23: Haizaki Hanamiya
622 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[WARNING: There are strong language and mature themes in this chapter! I do not condone or advise the insults said or the actions taken during the chapter!]

Walking down the idyllic street, Erina mentioned, "Hey Yuiko? Are you excited about the upcoming magic test next week?"

Nodding her head, Yuiko asked, "Yup I'm excited, but did you hear about the news about how what's his name Nijima lost control of his magic?"

Waiting at an intersection, Erina replied, "Yeah that seems scary! But Suzuki told me that the United Nations created a training program for people with complex elements to prevent another incident like this."

"En, I also heard about that being a thing. Do you think you'll be chosen?" Yuiko asked while clasping Erina's hand.

Following Yuiko like a duckling following its mother, Erina answered, "I'm not sure, I think I have a good chance of making it in, because Suzuki had a complex element, and I have my condition of mine."

Slowing down once they crossed the intersection, Yuiko added, "Yeah that's true, you'll probably make it. I think I'll also make it, Shousuke did have a complex element, and both my parents have one too."

Leaning closer to Yuiko, Erina sighed, "I hope that if one of us makes it the other does as well. You're like my only friend. I'd miss you if we were separated."

Chuckling, Yuiko replied, "Yeah that's true, we pretty much are our only friends. I would also miss you if we were separated, but I think as children of the 17 pillar families, we'll both make it in easily."

Yuiko and Erina walked in silence for a bit, enjoying each other's presence when they arrived at the clothing shop.

"So this is the place?" Erina asked, looking at the gargantuan shop in front of them.

"Yup this is the place, it's pretty fancy right?" Yuiko replied, opening the door for Erina to enter the shop.

Walking in, both Erina and Yuiko stiffened, at the check-out counter they could see a boy yelling obscenities at a worker.

"Who the FUCK do you think you are? Rejecting my card?" The boy yelled, spit flying everywhere out of his mouth.

Wiping the spit off his face, the store cashier replied in a calm tone, "Sir, it isn't me who is rejecting your card, it's the machine. So please either use another card or put back the clothes please."

Getting angrier and angrier, the boy replied, "Do you know who I am? I'm the first child of the Hanamiya family, Haizaki Hanamiya! I am ABOVE you! How dare you talk like this to me!"

Realizing that Haizaki was smearing the reputation of the 17 pillar families, Yuiko and Erina jogged over and confronted Haizaki.

Putting her hand on Haizaki's shoulder, Erina interrupted, "Haizaki stop! You shouldn't treat people like this! The 17 families are supposed to be role models!"

Turning around in fury, Haizaki pushed Erina's hand off his shoulder and shoved her into the nearby register as hard as he could, yelling, "Who the FUCK are you?! Get out of my face commoner dirt! You have no power over me! I could do anything I wanted to you! I could rape or murder you if I wanted!"

Seeing that Haizaki was walking closer to Erina, Yuiko rushed in and punched Haizaki in the gut, "Now who do you think you are? Going around insulting people like this?"

Seeing another person join the argument, one who punched him in the gut, Haizaki's anger rose to another level, "I can do whatever I want! I'm part of the Hanamiya Family, while you lot are just commoners!"

Facepalming, Yuiko questioned, "Do you even know who I am?"

His expression morphing into disgust Haizaki replied, "No? Why should I? Bitch, you're just a commoner!"

Smirking, Yuiko replied, "Well you should know me, and you should know Erina over there, because we aren't commoners, we are other children from the 17 pillar families!"

Shocked, Haizaki stuttered, "N-no you a-aren't! Y-you're lying! P-prove it, tell me w-what families you are from!"

Answering from next to Yuiko, Erina stated, "I'm Erina Noragi, second daughter from the Noragi family of the 17 Pillars."

Giving Haizaki a smug look, Yuiko added, "I'm Yuiko Mitsuya, second daughter from the Mitsuya family of the 17 Pillars."

His face morphing into horror, Haizaki picked up his stuff and ran, yelling, "I'll remember this bitches! I'll get my revenge, I'll destroy you! So wait for your retribution! Especially you, Mitsuya bitch!"

With his cheesy declaration, Haizaki slammed the door shut and bolted down the street, leaving his order at the register in the store.

"Well, I must thank you ladies for helping me get out of that situation." The cashier remarked, bowing towards Erina and Yuiko, "Don't worry about Mr. Hanamiya's order, I'll make sure the clothes get put back in the right places."

Chatting a bit with the cashier, Yuiko and Erina walked deeper into the store to buy their clothes.

"Ne, Erina that was pretty scary right?" Yuiko mentioned, letting out a sigh of relief now that they were alone.

Nodding her head in affirmation, Erina added, "You did great though, but yeah that was scary..."

Smiling, Yuiko replied, "Hey, you also did great, you were the one who stepped up first!"

-------------

Putting the confrontation out of their minds, Yuiko and Erina spent the rest of the afternoon shopping, if only a little disturbed from the event.

"Thank you for accompanying me today Yuiko!" Thanked Erina, bowing to Yuiko, "This is where we go in opposite directions I'm pretty sure, so see you another time!"

Giggling, Yuiko replied, "Thank you too! I had a blast today! We should do this more often okay?"

Spreading her arms, Yuiko added, "Hey you want to hug before we go off in our directions?"

Nodding, Erina moved a bit closer and hugged Yuiko, resting her head on Yuiko's shoulder, "Today was kind of scary..."

Patting Erina's back, Yuiko agreed, "Yeah today was quite an experience... we should probably tell our Moms about this, they probably have some experience with this type of stuff."

Agreeing, Erina let go and waved goodbye before walking back towards home.

Seeing Erina walk-off, Yuiko waved goodbye, covertly watching Erina, ensuring that she was walking in the right direction.

24