37: The 17 Commandments (1)
642 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
These chapters are going to be kinda slow... I just had fun making these characters so I wanna introduce them all... it'll slowly get faster though~

Walking up to the podium, the tall man cleared his throat a few times before speaking, "Welcome students... my name is Jabari Solarin, the head of security at this academy..."

Changing the slide, Jabari continued, "The United Nations has taken extensive steps to ensure the safety of every single student on campus, investing heavily in various different security systems."

Pausing for a little, Jabari switched the slide before explaining, "This academy has a few major security systems. The first one I would like to mention is cameras, throughout the campus, there is meticulous coverage in all but the most private and restricted areas. This security camera web is monitored by a team of hired professionals."

Sighing, Jabari transitioned to the next slide, "The second security system I would like to mention is our team of guards. Throughout the entire campus, we have a large network of guards patrolling 24/7. This network of guards can be alerted from a special distress button on the wearable terminal that you will find in your dorm room."

Fixing his posture, Jabari continued, "I won't take up to much of your time by explaining the other less important security systems, so I'll let the President take over once again."

Striding up to the podium once again, Edgar began, "I would like to thank Jabari for his speech, however, I see that worry is still apparent on several of your faces. Thus, I would like to introduce you to a special group of people that will hopefully quell the last of your fears. So... introducing THE 17 COMMANDMENTS!!"

After Edgar's shouting, another area of the stage was lit up, revealing 17 seats, with a microphone sitting on each one. Murmuring voices could be heard throughout the hall, forgetting that shouldn't be talking right now.

Turning to Yuiko, Erina whispered, "It's them, right? The famous organization created by the United Nations consisting of the strongest magicians from various different categories!"

Leaning closer to Erina, Yuiko replied, "I think so! I wonder if they'll be wearing their trademark masks here! Because of their masks, no one actually knows their identities!"

Clearing his throat, the president continued, "Every year, the 17 commandments come to participate in the orientation for new students. Furthermore, throughout the year, several of the commandments will be on campus doing their own thing, whether it's training or researching. Additionally, throughout the year, some of the commandments may hold a small training camp over the weekend, so I encourage each student to join if they want!"

Waiting for the excited whispers to die down, the president announced, "So... Welcoming the first of the commandments! The commandment of lightning... The Thunderstorm!"

Following the president's yelling, a stream of sparks exploded on stage, revealing a tall figure after a few seconds. Adjusting his lightning themed mask, the man walked over to a seat and plopped down onto it before introducing himself.

"Hello, students! Welcome!" The man exclaimed before pausing, "I don't know what else I'm supposed to say... hm... Oh, might as well mention, but don't worry about the numbers in the commandments... it's just the order that each position was originally created in..."

Seeing that Thunderstorm was done introducing himself, the Edgar continued, "For the next commandment... the commandment of ice... The Blizzard!"

Before the president even finished his introduction, snowflakes could be seen floating towards the stage from several directions. Forming into a person, the remaining snowflakes exploded to form a pair of wings behind the posing woman, forming a majestic image.

Looking at the elaborate entrance, Thunderstorm complained, "Now I feel that my entrance was poorly done! Did you need to go that far Bliz?"

Walking over to her seat, Blizzard replied, "Yeah, I wanted to show you up after all..."

Adjusting her chair a bit, Blizzard faced the students before beginning, "Hello students! I'm Blizzard, the commandment that represents expertise in ice-related magic and ice bending. Thun forgot to mention, but he is as well. I'll be on campus for the entire school year so I look forward to seeing you around campus."

"Harrumph! It was merely a tactical mistake," Thunder chimed in, annoyed that Blizzard was poking fun at him, "Don't act all high and mighty! I know you make mistakes too!"

Chuckling Blizzard replied, "But I practiced enough to not make mistakes here~"

Seeing that the two commandments were about to start arguing, Edgar announced the next commandment, "The third commandment, the commandment of lava... The Volcano!"

Following Edgar's announcement, several illusionary lava serpents flew to the center of the stage, coiling around each other, only to explode to reveal a bowing figure. After exploding, the illusionary serpents dispersed into a cloud of butterflies, flying away in all directions.

Leaning over to Erina, Yuiko whispered, "Amazing... I didn't even know that these introductions were possible with magic!"

Nodding, Erina replied, "I know! It's unbelievable! They are doing amazing magic just for an introduction!"

Sitting down in his seat, Volcano was bombarded by the other two commandments already present.

"Wow... of course, you got to show us up! Try-hard~" Thunder complained, a smile lingering on his face, "Always uptight, but also a try-hard!"

Snickering at Thunder's teasing, Blizzard chimed in, "You're so rude~ I tried so hard on my introduction too~"

Sighing, Volcano picked up his microphone and began his introduction, "Hello students, as you can see, I am Volcano, the commandment of lava! It's nice to see the faces of the future generation!"

Looking over at the other two commandments, Volcano continued, "Though I'm sure it's easy to see that the 17 commandments aren't as mystical as they are made out to be... we are all human after all."

Poking Yuiko in the side, Erina whispered, "I think I'm going to try and train with Blizzard throughout the year! Who are you going to try and train with?"

Thinking it over for a second, Yuiko replied, "I dunno yet... I'll wait and see the others before making a choice I think..."

Hallo~ Thanks for reading!
You know... Blizzard takes a lot of inspiration from Ajest, the magic knight from A Returners Magic Should Be Special...
(I don't know if that's the exact name, but it's something similar...)
I had a lot of fun making these characters... so Erina might not show up to much during the whole introduction scene...
But there's a Hisoka type character though~ (But he's like... you know... not such a pedo in this book... and not obsessed with killing them later...)

21