, Raymond, Bella, Alex, Zelphar, Kag, Grazil and you two" Tama said pointing at Kami and Lynx.

"Okay. We will be a team of 10. Including you and excluding Kag and Grazil we are going to topple their army" Kami said

"How" Lynx asks "No matter how strong we are we will eventually get tired"

"Simple. They will most likely have their best troops in the middle. We let our army take the frontlines with Kag and Grazil leading whilst we circle around to the back and take them out. Since they aren't prepared to fight us since they are at the back it will take less effort" Kami says

"Ahh I see. And since they're pincered they will get flustered" Tama adds

"But aren't the people in the middle 400 times as strong as our army anyway?" Lynx adds

"Yes but it doesn't matter. Kag and Grazil will catch them off guard and they will think for a moment that the men in front are as strong as them and then they will see us and start struggling. The confusion won't last long but when they let their guard down they lose" Kami smiles

"Let's go then" Tama starts

"Hey Athers. Use your book to find out what is going on" Vhad whines

"I can't use it like that but I can interfere with their plans" Athers smiles

"Interfere, how?" Ayaka asks

Athers provides no response as he picks up his valued book and begins walking.

Kami and his team are rallied at the side of the battlefield now out of sight. After a few minutes pass they see Kag and Grazil leading the army forwards and what opposes them does the same. They clash in the middle and Kami's team start moving to the back. Everything is going as planned.

Once they arrive at the back, with minimal effort they take out almost half of the troops just by charging forwards with them and every now and then hitting a few. When they eventually noticed Kami, Liliana, Lynx and Tama line up and blast them all with nether completely finishing those who weren't strong enough.

Kag and Grazil are lagging behind on their side but they had reached the middle and as predicted all 400 were there slowly moving forwards. Vhad turned around and started causing a commotion once he spotted them.

"Kami. So you came around the back huh" Athers announces

Kami begins his battle with everyone. He freezes time and removes almost half of the 400. The rest of his team start fighting their way to the back where the Catastrophe's were.

"What is all this noise" Lukas yawns "Shouldn't they be in front of us"

Kami spots them. Pocrea and Lukas are standing around with Athers and his crew waiting to fight. Pocrea raises her nodachi and slices the floor making everyone dodge and taking out anyone who was on her side and wasn't strong enough to handle the attack.

Lukas decides to swiftly kill everyone who was blocking the showdown and everyone had stopped moving leaving the army behind.

In front of Kami, Lilith, Liliana, Fosig, Zelphar, Lynx, Tama, Bella, Alex and Raymond stood Pocrea, Lynx, Ayaka, Vhad, Akira and Athers. It was an uneven line up.

"Now all the pests are out of the way" Athers smiled

"Your own men" Kami sighed

"What of it. They would've just gotten in the way anyway" Lukas laughed

"That... isn't JUSTICE!!!" Raymond screamed as he pulled out his sword and launched himself at Lukas

Lilith prepared her dagger and began supporting Lukas. Lukas strafed backwards away from everyone else for his fight as he smiled.

Kami knew none of these people scaled to him so he froze time and walked towards them with his finger out. He was kicked back by Athers.

"No you don't" Athers clicks "That sword is rather convenient. Might take it from you"

Kami is taken aback. Athers. Moved. Whilst time was stopped.

"H-how?" Kami stutters moving backwards

"Time travels at the speed of light. When time is stopped, anything that can move is moving faster than the speed of light constantly. Your sword allows you to do this but I can move this fast anyway" Athers smiles

Kami immediately unfreezes time. There is no reason for him to activate it and drain himself if it's useless. But out of nowhere Kami gets kicked in the face sending him backwards. He uses his flying skills to come to a halt in the sky after travelling a kilometre.

"Just because you unfreeze time doesn't mean I'm just going to stop moving at lightspeed" Athers chuckles

Ayaka moves towards Tama and Tama blocks her plain kick. They both activate fuwa and Ayaka launches Tama over her shoulders and into the air. Lynx and Vhad slowly walk towards each other. They can both feel a weird connection between them to each other.

Fosig and Zelphar get targeted by Pocrea whilst Bella and Alex both rush Akira.

Raymond slashes Lukas who blocks with one of his hand blades and uses the other to block Lilith. Lukas launches them away with two brutal kicks and taps his hand blades together.

"I can tell this won't be an easy fight" Lukas sighs

His hand blades grow in size from about the size of a knife to a sword.

"Just increasing the length isn't enough to tip the scales" Lilith spits

Lukas remains silent and slashes the ground sending dirt into the air. Whilst the two are focused on the dirt, he moves quickly to the left and attacks Lilith with both hand blades. Lilith pulls out another dagger and blocks both as she gets sent deep into the ground. Raymond jumps into the air and tries to take of Lukas' head but Lukas blocks the attack with his foot.

Zelphar shivers as he watched Pocrea raise her nodachi. Not once in his life did he ever think he would be fighting a calamity and he doesn't expect to win. He is just serving his time in the army because he has to.

Pocrea strikes the ground releasing nether and Fosig rugby tackles Zelphar to safety.

"Focus. We can win if we try" Fosig says as he stands up and readies his fist.

It was minimal encouragement but some was better than none. Zelphar decided he had to at least try. He pulls out a sword and focuses on Pocrea.

"Warm up is done eh" Pocrea laughs "Entertain me!"

They cover themselves in aether and vulcanise it as they both block the attack from Pocrea. Fosig picks up a sword from a nearby corpse and swings at Pocrea in the air. She strafes around him and elbows his back sending him into Lukas. Fosig fixes his blade so he managed to repel the hand blade that tried to take off his head. Now for a brief moment Lukas was fighting three people as Fosig tried to backup Zelphar. 

Zelphar had to run away whilst Pocrea chased him. Lukas got cut a few times by the trio weakening him. Pocrea launching Fosig over to Lukas may have ended him. Fosig decided that as long as Zelphar kept running there was no reason to help him and he shamelessly turned a blind eye to the mad viking like woman that was chasing Zelphar.

Ayaka and Tama both vulcanis their fuwa as they move towards each other and clash. Ayaka tries to pull out her sword but Tama makes sure she doesn't have time. They punch and kick each other with enough strength to one hit a country level person. The ground cracks around them and the air warms as they both sink into the ground blow by blow whilst they remain focused on the battle.

"Well done. You managed to equal me, very hard feat I commend your skills" Tama puffs as she continues blocking and punching

"I should be saying that to you" Ayaka chuckles

Ayaka steps back and reaches for her sword and pulls it out but in that time Tama readied a kick sending the weapon flying away and spins around landing a kick on Ayaka's face causing her to choke on her blood.

Ayaka drops to the floor whilst she chokes and Tama jumps in the air and performs a double kick on her head. Ayaka drops down completely and stops moving.

"Impressive you lasted that long" Tama states

2