Chapter 41: Mad King
90 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kami dropped to his knees before the king plated in gold.

"May I ask your name?" Kami asked

"Alexander the third. King of Ochea" he responded

Kami was confused. There was no king of Ochea, there were raging battles going out for supremacy over the continent yet he called himself its king. He as well as Azazel really were playing a huge game of chess with the continent as the board.

"I am here to tell you that your highest ranking officer Zael has been killed. He was corrupt and was also a demon" Kami stated

The king who was relaxed on his throne stood up and started shaking.

"W-who killed Azazel?" Alexander asked

Kami noticed that he called Azazel Zael yet the king knew his real name. Kami stood up.

"I see. You knew" Kami sighed

"WHO KILLED HIM!!!" the king screamed "If he's gone... my control"

"Seems you and him had some sort of deal huh"

Kami suddenly appeared in front of Alexander with his finger on his forehead.

"Tell me. I'm not going to waste time with you so tell me or die" Kami stated

"Get away from the king. That is treason!" a guard screamed

Kami looked at the guard and they flew into a wall with their head smashed in. The other guards surrounded Kami and pointed spears at him.

"What did you do peasant!" the king screamed

"A light tap. Now you better listen to me or the same will happen to you as these guards" Kami announced

The guards lowered their guards for a brief second out of fear and immediately met the same end as the first guard. The king began to shake violently out of fear.

"W-what do you want" the king hissed

"Drop your pride and tell me you and the demons deal" Kami announced

"He said he would heal my wife and bring back my daughter" the king said

"Explain"

"My wife is weak. She was injured a while back within the castle by a rogue guard and is now on her deathbed. My daughter ran away ages ago saying she wanted to be an adventurer. Azazel promised to heal my wife and bring back my daughter in exchange for letting him do what he wants with my army"

"Names"

"My wife's name is Elizabeth and my daughter is Liliana"

Kami thought that the fact that he knew a Liliana must of been pure coincidence.

"What is this Liliana like" Kami interrogated

"I don't remember anything important other than her bow" the king responded

"Hmm" Kami said as he dropped his finger "I'll see what I can do about both of those. I will fill in but in exchange you will make me king"

The king looked at Kami like he was an idiot.

"Make you king" Alexander laughed "No"

"I can heal your wife, bring you your daughter and tell you who killed Azazel yet you won't make me king?" Kami asked "Really? Your wife and child over a position?"

"They can both die then for all I care then"

This was disappointing. He was hoping the king was a decent person. Yes that was a big ask but Kami gaining Ochea to take on the seven deadly sins was important. Ochea was equal to Spajainia which is the strongest empire. If he could rival them then he could stop whatever plans the sins had by taking over their empires.

"How about this" Kami started "You hand it over and I won't age you, this title is bigger than you think. I need it"

"Like you can make me age" the king puffed

Kami grabbed the king by the chest and watched as the man's skin began to wrinkle and shrink. His height lessened and his bones became soft.

"Now" Kami sighed as he pushed the king to the floor and sat on his throne "You are going to write up a document handing over Ntral to me and I will fix you. I will even make you younger"

The kings arm broke as he was pushed to the floor. He aged 45 years. He was now 89. Naturally the king agreed and Kami became king overnight. He didn't care if his methods were rather brutal, he needed this to beat the demons or things would go south for him and the planet.

"Asmodeus. It is coming along well" Belphegor smiled "I have a few men making this rocket, we will be in space in no time at all"

"Don't forget we still need Paimon's body first, but having the rocket makes future plans easy" Lucifer added

"Has Leviathan still not returned with my key?" Asmodeus sighed

All of the sins except Leviathan were currently still in Spajainia.

"No but it doesn't matter. Once we get of this planet we can become stronger and getting the key from Kami will be easy. Even if Leviathan fails" Beelzebub realised "Let's just let Leviathan keep Kami company for a while"

Outside of the spajainian empire's castle was a huge rocket being built with about half of it done. The sins had a major plan unfolding and Kami was their only hindrance.

Kami totally united each country in Ochea under him in a matter of days. There was no one to oppose him other than Athers who disappeared when he captured Kami so he was in the clear.

A month passed and the previous king along with every noble broke into Ntral with a large army. A message was conveyed to Kami warning him of their arrival. Alexander said in the message it was stupid to take my royal position and expect me to not come back for it.

Kami knew this to be true but he was more surprised that all the nobles sided with him. None of the people did however. Kami raised the standard of living and lowered taxes. They were almost non existent since Kami had more money than he needed anyway and removed all debt.

Kami left the castle and prepared to fight but there was no need. The people of Jasha the capital city of Ntral all started attacking the intruders.

"Stop stop stop!" Kami shouted

The people turned around and faced Kami. Kami wanted to do this himself. They were no challenge. He pulled out Asura and swung the blade. The air pressure halved the forces and the rest retreated. If they returned again they would be fools but Kami wasn't done. He was going to be back for them later.

Liliana, Lynx and Tama heard the news and met Kami. He made them his personal knights and  had each go on a mission. Lynx and Tama were ordered to remove the bandit presence from Ochea whilst Liliana had to kill the nobles.

Kami gathered a few men who were well known scientists and separated them into two groups. The pure scientists and the magical scientists. The pure scientists dealt in work based off the laws of the world whilst the magical ones did the same but included magic.

World building! Kami wanted to make Ochea as advanced as possible. He missed his tech. It was fun in an isekai at the start but when he got bored there wasn't much to do. He wanted to change that.

He taught the pure scientists how to revolutionise science as they knew it as well as introducing quantum physics which was something not even his home planet was good at yet. The magical scientists needed little improvement. All they needed was to learn how to mix different items into something knew. Everything they had was advanced in its own right but they weren't being used as such.

For example they had a self charging battery that powers itself off loose spiritual power in the air yet they used it for light bulbs. Light is important but with such a battery that never wore out they could make phones, laptops no they could be as advanced as he remembered life yet it had such a mundane use.

Kami immediately started telling them different kinds of stuff they could do with that battery as well as different things they could make. He was also careful to tell the pure scientists that the power situation would be dealt with by the magical scientists.

Kami didn't want to damn them with global warming and using spiritual power in the air which was abundant and renewable and more efficient than fossil fuels was the smartest choice. He wanted to further technology but never said they couldn't both be mixed. Due to spiritual power technological advancements happened with speed.

But there was a problem Kami wasn't aware of. Leviathan. He had been watching Kami's actions with envy wishing he could do all of this.

The sins were strong but they had special powers that made them stronger. Leviathan's in particular amplified his powers the more envy he felt. He had been watching Kami for about two months now and the changes in power were now permanent.

1