24: Dinner
673 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Returning home, Erina rushed towards her Mom's room to tell her the events of the day.

"Mama, are you busy right now? I wanna tell you about what I did today with Yuiko!" Asked Erina, poking her head through the door into the kitchen.

Turning her head, Miyuki replied, "Sure! I'd love to hear about it during dinner, just give me a second to finish cooking this dish okay?"

Nodding, Erina shouted, "En!" Before running off towards her own room.

Finishing the last dish, Miyuki sighed, "Why do I have a bad feeling about this..."

Laying out the various dishes on the dining table, Miyuki began her expedition to find the rest of the family to call them for dinner. Starting with Garret, Miyuki walked to Garret's weekend office, sliding open the door only to see a nest of papers with a person in the middle.

"Garret? You okay in there? It's time for dinner by the way!" Miyuki called, wondering if Garret could even hear her in this mess of a room.

Brightening up at the sound of dinner, Garret jumped out of his seat as if it were on fire, joining Miyuki right as she was about to leave the room.

Hugging Miyuki from behind, Garret murmured, "Thanks for covering my turn for cooking today, it allowed me to get through a lot of the extra paperwork I was given."

Surprised from the sudden whisper in her ear, Miyuki jumped a bit before answering, "It's fine, we both know how much of a douche some of the higher-ups are at work. But how about you go get Suzuki while I get Erina to pay me back?"

Nodding, Garret replied, "Sure thing, I'll get Suzuki to the table immediately!" before kissing Miyuki and walking in the other direction towards Suzuki's room.

Blushing a bit, Miyuki continued on, making her way towards Erina's room. Seeing Erina reading a book, Miyuki decided to sneak up on her and attack!

"W-w-wait aha n-no Mama haha stop!" Erina cried, once again under a tickle attack from her mom.

"Okay! Well Erina I was just coming to tell you that dinner is ready." Miyuki exclaimed, happy about her successful attack, "During dinner, you can tell us about what happened okay? We all want to hear what you and Yuiko did."

Closing her book, Erina climbed out of bed while clutching her sides to guard against another tickle attack. Putting her book on the desk while keeping her eyes on Miyuki who was standing nearby with a twinkle in her eye, Erina commented, "I know you want to tickle me right now, but it isn't happening. I know that expression that says, 'I'm gonna tickle you right when you aren't looking' so don't."

Pouting, Miyuki replied, "Well you're just no fun, Erina. I was just having some fun."

Sighing, Erina responded, "Come on, let's just go eat dinner, I bet Suzuki and Garret are probably already there."

Walking down to the dinner table, Erina saw Suzuki and Garret chatting while waiting for Miyuki and her to arrive.

Seeing that Erina had come, Suzuki ran over putting Erina in a bear hug, "How was it? I want to hear about everything you did okay? Did you and Yuiko do anything 'fun'~?"

Being smushed into Suzuki's chest, Erina began hitting Suzuki's back, "Mmpphhh! MMPPHH! I can't breathe!!"

Letting Erina go, Suzuki apologized, "Oh sorry Erina. I didn't mean to hug you so hard!"

Listening to Suzuki apologize for her breast size, Erina just looked down at her chest and muttered, "What happened... Mama has pretty large breasts, Suzuki has pretty large breasts... and I just have a runway... is it because of my condition?..."

Sitting down at the table to begin eating dinner, Erina started telling the rest of the family what she had done that day, "So at first we met up at the front of the street, you know where the statue is, and then we started by going to this new cake shop that Shousuke found. When we got there, I ordered two slices of strawberry cake and a cup of milk tea, while Yuiko ordered one slice of blueberry cake and a cup of water."

Interrupting Erina, Suzuki sighed, "I forget every time that you each have so much cake!"

Agreeing, Miyuki added, "It's everyone's dream to eat as much cake as Erina and not get fat..."

Eating a bite of dinner, Garret stated, "I never get this whole argument, maybe it's just because I don't like sweets that much that I don't understand..."

Giggling at the reactions of Suzuki and Miyuki, Erina continued, "So while Yuiko and I were eating, we spent some time catching up with each other. While chatting I also found out that apparently Shousuke has been training almost twice as much now, and wow that's impressive since he already trained his body a ridiculous amount."

Spending a minute or two to continue eating, Erina went on, "After Yuiko and I went to the cake shop, we decided to go shopping for some clothes. Also, that's why I brought back a bag full of dresses because I didn't find any of the other choices appealing."

Pausing for a second, Erina added, "Oh yeah, I also learned some more information about that Nijima accident where the kid lost control of his magic. Yuiko told me that he wasn't carrying his focus with him, which meant that the focus wasn't there to regulate and uncontrolled magic that he was releasing."

Pondering Erina's words for a second, Garret answered, "Yeah... it would make sense if that were the case. I just don't know why someone wouldn't be carrying around their focus though... like it allows you to cast spells, it makes sure that your magic stays under control, and you can even use it to look up stuff on the internet if needed! Plus it's a United Nations law that magicians must have their focus with them at all times."

Saying that everyone went back to eating dinner while chatting about some inconsequential topics.

 

24