Prologue : The story of the little princess
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue : Story of the little princess.

When I was young, my mother never let me call her 'mother'. I had to call her the empress but that case wasn't applied to my twin brother. Mother doted on him only and gave him everything. Everyone told me that she was strict on me for my own good. Did they take me for an idiot? Obviously, she despised me for being the first line to the throne despite being a female. Wasn't she a female too? She locked me up inside the library and set fire for my own good? She wanted me dead. Go ahead and tell your mom to do so!!!

My father was the former monarch and my mother used to be just a mere concubine,a favored one actually. She got herself pregnant then murdered him and made her way to his throne. What a virtuous wife you had, my dear father. 

And this was how my story went.

At the time she locked me up.

I nervously stepped in while peeking at her facial expressions. She smiled gently and said. " This library is now yours. You can stay here as long as you please, my child. " 

She'd never been this kind. This made me wonder if she had any tricks up her sleeves. Of course she did. The beloved country princess was killed in the accident burning the whole library. That's what she wished for.

I resigned to my fate of being a loathed child. 

"Your majesty, this place is so beautiful. I love it so much. Thank you. "

I hid my fear and smiled brightly. My nails slightly dug into my palm as the pain calmed me down.

" It's good that you like it. Check out the books on that shelf. "

I walked in between the enormous stone shelves and reached for a book. I hadn't even touched it yet. That hateful shelf fell on me...and the other shelf. The other shelf fell toward the one beside causing a Domino like effect across the whole library. It was turned into a complete mess. I couldn't even move one bit. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't that clumsy. It's her doing.

Then, my beloved mother executed her plan to the next level. Good job mother. I love you 

" YOU USELESS TRASH!! LOOK WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. DON'T EVEN THINK OF GETTING OUT OF HERE UNTIL YOU TURN THEM ALL BACK TO WHERE IT WAS!!!!!! "

She screamed this on the top of her lungs which later caused her an infection(served her right) and picked the book at her feet. Then threw it at my fragile head. I was just around five years old at that time. She had a great motherhood instinct, didn't she. Threw a hard thick book at her poor daughter screaming she caused a mess she planned herself (the mother). How nice~ I was actually quite lucky..he he...for having a bitch of a mother..Oops sorry for being rude.

She stormed out and swung the door closed with a loud bang. I was the talented one since I was born. I just snapped my fingers then everything went back to where it put.  My brother couldn't even hold a pen firmly yet I could use magic like it's nothing. My nannies were very proud of me that I cleaned everything by a single snap.

I wiped the blood off my forehead and licked it off my hand. I stretched my back and gracefully casted healing spell like a kind-hearted fairy breaking the vicious curse saving the poor princess except that I saved myself after all. Everyone in the palace witnessed my mother heartless doings yet no one ever gave me a hand. Despite being the first born and the perfect crown princess, I was just a foul wastrel to her.

They said I resembled her more but her love was poured all toward Darren, my twin.

I sighed as I tried to open the door. As expected, It was locked and that damn empress secretly set fire at the corner of the room. Old books were great fuel, I turned back and met a sea of fire burning more than half of the library. I must be a great pain in her neck to the point she willing to sacrifice the precious library just to kill me. 

She did underestimate the power I had. But before I could cast another spell to put away the fire. A tall figure stood in front of me, using his silver cloak to shield me, the teenager frosted everything in the room. I was just going to stop the fire but he even ruined these precious books of mine. Damn you pretty boy.

A melodious voice hit my ears which I found it too girly sometimes.

" Are you okay? "

That pretty brat turned his head nervously and asked if I was fine. I swept my gaze up and down. This brat wore a shiny silver attire decorated with purple gems which wasn't our kingdom fashion. His soft blonde curl loosely framed on his face  giving an illusion of the celestial beauty. I crossed my arms and snorted.

" Safe and sound but could have been better if you didn't stick your nose in my business and ruined my books. "

He stiffly smiled and patted my head.

" I can compensate that. I have all those books may be more than that. You can borrow some if you want "

I slapped his hand away from my head, put hands on my hip and glared back fiercely like how my mother did when she was mad.

" Who asked you to come and save me. We are not friends. I don't need you to run around my kingdom and act like a knight in shining armor. Now scram!. I don't want to see your girly face. "

He didn't take me seriously, even laughed and said. " You might have died if I didn't save you. Don't worry I will ask my father to compensate. Let see how your mother will react when I say I cause the fire. "

I coldly smiled. This boy really thought highly of himself. He could not even figure it out.

" She'll probably use that as an accuse to ban you from coming here. "

He took that as a joke. He shouldn't have. 

I warned him. It's not my fault.

" GET THE LOWLY FACE OF YOURS BACK TO YOUR KINGDOM NOW!!!! "

My mother yelled.

I told him she would said so. That brat never learned. She even threw her favorite wine cup at him leaving a bruise on his annoying face. Even though my mother was not in a good terms with  me, I took many things after her which usually weren't good things.

That brat is Alexander the son of God, basically an angel. We first met at my..I mean.. Darren's birthday celebration my mother held. She truly loved this son to the point I sometime wanted to kill my treasured brother and slaughter him in front of her face. Alexander must have sympathised my miserable self. He maybe a nuisance sometimes but he's actually kind and generous. Just like how he tried to help me. But I prefer staying by myself rather than having him stick around. He's too pure to be surrounded by these horrible things happened in my life for some reason.

He still secretly visited me once in a while but not as often as before. We slowly got attached to each other and fell in love. What a novel like experience but trust me. This love never lasted.

Love is for a pure helpless and hopeless princess who can't even defend herself NOT FOR ME.

I was strong enough to stand on my own. As for that my mother resented me even more and used her free time from lovingly raising my brother to find a way to humiliate me. Those malicious tricks failed to harm me and however further spoiled her image.

And that exactly was what I was thinking, she seeked revenge on me. 

All the chaos in my mortal life began.

Have fun.

1