10: History
1k 6 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following week, Rinte returned to the mansion to give Erina her first lesson. Walking up to the door, Rinte side stepped several puddles from the previous nights rain.

'Hmm, she's a bright girl, her condition may cause her to be shunned by some of the more prideful families within the 17 pillars.' Rinte thought to herself, raising her arm to shield herself from the sun that was peeking out from behind some clouds, 'But I have heard that she and Yuiko became friends at a very young age, that's good. More so, I heard from that meathead Shinji that Yuiko is exceptionally talented physically...'

Knocking on the door, Rinte suddenly heard footsteps rushing towards the door.

*thump thump*

Almost pulling the door off the hinges, the door opened to reveal a breathless Miyuki smiling brightly, "Heyoo Rinte! Lemme get Erina real quick okay? Just go wait in the lesson room okay?"

Sighing in resignation, Rinte rebuked, "Miyuki! Did I not teach you when you were younger to be more formal in situations like these?! Where are your manners?"

"Ahaha, who cares anyway? It's fine right?" Laughed Miyuki before turning to go tell Erina to go to the lesson room.

Playing with Suzuki in her room, Erina was startled when she was grabbed from behind and tickled.

"Ahaha- S-stop it!!" Cried Erina seeing that it was her mother who had snuck up on her.

Stopping her tickle attack, Miyuki informed Erina that it was time for her first class, so she should make her way to the lesson room.

Hearing about Erina's lessons, Suzuki commented, "Oh? Have fun Erina! Rinte is a great teacher, you'll love it! But tell me when class is over okay? I haven't seen her since my classes ended a few months ago."

"Okay! Bye bye Suzuki, I'll see you later okay?" Responded Erina before running off towards the lesson room.

Sliding the door open, Erina was just as amazed as the first time she walked into the room. Marveling in amazement, Erina looked carefully around the room while greeting Rinte who was setting up for the day's lesson. Twisting her neck every direction possible, Erina examined every inch of the room while moving to sit in the chair and desk near the back of the room.

Looking out the spotless window that took up the entire wall on the opposite side of the door, Erina saw that it overlooked the backyard where numerous varieties of plants were growing. Turning to face the middle of the room, Erina saw that Rinte was deftly navigating the numerous holographic displays in the middle of the room, having already finished setting up the display that was on the wall opposite from Erina's sitting point.

Having marveled over the many devices in the room a little longer, Erina was pulled out of her amazement when Rinte clapped her hands a few times to signify the start of the lesson.

"Okay, okay, let me explain how this will work first of all before I get started okay Erina?" Rinte stated, eliciting a nod from Erina before continuing, "So the way I will teach you is that I will teach two subjects a day for one hour each 7 days a week. After that class will be over, seems like it's too little right? Well, since you are still young, the amount of class you will have will be very short, but once you get older, classes will be longer. Once you get to 7 years old, classes will be held at my house for 5 hours a day with other students that I teach okay?"

Hearing this Erina nodded, signifying that she understood before letting Rinte continue.

Receiving confirmation Rinte continued, "About the classes, I will be teaching you Arithmetic, History, Language Arts, and Magic Theory. The first lesson in each of these subjects will be a very general overview, before we'll go much further into detail in later classes."

Listening to Rinte's explanation a bit longer, Erina noted it down to review with Miyuki later.

Finishing her explanation, Rinte was proud of how Erina paid attention and prepared to begin the first lesson on history.

"So now that we finished the explanation, we'll now begin our first overview lesson on history okay?" Asked Rinte, checking to see if Erina was done taking notes.

"Hai! The first one is history right? I'm excited, Papa always told me some great stories about history!" Erina exclaimed, her face bursting with excitement.

"Well, it isn't just stories Erina, but while you learn under me until you are ten, we won't be covering some of the darker events, so don't worry okay?" Rinte replied, not wanting to disappoint Erina's expectations of history too much.

"It's okay! I like history anyway! I've read a lot of picture books about some history!" Erina replied, not at all damped in her excitement.

Sighing, Rinte decided to just continue on into the lesson.

"Okay, we'll start with some more basic information okay? I'll start with some of the more obvious things, to build a stage that I'll then present the history on." Rinte began, beginning to tell a magnificent tale to Erina, "So, we begin 20 years before the first year of the New Era, North America has a few main countries on it, namely, the USA, Canada, and Mexico, while South America has only a few countries left due to North American countries dumping much of their waste into the area, and the story starts on these two continents." Rinte explained, giving some background information to establish the setting.

"At this point, a major discovery was made in a famous University, the discovery of magic, or as many call it, the re-discovery of magic. With this discovery, countries around the world rushed to integrate this into their own technology to stay ahead or in many cases, keep up with the others. However, after a few years of experimenting, where most of the North American industrial giants dumped their waste into South America, South America became deserted. Most people chose to move to safer places, and those that remained being killed by beasts mutated from the higher magic content." Rinte continued, showing pictures of several beasts that now ruled South America.

Pausing after seeing that Erina was fascinated with the pictures of the beasts. Rinte continued, "Several years went by, until the USA fell from democracy, into tyranny, and that's when war broke out."

Looking at the time, Rinte suddenly realised that right now Erina should be having lunch, so she quickly paused everything, and told Erina that it was lunch time.

Unhappy with the sudden pause, but also hungry, Erina made her way downstairs to eat lunch with the rest of her family.

31