Chapter 40: Defeat
89 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Azazel released his fuwa immediately and punched Kami. The punch caused the entire room to collapse in on itself leaving only burnt items and rubble.

Kami stood still as the punch made to him began to burn Azazel. Kami grabbed his hand before he could move away and threw him into the ground. They were in the military base and after that attack it no longer existed.

Luckily only Azazel was there since no one else was aware he was a demon and he didn't want people finding out but now questions would be asked. Azazel pushed a wall that was on him off him and brushed himself off.

"What just happened to him. It's like he's a different person with that Paira thing" Azazel complained

Kami was in the middle of falling and landed near Azazel destroying the ground and almost the remains of the entire building.

"I have nothing against you but apparently you like Asmodeus are after my soul so you kind of have to die" Kami noted

Azazel wasn't prepared, he saw no victory and started running but Kami suddenly appeared in front of him and raised his hand slowly. Azazel moved back and tried to go around but each time he tried this Kami was in front of him again and his hand was getting lower until it landed on Azazel's head sending him deep into the ground.

Azazel saw no chance of victory and saw no reason to continue this. He backed up and pulled himself out and tried to open a portal to the underworld but the hand that tried that was instantly cut off by Kami with his bare hands.

Kami crushed the hand and burned it with his aether and listened as Azazel screamed out in pain.

"You weren't my main enemy Asmodeus is but at least I know this will be enough to topple him" Kami smiled as he grabbed Azazel's head.

"Asmodeus is stronger than this. In fact, at least ten times me. If you think this will be enough you are highly mistaken" Azazel coughed

Kami crushed his head and burned his body leaving behind no trace.

"AH. I wanted to kill him. Couldn't you have saved me some? I envy your luck" a man said from behind Kami

Kami turned around to see 6 different beings completely covered in nether.

Kami recognised a few. Mammon and Beelzebub but who were the others?

"Did you hear me boy. I envy you" said leviathan

Kami raised his guard but all the power he had that was overwhelming disappeared. He tried to release it to no avail.

"Seems you're now a normal human. Just continental class with your physical strength it seems" Beelzebub noted

"How did y-" Kami tried

"Shush. The others are here by Asmodeus' command but I'm here for revenge" Mammon shouted "HOW DARE YOU SEND ME FLYING!"

Kami grabbed Asura and time stopped. When Kami lost to Athers he asked to get the powers of the sword of time into Asura.

Time had stopped but Mammon hadn't. None of them did.

"Oh I see. You sent them flying with Paimon's sword. But that isn't his weapon" Lucifer noted

Mammon grabbed Kami by the neck and pushed him to the ground.

Satan, Lucifer, Belphegor and Leviathan quickly introduced themselves.

"Woah relax Mammon. Let's be chill you know" Belphegor snored

"I like where this is going!" Satan smiled

"Mammon. This is bad. You can kill him with Asmodeus, I'm sure he will let you end the planet with him" Beelzebub assumed

Kami felt himself suffocating and even with those words his grip didn't loosen.

"E..nd.. theh planesh" Kami sounded

"Ah yes. Azzy decided that he will just take your soul with everyone else's. And we learned that there is another special soul or maybe even a few just roaming around" Satan noted

"I want one. Let me have the one named Athers. I heard will be better than Kami's" Leviathan noted

"Not if I get it first" Beelzebub licked his lips

Mammon finally decided to loosen his grip an got off Kami.

"I think that is enough. I don't purely seek revenge like Levy and Satan do anyway" Mammon puffed

Kami rubbed his throat and looked at the demons. He had no power and they could each take him with one arm. Time was still frozen yet they were speaking and moving like it was normal. Beelzebub and Mammon previously couldn't do that so Kami was very confused as to why they could.

"Seems you are shocked that we can all move even though time is frozen" Satan realised

"Remember your fight? Well basically everyone died. That was pretty much a whole continent worth of people. We ate them" Beelzebub smiled

"We have been here pretty much the whole time. Fighting is effort so we joined the cleanup crew and took whatever died" Belphegor puffed

"All together we got about half a million souls. That was a good meal. Now Asmodeus is still stronger than us even with that so we came to warn you" Lucifer said

Satan moved forward and got right in Kami's face with a sadistic look.

