Prologue
4.4k 5 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Years ago, a hero with a radical mindset was summoned to a new world to help defeat the Demons and Beastmen races. With the help of the Elves and Dwarfs, the humans finally defeated the Demons and Beastmen. In the aftermath, the Humans subjugated the defeated races and took control of most of their resources and forced their population to pay heavy taxes.

Once the Demon and Beastmen race was under control, the humans plotted against the Elves and Dwarfs, who battled alongside them. First, they poisoned the great Forest of the Elves, weakening their connection to the spirits and making it possible for them to kidnap and enslave some Elves kin.

After the Humans’ plot got exposed, the Elves retreated into their forest and erected a powerful barrier, allowing only the high-ranking Elves and trusted friends to enter and leave.

At the same time, the Dwarfs were dealt heavy blows one after another. Their land that the Dwarfs desperately fought for never got returned to them. The small amount of land they had maintained also got stripped away from them by the humans, forcing them into mountain wastelands.

The heaviest of blows to them was the fact that the same weapons and tools that they had made, with their blood, sweat and tears, were used to force them out of their homeland.

But while they were in those desolate mountains, they found a sliver of hope. They discovered many new types of metals, many with unique properties that allowed them to create a multitude of new weapons and tools.

With their newly created weapons, the Dwarfs had enough power to recover bits and pieces of the land that surrounded the mountains. Although their power had increased, it was still not enough to deal with the sheer number of humans. So they spent their days creating, refining, and researching lost artifacts with the hopes of further increasing their power and reclaiming their lost lands.

The primary catalyst of this turn of events was the hero and the king that summoned him. They were essentially a two-headed hydra, complementing each other’s ferocious demeanor towards anything not human. The king favored the hero so much that he married his only daughter to him, breaking off her previous engagement.

The ritual used to summon the hero was unusual. It could only be used once every 125 years by people with royal blood who had abnormally high mana. Any other attempt would cause the immediate death of the summoner. Another side effect of performing the ritual would be a price the summoner would have to pay. Previous summoners lost their sight, the ability to use magic or became insane on rare occasions. The cost the king paid to summon this hero was his ability to produce children, leaving him with only his one daughter since his three sons had died, two of them on the battlefield and one through assassination. With the death of his last son, the king risked it all and performed the Hero Summoning Ritual.

Summoned Heroes were not only blessed with heightened physical and magical abilities but also with a unique talent, which the people of that world called Divergent abilities. The hero that the king summoned was gifted with mastery over all elements, allowing him to learn magic from all elements. Unlike other mages and knights that were restricted to a single element, this earned the summoned hero the nickname Elemental Tyrant.

Another summoned hero could bring words to life with his fingertips. 

The abilities of the summoned heroes would differ from person to person, some being powerful while others useless.

Several decades later, the hero was killed in a last-ditch effort by the remaining forces of the late demon king. Under the command of his son, they attacked the hero, who was traveling. With his last breath, the hero summoned a giant tempest, annihilating all of them. So even though they killed the hero, the price they paid was their lives. The son of the demon king was the only survivor out of 10,000 soldiers that attacked that day.

To this very day, the storm that the hero summoned still violently twisted and turned in an area that later would be called Tempest Keep.

Throughout his life, the hero had done many outrageous things, many of them mirroring the mass genocide that took place in his homeworld. He set up unfair laws and practices that would discriminate and degrade the defeated races for many years to come.

Even after his death, his children would continue to use the same methods taught by the fallen hero, extending the cycle of hatred for many generations.

60