Chapter 2
715 9 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been two months now and let me tell you it has been a hard three months.  Unable to talk, unable to move, goodness its just a pain to breathe in and breathe out. And losing agency in my life certainly  was quite the shock. But the biggest shock came to me as I watched the matron of the orphanage where I was delivered make coffee out of a suspiciously labeled coffee maker. What's so suspicious about coffee maker you ask?  Well not much unless you discount the big f****** logo reading Wayne Enterprises.  Surely this was a bad dream;  I couldn't possibly have been born  in the DC Universe,  a world on the constant brink of annihilation.

As I became 3 years old the reality of the situation I was had dawned on me. I was probably going to die like a stupid  mob character at the hands of a small-time villain by falling debris or any of the million other stupid ways that people die in superhero universes and unlike actual  superheroes I was not going to be revived by some amulet and ancient to the Lazarus pit or even some speed force shenanigans.  Just as I was about to give up hope out of the corner of my eye spotted a blip.

"Ohhoho is that a system I see?" I method jovially.

 As I focused on the blip, a system screen came into view.

Name : John Moore

Age : 3.8 E.Y.

Sex : Male

Points: 2416 

Lottery: 44

Physical modifications: 0/2*

Abilities: 0/2*

* -  May be increased up to 10 each by buying additional power slots.

 Physical Modification |  Abilities |  Specials |   Item Shop

Clicking on the points section caused the popup to form informing me that points  are the currency of the system and can be used to purchase physical modifications abilities and other conveniences provided by the system.

The lottery section provided the details likewise,

Lottery Slots are randomized rewards, given out by the System. Listed below is the odds of winning using a Lottery Slot.

Total Probability List
==============================================
Nothing - 30 / 100

100-1,000 points - 40(39.998) / 100
          100 points - 50%
          200 points - 20%
          300 points - 10%
          400 points - 5%
          500 points - 5%
          600 points - 4%
          700 points - 2%
          800 points - 2%
          900 points - 1%
          1,000 points - 1%

1000 points+ - 1%

Weapon Object - 5 / 100

Armor Object - 5 / 100

Supplies Object - 20 / 100

Physical Modification - 1/10,000

Ability - 1/10,000

"Hmm...  I have 44 lottery slots, let's open them and see what I get."

" System open all lottery slots."

 I was bombarded with notifications as all the lottery slots were opened. In total I gain from them 8492 points as well as a beam tomahawk and armour labeled with an Alpha symbol on the shoulder pads,  another set of armour that looked like a turtle shell,  an ion pulse rifle.

 Next I I looked at it the physical modification and abilities sections  respectively and was met with another wave of information,  in the form of pages upon pages of powers and abilities of various forms and levels.

Ki Cultivator (Advanced) - 3,000 
Ki Cultivator (Intermediate) - 1,800 
Ki Cultivator (Beginning) - 900 
High Werewolf Type – 4,200 
Werewolf Type – 2800 
Lesser Werewolf Type – 1,200 
High Vampire Type – 4,800 
Vampire Type – 3,100 
Lesser Vampire Type – 1,600 
Steel Body Type – 2,200
Herculean Strength Type – 2,800 
Dragon Blood Type – 7,800 
Demi-God Type – 7,400 
Superhuman Speed Type – 2,500 
Taoist Monk Grandmaster – 3,200 

… (13/41 page) 

Full Heal Technique – 1100 points 
Flight using telekinesis – 800 points 
Flight using physical wings – 400 points 
Flight using gravity resistance – 1800 points 
Flight using walking on air arts – 1200 points 
Fundamental Forces Manipulation – 3800 points 
… (5/29 page)

" Looks like I'll have to  go through the whole  list and check for the optimal combination"

After hours of sifting through the entirety of the shop and determining the ten physical modification and  abilities that I will need I decided to check on the specials and item shop.

 The specials only had four options, namely,  power slot,  power evolution,  the gift of power, and lastly life orb,  each worth exactly 10,000 points. The first three options very easy to understand but the last one was odd and so I clicked on it and learnt that it was basically respawn button, albeit a single use one.

 Finally opening item shop I saw two options: buy and sell.

I figured there was no need for me to have two armors and the turtle armor was obviously not made for the human form, what with the hunched back and three fingers and caved in stomach.Might as well sell it.Opening the sell option, I sold the turtle armor back to the system for 11500 points and then tried to sell a pencil from the orphanage but was rejected by the system.Looks like only system items can be sold back.

Checking back on the points I saw the total at 22408 points.

It was  buy time .

First I bought the Demi God and Immortality at 7400 and 500 points each as well as the abilities teleportation master and fundamental forces manipulation at 2200 and 3800 points respectively. This put me at 8508 points. Now I just needed to hide it from the matron of the orphanage until I could legally leave.

Spoiler

Demigod - 7400 Points

Spawn of a god, you get the power to harness one of the ancient divine concepts and forces of your choosing and based on your disposition.

Immortality - 500 Points

You no longer age and regenerate the tissue mass lost with age. you are also immune to cancer. You can still be killed via fatal injuries, poison, etc.

Teleportation Master - 2200 Points

You have mastery over teleportation and can go anywhere on your current plane.

Fundamental Force Manipulation - 3800 Points

You can control the fundamental forces. From electromagnetics to nuclear bonds can be altered.

[collapse]

Checking the item shop I quickly found the solution, the interspatial castle.


Interspatial ring 4 (100 cubic meters of space) – 900 points
Small Interspatial Home (1 bed/1bath/1kitchen Home) – 2100 points
Medium Interspatial Home (2 bed/2bath/1kitchen Home) – 3700 points
Large Interspatial Home (4bed/4bath/2kitchen Home) – 5100 points
Interspatial Castle (35+ rooms) – 8100 points
Small Earth Car – 400 points (selection available)
Medium Earth Car – 700 points (selection available)
Large Earth Car – 1200 points (selection available)
Small Energy Shield – 100 Points
Small Rechargeable Energy Shield – 700 points
Medium Energy Shield – 250 points
Medium Rechargeable Energy Shield – 2300 points
Large Energy Shield – 500 Points
Large Rechargeable Energy Shield – 7700 points
City Rechargeable Energy Shield – 13100 points

Watching the castle appear out of subspace was a whole different experience altogether.

IT WAS GLORIUS !

Putting the stuff into the castle I unsummoned the castle and watched it disappear into the void between space.I was finally feeling optimistic about things. This was gonna be a good life. I will make sure of it.
"No one shall ever infringe on my freedoms again.Never will I be humiliated like this." I muttered as sleep took me.

10