Tsubaki’s Time: Chapter 5
213 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After learning how to set and customize alarms, Tsubaki carefully established several that would let her accelerate the world with peace of mind. If anything dangerous were to happen, whether an event that threatened a substantial population or if they developed certain technologies that would bring them close to the end of the ‘tutorial period’, Tsubaki could step in and intervene.

With that taken care of, Tsubaki sat with Dana in the living room of the Sky Citadel, the two seated together on a sofa. “So… what criteria would you like to use to narrow down this new energy?” She asked with a smile, Tsubaki thinking carefully about the subject.

“By chance… can you show only the ones that are available on this market, but not the real market?” Tsubaki asked, though Dana shook her head.

“Sorry, Tsuba. I’m only connected to this system, not the main one, so I can’t do a search like that.”

Tsubaki pursed her lips, having expected that response. Still, she had to ask, just in case there was the chance that she would be able to bring back a Saint Energy and let her Keeper register it on the market. She was sure that that would be a big seller. “In that case… can you check to see if World Shadow, World Sight, and the Ki of Beginning are all registered in this system?” If they weren’t, then she could submit those for extra points.

Dana blinked, giving a nod and closing her eyes. After a few moments, she nodded her head again. “It looks like they’re all here, though the Ki of Beginning is called Five Lights Ki.”

“I see… then, please display a list of Saint Energies associated with either the themes of Light, Stealth, Assassination, Service, Contracts, or Illusions. And… please sort them according to price, going from lowest to highest.”

As soon as she had made that request, a system window appeared in front of her, showing dozens of different energies. Among them, the cheapest was only ten thousand points. Scrolling down, Tsubaki found that the most expensive was a full ten million points, being an assassination energy that could pursue and kill any target whose name was known.

“Eliminate any options that cost more than half a million points.” Over half of the list disappeared in a flash, and Tsubaki began to study what was left. Even if she were to set up an automated point farm with Dana’s help, she didn’t want to take so long to get back.

One by one, Tsubaki began eliminating the options that she felt didn’t fit her. Although this was an energy that she would be dedicating to her Keeper, it was also one that she would be using herself. Coupled with that, she was aware of her Keeper’s personality. He would want her to get something that she wanted for herself if she were to do something like this.

As she eliminated one energy after another, her choices became slimmer and slimmer. In the end, she was left with two possibilities, staring intently at them.

Contractual Obligation

The power of contracts and deals, turned on oneself. By establishing the conditions of the covenant, the user may gain bonuses depending on the restrictions.

80,000 Points

Beyond Light

Light connects all things, even in the depths of the abyss. Beyond this light lies the key to existence itself.

150,000 Points

Tsubaki pursed her lips as she read through the two options. As the Goddess of Light in her original world, Beyond Light was tempting. According to the wording of the description, she believed that it was an energy that heavily relied on the void, as well.

At the same time, she couldn’t overlook that it was almost twice as expensive as Contractual Obligation. Furthermore, she could already envision numerous uses of this cheaper energy, whereas the description for Beyond Light was incredibly vague.

“Which one do you want to choose?” Dana asked, causing Tsubaki’s eyes to narrow further.

“I would like both. However… the vagueness of Beyond Light gives me a bad feeling. Its reference to the abyss and the key to existence hints that the power is heavily rooted in the void. If I were to judge purely based on this description, I believe that it has one of two powers.”

“First, it is an ultimate transportation energy, one that allows the user to move anywhere they wish in a moment, and can even summon other beings. Secondly, it could be a creation energy. Is there a forum post regarding Beyond Light, such as a review?” She had heard her Keeper talk about the forums, though she had never had the chance to see them herself.

“Let me check!” Dana paused, before another window appeared before Tsubaki.

Beyond the Mysterious Beyond Light

Originally, I was skeptic when looking at this energy, as there was no clear description of what it did. That’s why I am leaving this post here for those that are interested, and are wanting to look for similar information.

After purchasing the information and refining it myself, I discovered that it was… quite unique. Light connects all things. This is the key slogan of the energy. At a basic level, this means that the user is able to intuitively sense anything that the light touches. Which means on a universal scale.

I’ll be honest, I blacked out for a couple days when I first used this, because of the sensory overload. I couldn’t process everything  being pushed into my mind at once. In the end, I managed to adapt to it by reducing the scope of the energy to a more local area. 

Next, the second half of the description. Beyond this light is the key to existence itself. As you may have guessed, this is the sea of chaos, the void. When you reach the advanced level, Beyond Light allows you to create customized void monsters. However, once they’re created, they are out of your control. Because of this, it is strongly advised not to use this energy before you have reached the fourth rank.

Tsubaki’s eyes widened as she read through the review. “Creating custom void beasts?” She muttered to herself, before sighing and shaking her head. “Unfortunately, I won’t be able to acquire this energy for myself here.”

