2: The Results
1.8k 7 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Third Person POV)

Spending the afternoon reading and talking together, Miyuki and Suzuki tried to pass the afternoon quickly, but felt that the results of Erina's medical check-up couldn't come any slower.

Later that afternoon, at 5 pm, a nurse came back into the room to report the findings of the comprehensive medical check-up.

"To begin with, Erina Noragi has no dangerous disease or disability so both of you don't need to worry about that." The nurse explained.

"Haaaaaaahhhhh" Miyuki sighed, her face relaxing unconsciously into a smile, "See? It's ok Suzuki, I told you there was nothing to worry about."

"However," the nurse continued, "Erina does have an underlying condition, a condition that makes it so she has naturally weak bones, along with a body that has a hard time gaining any muscle or fat."

"Hmmm, well that's a problem," replied Miyuki, her face suddenly tightening at this piece of information, "but, at least she will be able to eat as many sweets as she wants, to the envy of every other woman on the planet-"

"Including me..." Miyuki whispered trailing off at the end of her sentence.

Chuckling in agreement, the Nurse continued, "you don't need to worry too much as this doesn't pose too much danger to your daughter. However, make sure that she stays safe, as her bones will be weaker than an average person. And because they are weaker, her chances of getting broken bones after falling is much higher than others."

"It'll be fine! I am here so I can protect Erina! I'll become strong so I can defend Erina! As a good big sister, I will make sure that no harm befalls her!" interjected Suzuki while puffing out her chest in a show of self confidence.

Hearing this, Miyuki was relieved that she wasn't going to have to worry that Suzuki would become jealous due to getting less attention from her parents than before.

Relieved, Miyuki beamed, "Suzu, I am so glad I don't need to worry about you being a sister. I can see that you'll be a great older sibling!"

Saying this, Miyuki began patting Suzuki's head while pondering about what to do now.

After mulling it over for a bit, Miyuki asked, "Suzu, mama has some things that she needs to ask the nurses, so can you go back to your room and play while I ask my questions?"

"En!" Replied Suzuki, leaving the room, and then running off towards her own room in the mansion.

Looking around after Suzuki left, Miyuki asked with a slight quiver now apparent in her voice, "Excuse me Ms...Nurse? I didn't want to ask this while Suzuki was still here, but... where is Erina right now? Is there something else I need to know since she Isn't here right now? Even after she has finished going through the tests?"

Realising that she had forgotten to explain the nurse reassured Miyuki, "You don't need to worry about Erina currently. Because the tests took a while, we are washing and feeding her before returning her to you."

"Hahhhhh, that's good then. Wait! Ahh Mouuu! I wanted to do that though!" Complained Miyuki while pouting in disappointment, "That's the best part! Although, still, I am thankful that you are doing that for me."

After pouting and ignoring the nurses for a bit, Miyuki suddenly asked, "Nurse? I don't remember if you told me, but is there a reason why Erina's body is so weak?"

"Ah I believe I forgot to explain it earlier, but from what we can tell, Erina's body is weak because her body naturally takes in a lot of mana, the upside of this is that she will have a good aptitude for performing magic. Furthermore, because Erina is a Noragi family, one of the 17 pillar families, she is pretty much guaranteed to become a top-tier magician."

"Ohh! At least she won't be completely at a disadvantage then, but I wonder if there are any other children from the 17 pillar families near her age that I can introduce her to..." pondered Miyuki, "It would be nice for her to have a childhood friend who can also take care of her if needed... meh, I'll just ask Garret, he probably knows if any of the other pillar families had a child recently."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After waiting for a while, another nurse walked out carrying Erina carefully in her arms. Erina, unaware that she had just undergone a long series of medical tests earlier, was starting to doze off after being fed and taking a warm bath.

Seeing that Erina wasn't in pain and looked to be in good condition, Miyuki relaxed and broke into a wide smile.

Receiving Erina into her own hands, Miyuki whispered, "I'm sorry Eri that you were born with such a weak body, but I'm glad that your magic is powerful, hopefully it'll allow you to live your life fully..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the nurses left Miyuki alone to allow her to rest, Miyuki finally got a good look at Erina.

(Miyuki POV)

You know, now that I really look at Eri...she is SO CUTEEEE!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!! Well other than her heterochromatic eyes, Eri really looks similar to when I was a baby. Ah, but certain parts really do look like Garret, but at least Eri looks more like me than that hunk, hmph! Now it's fair! Suzu looks more like Garret, and Eri looks more like me! Now I can spoil Eri like Garret spoils Suzu!

(End POV)

Unaware that Eri had fallen asleep, Miyuki sighed, "I don't wanna go to work again... I wanna spend time with you Eriiiiii!!! I wanna just be on maternity leave foreverrrrr... Even though working at the government is fun, it's still tiring. Oh, you fell asleep? Well, sweet dreams Eri."

After saying this, Miyuki leaned down to kiss Eri on the forehead before beginning to eat her dinner while waiting for Garret to return from his work to tell him the news.

 

60