38: The 17 Commandments (2)
564 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Introducing the next commandment, Edgar began, "For our next commandment... the commandment of metal, Metallurgy!"

Creating a metal cocoon and breaking his way out, Metallurgy sat down while complaining, "This intro thing is totally against me! My title is way more boring than all of yours! It's Metallurgy for god's sake! While yours are all cool, like Thunder, Blizzard, and Volcano!"

Snicking, Thunder replied, "Well... sucks to be you~! Hah! I bet I'm winning right now!"

Bonking Volcano on the head, Blizzard rebuked, "I wouldn't be so sure Thunder, from what I heard some of the other commandments are planning team introductions."

Spinning around, Thunder cried, "Whaaaaaat?!?! How come I wasn't informed of this?!"

Nodding, Volcano answered, "That's why I put so much effort into my introduction sequence because the others decided to form some teams."

Watching the arguing commandments on stage, Erina murmured, "I thought that they would be more you know... dignified than this..."

Also surprised by the antics of the commandments, Yuiko added, "Yeah... you would think with all the mystery surrounding the commandments that they would be you know... mature, yeah mature..."

Watching the commandments and their antics on the stage, Erina waited for the next commandment to be called.

Sighing after the commandments stopped talking, Edgar continued, "Now we move onto the commandments that govern over specific fighting styles... let me introduce the Martial Artists! The Brawler and the Warrior!"

Appearing in a large cloud of smoke, a bare-chested man spread, creating an illusionary tiger behind him before backflipping off to the side. Landing in a relaxed manner, a black-haired muscular woman sent an illusionary falcon soaring above the heads of the students before walking over to the bare-chested man.

Sending his illusionary tiger to meet the falcon mid-air, the man introduced himself, "I am the Brawler! Master of western-style martial arts!"

Directing her falcon to meet the tiger, the woman began her introduction, "I am the Warrior! Master of eastern style martial arts!"

Finishing her introduction, the Warrior and Brawler faced the students and shouted, "Welcome to the academy!"

Following their welcome, the two animals exploded into particles of light, raining down onto the students below.

Trying to catch some of the sparkles, Erina whispered, "Wow... that was an amazing introduction! Those two are amazing!"

Nodding in agreement, Yuiko had a wide grin on her face while replying, "The little fight scene that they made with the animals was like a little movie!"

Leaning onto the back of her chair, Erina was enraptured as she watched the rest of the commandments appear.

The Gladiator, a master of the sword, stepped out of a cocoon of swords, disintegrating the cocoon after he stepped out.

The Ninja walked out from the middle of the crowd, causing many students to curse about how they didn't spot her before.

The Healer descended in a shower of light, casting a large healing spell over the room.

Basking in the warmth the spell provided, Erina murmured, "I feel like my aches are fading... I think this is one of the healing spells in the fire category...?"

Looking at the lingering glow around the room, Yuiko replied, "Yeah, I think so... the spell does have that reddish-pink hue to it..."

"So could you learn it Yuiko?" Erina asked, "You do have a good affinity for Lava..."

Shaking her head, Yuiko answered, "No I don't think I could learn this spell, it is one of the top-level healing spells... and I'm not fit for that school of magic."

Nodding, Erina replied, "Oh yeah, I forgot that healing is one of the external schools of magic... maybe I could learn it...?"

Bonking Erina on the head, Yuiko responded, "No you can't! Healing is one of the branches under enchantment! Pretty much all of my affinity in enchantment is in body enhancement, but at least I have some affinity for all the schools of enchantment. You have literally 0% affinity for enchantment! Did you forget that?"

Pouting Erina replied, "I was just testing you! Hmph! Of course, I remembered!"

Patting Erina on the head, Yuiko chuckled, "Sure you did~" Before focusing back onto the stage.

--------

Meanwhile, on stage...

Blizzard was chatting with Metallurgy, "Damn, some of the students entering this year have monstrous magic power..."

Leaning back into his seat, Metallurgy replied, "Yeah, especially because they don't know how to reign in their magic yet... you know that one table? The one where all 5 students are just pillars of magic power?"

Nodding, Blizzard replied, "They all seem to be promising magicians."

"Especially those two girls~" Blizzard continued, beginning to squirm in her seat, "Oh to be young again! So young and innocent! Unaware of your feelings!"

Facepalming, Metallurgy turned to the two martial artists and asked, "Can I join your conversation? Bliz is doing the thing again..."

Nodding in understanding, Warrior asked, "Again? Hah... you think she would reign it in during an event like this... Sure, we're just discussing the fastest way to cross a mountain. Do you think it would be faster to scale it? Or to just brute force your way through it?"

"Only you two would consider brute-forcing your way through... well maybe some others," Metallurgy sighed, "Well I think..."

--------

Bolting up straight, Erina whispered, "Yuiko, I felt like someone was watching me..."

Unconcerned, Yuiko pointed towards the stage and replied, "Well it doesn't matter, does it? Like the 17 commandments are right there."

Sighing, Erina agreed, "Yeah you're right..." Before continuing to watch the spectacle on stage.

The Musician, appearing in a colorful explosion, played a short melody, soothing everyone in the room.

The Shaman appeared in an explosion of particles, stunning most of the audience when she transformed into a human from the bird that the Warrior was carrying on her shoulder.

Seeing the Shaman appear, Erina pondered, "I feel like I've seen her before... Do you recognize her Yuiko?"

Also staring at the familiar figure on stage, Yuiko replied, "I don't recognize her... but she's definitely someone that I've met with..."

Nodding, Erina complained, "If only we could see their faces. I bet then I would recognize her!"

"But isn't that what the mask is for, Erina?" Yuiko answered, "But yeah... that mask definitely does something. Because it only covers the eyes, yet we can't identify her!"

Hallo~ Thanks for reading!
Please give a comment or a rating!
I've been doing pretty well~ but my summer homework is creeping up on me...
I don't wanna do it! I wanna procrastinate!
(;¬_¬)

19