“Right…” Dana nodded, reading through it. “Honestly, the detection aspect looks like a weakened version of World Sight, anyways. The only thing worth getting here would be the ability to make your own void monsters. But, if we remember the Guardian…”

Tsubaki grunted, recalling the angelic protector that Leowynn had created with most of her power, only to have it eventually corrupted by the very beings that it hunted. In the end, her Keeper had to interfere to help settle the danger that it had created. “In that case… bookmark Contractual Obligation for me.”

“Sure thing!” Dana nodded her head. “Eighty thousand points, though… that’ll take some time to achieve.”

“I do not believe that it will take so long.” Tsubaki smiled. “Dana, if I give you clear instructions on what to do, is it within your ability to set up an automated purchase of a market item based on specific triggers?”

Dana blinked, slowly nodding as her eyes widened. “That’s…. That’s right, Tsuba.”

“In that case, listen to this. Upon reaching eight hundred points, immediately purchase a world with parameters matching those of Demiris, randomizing the landscape. As soon as any world reaches the third tier in any field, reset it and remake it. All worlds should be within individual cosmos, disconnected from one another. Additionally, set their time to maximum acceleration.”

Dana gave a somewhat bitter smile when she heard those instructions. “You’re going full quantity over quality, aren’t you?”

Tsubaki nodded her head, able to tell that Dana was already listening to her orders when she saw the prompts appearing in the corner of her vision. “Maintain this process until our total net worth is two hundred thousand points, and then reset all worlds to create a new Demiris.”

“My Keeper will not take this method because of his aversion to resetting a world. However, as this is a simulation of the system, I can do so with peace of mind. I will provide the best results that I can offer to my Keeper.”

Dana thought about that for a moment, before shrugging her shoulders. “Okay, but why two hundred thousand? It should be enough to stop at one hundred thousand to get the energy, right? You’d even be able to finish sooner.”

Tsubaki simply smiled. “This is an idle game. Two hundred thousand will not take twice as long as one hundred thousand. Instead, the rate of earning will increase the longer I keep going. If I were to leave this setting indefinitely, there may come a time when I was making a million points a day.”

Dana’s eyes flashed, narrowing dangerously for a moment before her expression returned to normal. She blinked, her eyes widening. “Yeah, the system doesn’t like that kind of abuse. I’m pretty sure that if you actually tried to go through with it to that extent, you’d be pretty severely punished.”

Tsubaki arched a brow at Dana’s shifting expression, before nodding her head. “That is what I assumed. The system has too much intelligence to allow such a clear loophole. Otherwise, every Keeper would have their primary planets that they watched out for, and then an automated point farm like this to infinitely supply them with points.”

“The fact that this isn’t the case implies that there is a trick within the system that stops it from being viable. For instance, after accumulating so many points from advancements, you will no longer receive them from new worlds. Or, perhaps natural disasters would become more common the more the Keeper created and reset new worlds.”

“Because of this, my goal is two hundred thousand points. Although it is still a large number for a new Keeper such as myself, it is a number that I believe that the system will tolerate.”

As Dana was considering that, Tsubaki smiled. “Additionally, Dana, I would like to take this chance while the system is focusing its attention on you to make a proposal.” That caught Dana’s attention, causing her to quickly look up at Tsubaki. 

“I believe that this is in line with the system’s wishes in regards to developing worlds. Similar to how my Keeper operates his secondary worlds, I would propose that Keepers can establish smaller accounts for their Companions, allowing them to freely purchase items from the market with the points that they are allotted from their Keeper.”

“These purchases would only apply to the worlds approved by their Keeper for them to oversee, as well. With this, the Keeper and their team will be able to create more varied worlds to develop, as well as cause culture to flourish more. As we have seen here, buying such simple additions to the world’s systems can lead to a massive change in the world’s flow.”

“Of course, there would be restrictions. For instance, while a system may be refunded according to the normal rules, the companion may not reset their world without the authorization of the Keeper. In addition, the companions lose their ability to spend points as such during any ongoing invasion, as per the normal rules.”

“In the case where two or more worlds are linked together with a common world law, the purchases applied to only one companion’s territory can be treated as a ‘local add-on’ without interfering with the world law. If the change is significant enough that it would impact the world law, the Keeper will be notified and given the option to remove the offending world from the shared law or to make the adjustment globally.”

After thinking it over for a few moments, Tsubaki smiled. “If this would work better as an option that Keepers can buy on the market, I would be happy with that being done as well.”

Dana’s eyes flashed for a moment, before she quickly blinked. “The system… will put it on the market for this simulation, but will begin a vote after the meeting ends. The feedback from the simulated Keepers will likely influence any adjustments to the system before it is put to a vote.”

Tsubaki’s smile grew wider at that, nodding her head. “In that case, please thank the system on my behalf for listening to my request.”

10