"After all. Destroying the world is no fun if no one fights back" Satan snarled

Mammon cut his finger over Azazel's ashes and Kami watched Azazel's body return. Beelzebub put his hand into Azazel's chest and pulled out his heart. He looked at it for a while before opening a black hole and throwing the heart in there.

"Belphegor. All yours" Lucifer said

Belphegor opened a black hole and put his head in. Everyone waited a few moments and Azazel returned on one knee in front of Belphegor.

"Why would someone who isn't even a sin attempt a sin's job" Satan snarled

"I am sorry Satan sama for my rudeness" Azazel responded

"I swear this guy said he was going to kill Asmodeus. If you say that, that means you think you're stronger than us eh" Satan barked as he stepped on Azazel sanding his head into the dirt.

Azazel tried speaking but everything was muffled by the dirt.

"Why is he so obedient?" Kami asked

"He is under contract" Lucifer started "He was supposed to be under Belphegor from the beginning but he was already in the overworld so this didn't work out. But now he's dead and reborn. He's our little servant"

"Well that's enough of that. Bye Kami. Keep your soul looking tasty for me" Beelzebub declared

"Good point. We should start looking for Paimon's body after all" Lucifer agreed

Shortly afterwards the team left and Kami was drained on the floor. He restarted the flow of time before Azazel was reborn since there was no point. Kami felt defeated.

He thought he was unstoppable because of his power but he only managed to use it for about three minutes before it completely went away. Kami had the power but there was a time limit. This wasn't good for him at all.

He now knew the demons want to destroy the world but he doesn't have enough strength to stop that. Kami felt that even if he had his power he would've lost. Beelzebub and Mammon would've been enough and the others were just for insurance. And if Asmodeus still stood above them then it would be a one sided battle with Kami's loss.

Kami was confused. Why did they need Paimon's body and did it even exist. He had his powers so what good could be taken from his body?

A few days later the demons were in Spajainia with Azazel speaking to Asmodeus.

"I warned you not to go there but since you brought back Azazel it isn't all bad" Asmodeus noted

He was sitting on his large throne with the emperor as his footstool.

"Now I see you six have gotten stronger but there is a problem. You forgot something" Asmodeus announced

"What is it?" Belphegor asked "I hate forgetting things because it means more work so there's no way I fo-"

"You realised" Asmodeus sighed "I need my key back. We can't move on without it. So one of you is going to have to go back and get my key"

Asmodeus was talking about the key Kami took when he accidentally freed the demon.

Everyone wore their feelings on their sleeves and it was obvious no one wanted to go back. Not out of fear but boredom. There was a chance Kami could fight one of them by the time they returned. A chance but if he couldn't it would just be a boring standard trip.

"I want us to go back to how we used to be and my key is just as important as all of yours so who is going to retrieve it?" Asmodeus asked

"I shall Asmodeus sama" Azazel said

"Oh shut up" Asmodeus sighed as he threw nether at Azazel

He looked slightly entertained watching Azazel writhe in pain from the black fire.

"Now.. input from people who matter" Asmodeus said staring at the sins "If none of you volunteer I will choose"

"Fine. Let's see hmm. How about Levy?" Satan asked

"Leviathan might be a good choice" Lucifer nodded

"As long as it's not me" Belphegor snored

"So you're just going to choose me because..." Leviathan asked

"Well, you didn't help us that time we were in Ochea" Satan noted

They were talking about the time Pocrea, Lukas and James sealed them and Leviathan was living peacefully in the northern empire.

"Fine. But just this once" Leviathan agreed "I can swim fast so this shouldn't take long either"

And with that Leviathan was ready to take Asmodeus' key from Kami.

During this time Kami was wondering how the head guild in Ntral was unaware their army was being led by a demon. This led to Kami taking a trip there himself. He needed to know how this went unnoticed. What did Azazel do or not do.

He requested an audience and due to his fame and notoriety he would face them in a couple of days. During that time he decided to rest. The wars were now over or at least not being controlled and Kami was free to do as he pleased without the worry of the army forcing him to fight. He was free.

But that didn't mean his stress was done. Asmodeus is still a problem.

After a few days of rest he could finally see the leader of the head guild in Ntral. The gates to the castle opened and he was invited in like a royal guest.


We will now be moving into the next section of the web novel titled the Evil Devils

1