Chapter 10—Residency
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next few days went by relatively peaceful.

Heise, being too “ill” and “weak,” spent most of his time in his room. Under the attentive care of his handsome nurse, Heise made a slow recovery.

It has been nearly a week since the young guest arrived at Vali’s mansion, and he has, undoubtedly, grossly overstayed his welcome. Worst still, not only did he show no remorse, but he also showed no sign of leaving.

At first, Vali did put up some form of resistant, hinting discreetly that Heise should quickly return to his company to get started on their joint business project. The business guise, however, soon fell through as Heise continued to refuse to budge, laying there like a dead fish while complaining about how miserable he feels. In the end, Vali could only give up, and the beautiful sea-side mansion gained a new temporary resident.

At this moment, the “new resident” was busy drinking his porridge, an annoyed look flashed through his face.

“Thanks for the meal. I’m sorry you have to make a different meal for me every day, I know it must be very bothersome. So please, next time you don’t have to trouble yourself anymore, just bring me whatever leftovers guys are eating…”

    And take this boring tasteless crap away.

    Honestly, if I have to eat this bland dishwater one more time, I think I’ll die for real…

“No, no. It’s no trouble at all. This is the best thing for you to recover.” Sitting by the bed, Alvy smiled gently. “Besides, you’ve been sick for so many days, your taste buds are probably dulled. Even if I give you regular food, you probably won’t be able to enjoy it anyhow. Bear with for now.”

Heise, who dug himself into a hole: ……...

“…I-is that so. Well, a-alright then. Since it can’t be help.” Heise smiled weakly at this “demon” nurse, inwardly cursing up a storm.

“By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask you, but do you live here?”

When he first arrived, Heise had thought that the mansion only had one occupant. The rumors are that the dashing middle-age bachelor with silver hair was extremely cold and fierce, chasing away all the people around him and leading a life of complete solitude. Few people have ever met Vali in-person, and few yet have actually visited his home. Over time, such rumors, embellished by fervent gossipers, balloon into a sort of undisputed fact, and, since Vali has never corrected them himself, everyone merely accepted them as truths.

Heise, one of the most in-the-know and up-to-date among the highest of elitist circles, naturally are very well aware of these “facts.” However, unlike those gossip mongers who only know how to repeat stuffs, Heise had his own reservations, and refuses to belief in baseless rumors.

Afterall, what are those people getting pay to keep an eye on his poor old father for?

Imagine his surprise when an unexpected “lover” pops up.

    Outrageous! Absolutely unacceptable!

    What the hell am I paying those useless dogs for?! They couldn’t even sniff out a single guy!

    And a guy this good looking at that! It’s not like this face was going to blend into the crowd.

    Hmph!

 

“I always see you here, but I don’t remember seeing your room when Vali gave me a tour of the house.” Heise shifted his gaze down, seemingly embarrassed. “Oh, but if you think I’m intruding then you don’t have to answer. I’m just a bit curious…”

Alvy looked at the young man before him, his gaze indecipherable.

Although the young man may look as if he was just casually asking, in truth, he really needed an answer. To Heise, this seemingly inconsequential question was actually a very important one. Depending on the answer, Heise could plan out his next move and a plan of attack!

If this male god had lived away from the mansion’s premise, then it was necessary to secure the location and find excuses for Heise to make his way there.

On the other hand, if it’s within the mansion, then things are a lot simpler. As long as he stays here, Heise could see the male god every day, and every night, he could sneak into a certain person’s bed…

 

“…Yes.” After thinking for a bit, Alvy finally replied. “I mean, I don’t live here permanently, but for the time being, I’m staying here to take care of Vali. He has gotten so busy recently that I’m rather worry. He can’t even take care of himself, you know.”

“Right…” A strange shadow move pass Heise’s face. “You’re here to take care of him, of course. I guess you’re sleeping in his room then, huh.” The young man’s voice got quieter and quieter until the last of his words are but whispers.

Seeing the boy’s downcast expression, Alvy’s heart felt a tickling sensation, “No, actually I’m staying in the extra room next to the study.”

“R-really?” Like dark rain clouds being lifted by warm sunshine, Heise slowly looked up and met Alvy’s eyes. Two big, clear, adorable orbs stare intently at the male god, reviving with life and brimming with hope.

Seeing the excitement and cheerfulness unexpectedly spilling forth, Alvy could not resist letting out a low chuckle before placing a hand on top of Heise’s head, rubbing gently. “Really. I’m glad you care so much. When you’re feeling well again, feel free to come visit me anytime you want.”

“ Σ(・口・) Eh?! I can come to your room?!”

“Haha, of course you can. I look forward to seeing you.”

 

 

 

       BTS Theatre

Alvy: If you need me during the day, just knock twice.

Heise: What about at night?

Alvy: What would you need at night?

Heise: …

Alvy: …

Alvy: …Knock three times.

0