11: History II
908 6 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eating lunch with her family, Erina excitedly told them about what she had learned so far, only to be told by everyone else that she hadn't even gotten to the good part yet.

"Really?! That's amazing! History doesn't even feel like a class, it feels like story time!" Exclaimed Erina, anxious to quickly get back to her lesson.

Having eaten her lunch, she joined Rinte in the lesson room. Walking in, Erina saw that Rinte sitting by the window reading a book to pass the time while she waited.

"U-um Rinte? I'm back... So can we continue the lesson?" Erina asked timidly, unsure whether Rinte would find her rude or not.

Standing up from her chair, Rinte cleared her throat while walking to the center of the room, ready to continue her lecture.

Unpausing her videos, Rinte began, "So, where did we leave off... Ah, okay, so we left off with how the USA devolved into a tyranny. It happened after a series of bad presidents took office, leading to one final president who corrupted and took over the government to allow him to stay in power indefinitely. After Johnson corrupted the government, he quickly began waging war, in an effort to expand the area that he ruled on. Unafraid of war because the US invested so heavily in the military, Johnson took over Canada, Greenland, and Mexico faster than anyone would believe."

Switching screens, to show a map of Europe and Asia, Rinte continued, "With The USA practically ruling the North American continent, and South America ruled by magic mutated beasts. The rest of the world began scrambling to set up defenses before the US invaded their own countries. With tensions high, war broke out all across the world, leading to what histories call World War 3."

Skipping over the battles, Rinte continued straight into the results of the war, not wanting to show Erina the scenes from the war.

"So when the fighting finally stopped, the world map had changed immensely. North America had turned into a complete nuclear wasteland, uninhabitable by any life. This happened because the coalition that was formed against the United States decided to sabotage several bomb storages, causing them to blow. However, once Johnson realized that he was going to lose the war, he decided to just take as many people with him as possible, so he just blew up most of North America, leaving only small areas untouched. Because of Johnson's drastic actions, most of the population in North America died, so now there are no people living in North or South America."

Hearing this Erina looked worried, but Rinte sat down next to her and calmed her down, distracting her with some other pictures and scenes.

Having soothed Erina, Rinte continued, "Europe at the outset of the war banded together, leading to the eventual fusion of the countries in Europe, into the European Coalition. Australia annexed islands until it became the People's Republic Of Australia. Asia on the other hand, where we live Erina, devolved completely into anarchy at one point during the war. We'll go more into detail of what happened during this time once you are older, but during this time, a warlord named Alexander Vladimirovich came into power, unifying the entire asian continent under his regime."

Listening to Rinte's lecture, Erina had been diligently filling out the little map that had been given to her, however there were two spaces in the Asia continent, not one. Seeing that Rinte was about to move on Erina quickly asked, "Rinte? What am I supposed to put for Asia? There are two spaces not one..."

Hearing the question, Rinte assured that Erina didn't need to put anything down yet, and that Erina will know later when to fill in Asia.

Having answered Erina's question, Rinte dove back into her lecture, "Now, moving onto Africa... Okay, got it. During the war, Africa was eventually swept into the conflict, which led to chaos across the entire continent. However, during the chaos, a strategic genius rose into power, eventually uniting Africa as a whole. To her though, uniting Africa wasn't enough, and through the rest of her life, she firmly established The Empire of Africa as one of the world powers. After the peace treaty was signed between the rest of the countries remaining after World War 3, they all decided to band together to form the United Nations, taking the name from an alliance from before the war."

Stopping for a second to drink some water, Rinte looked over to Erina only to see her admiring the view outside the window while the lesson was paused. Smiling softly at the child who loved the outdoors, yet couldn't go out much due to her body, Rinte walked over and patted her head a few times before walking back to the center of the room.

"Okay continuing on with the United Nations. So the United Nations set up their headquarters in the capital city of the Asian Regime. However, this would lead some massive problems later down the line, namely a war of succession. Because of this war of succession, the headquarters was obliterated, leading to the United Nations building a new floating headquarters in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The war of succession happened when Alexander Vladimirovich died, joining his wife in the afterlife. Thus leaving only the Prince and the Princess behind without naming an heir, thus, chaos broke out. The war of succession eventually just became a full blown war within the country, and when the dust settled, the siblings decided to call a peace treaty, and have the country split into two, the Yang Supremacy and the Yin Kingdom. In the end, the names were chosen due to how the two countries now ruling Asia looked like a yin yang symbol on the map."

Realizing that those were the two things to write in on the blanks, Erina quickly jotted them down before asking, "Rinte, Rinte, we live in the Yin Kingdom right?"

"Yup Erina, we live in the capital of the Yin Kingdom, the fortress city of Novosburg, a massive city 150 square kilometers in size." Rinte replied, happy to answer any questions that Erina had.

[AN: Novosburg is about 60 square miles for people who don't know kilometers]

Looking at the clock, Rinte spent some time going back and answering any questions that Erina had. Answering questions for 15 minutes, Rinte announced, "Okay Erina, History class is over for today. It's now time for the next class."

32