chapter 9 – wild ‘ally?’ appeared
57 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's note: Sorry for the delay guys if you've even been waiting. I had a couple of online tests this week. I’ll try to keep 2 chapters/week for this covid period at least. Leave a like or a comment if you enjoyed it. Any suggestions and criticism is appreciated.

(Authur's Pov)

"Can I get some water, Boss."

A small hooded figure asked the poor Santa looking tavern-keeper over the counter.

"sure, sweety! But what's a kid doing in a tavern alone? Where're your parents?"

The girl removed her hood and said,

"Just because I'm small doesn't mean I'm young! Be with the times, boss! I'm already 22 this year."

Her name was Luna; she barely reached the top of the high counter due to her 5'1 height. She also had a small frame and petite breasts, but they fit her ideally.

"Ohh...such a rare sight it is. Did you color your hair? Nah... they look natural. WOW!"

She had dark golden hair tied in a bun, and a little part above her forehead was even bright green. It was indeed quite rare to see someone with two different hair colors, even in this world.

"Umm yeah, it's natural, always has been. Anyway, what do you have for food, mister? I'm starving!"

"So... for food, we have some pork stew, some rye bread, fresh cream, and today's fresh milk. what do you want?"

"Of course, give me some of everything. hehe!"

"excellent appetite, little miss, hohoho... go sit over there, here's your water. "

'What a cute little girl' thought the tavern keeper. She was not a little girl; she was 22 years old and had an adorable face: big eyes, small mouth, and a small pointy nose.

Luna walked to the table and sat down, and she put up her hood again because she didn't like strangers staring at her hair. She took out a rolled parchment and unrolled it on the table as she waited for the food to arrive.

A man walked past her and walked up to the tavern keeper.

"Hey, can I get some water?"

The keeper looked at the guy and seemed very annoyed.

"you'll get water if you buy something."

But the man had no money...

"oh... I'm not hungry. umm... so I'll go now..."

" Sigh... Do you not have money?"

The guy nods. The keeper brings out a jug of water and hands it to the guy.

"here.... but listen, boy, you look old enough. Do you even work? You have to be responsible, you know. Young people these days..."

"Hehe... yes... Thank you for the water."

The guy drank some water, returned the jug, and went to sit at an empty table by the door, three tables away from Luna. It was Ryu.

From his previous encounter with old man Zarsh, he was semi-confident that the situation perfectly fits a novel setting. This hooded figure had to be the 'Wild ally appeared' character.

'So I have to tail around this person till there's some situation where I help them somehow, and we become inseparable going forward.'

'WOW!!! Damn! This wild ally really turned out to be a girl and a beautiful one at that. Thank you so much Author sama, I promise to do legendary stuff in the future.'

Calm The F down Ryu. He can't hear me, btw.

So Ryu just sat by the table and stared at Luna, trying to be inconspicuous and failing miserably.

Luna was peering down on the parchment, which was a map of the holy Manschrod kingdom. They were currently in Anfaang. A medium-sized town about west of The capital. She was murmuring about something, trying to figure out her route.

The food came, and to Ryu, it looked surprisingly tasty for medieval cuisine.

There was some hot pork stew with carrots, peas, potato, softened rye bread, fresh cream on the side, and milk. Being Indian, Ryu was not used to seeing such heavy meals for breakfast, But he got over it instantly due to the stew's rich aroma.

Ryu just felt sad that he didn't ask Bruno for money and then realized no matter what he does from now on, he will need money to live and he didn't want to be dependent on Bruno.

After a while, Luna got up, paid the keeper in some bronze looking coins, and left the tavern.

Ryu got up as soon as Luna went out the door, and followed her out. But when he got out, he couldn't see where she went.

As he is looking here and there trying to find Luna, he is startled by a dagger to his throat. It was Luna.

"How did you find me? Who else knows?" Luna shouted.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! I don't know what you're talking about. No one sent me."

"Stop Lying! No average person would be roaming around in this clothing at this time of the day. Tell the truth, or I'll kill you right now."

"Please no!! I'm serious! I don't know you! umm.... yeah.. I was just curious about your beautiful hair."

She seemed to believe him slightly and let go of him.

"you should be careful of who you're staring at," she said. She only let Ryu go because she sensed that he wasn't that strong.

 "Haha yeah... I'm sorry for scaring you like that. But you seem pretty fast, how did you do it? Are you a hidden commander or something? Forget all that! You're leaving this town, right? me too but in the evening, why don't we go together?"

"hmu hmu... Could you please shut the fuck up? How much do you even speak?"

"Ah... I'm sorry, I got too excited because of how cute you are."

"Stop! No use hitting on me. As you said, yeah I'm leaving town and now I'll not go with you."

"I'm not hitting on you, but We have to go together, please!"

"No way! going by your soul essence you seem like barely a single-core mage, I don't want to be responsible for someone weak like that."

"Don't worry I have a pretty strong bodyguard."

"Yeah... sure, you're totally not saying that just to hitch a ride with me. Do you even know where I'm going? It's not a place for someone like you."

"Believe me! I really have a fantastic bodyguard. And I think I'm destined to go with you."

"Hahahaha... sure destiny boy. But no, I have to leave now. Bye bye"

She said that and disappeared from there in a blink.

'Damn, I have to learn how to do that. I have to say I'm surprised, and I thought She would indeed be my comrade. I guess not? Well she did look a bit young, especially in the chest area.'

It was now around the afternoon. Ryu roamed around and was thinking of going back to the inn when he bumped into Bruno.

"Hello!! Mister Bruno! "

"Hello. And just call me Bruno okay?"

"sure. so Bruno according to you I'm some chosen being right?"

"Of course. Many people have sacrificed a lot, and you have the solemn responsibility to fulfill those expectations."

"Yeah yeah!! I got that! but what i mean is you're like my guide and guardian right?"

"Yes! It is a great responsi--"

Ryu stops him in the middle, "Yeah! just listen for a second, will you. I'm hugry. Some old man gave me a couple of sandwiches but I'm still hungry."

"Of course!! Even if you can probably withstand it now much more easily now, you must be hungry. your body went through quite a change when you manifested your core."

"Yeah you still didn't explain what that means exactly. I need to know and get stronger."

Bruno looked up, and the sun was high in the sky. There was a slight breeze, and the open blue skies looked refreshing.

"Okay. Today's a pleasant day. Let's go eat something and then we can go out in the forest and start your training."

At the start, Ryu didn't trust Bruno. He was suspicious of this monstrous man, who expected unreasonable things from Ryu. But in the last couple of days, Bruno only gave a feeling of a big cuddly bear. It might sound like a Stockholm syndrome case, but Ryu had begun to trust this big fella.

Bruno headed towards one of the taverns, not the one Ryu was in before. So Ryu Stopped him,

"Hey stop! let's go to the other tavern I heard they have a delicious pork stew there."

"Hahaha... fine. whatever you say mister chosen one." Bruno started to tease Ryu a bit.

 "Hm... It's a bit cringy but not bad. I'm fine with that."

"It's a what?"

"Nevermind. onwards to stew."

Ryu went forward, and Bruno followed. They went in the tavern, and this time Ryu confidently walks up to the keeper and asks for a bit of everything. Bruno Asks for the same.

They finish the meal, which was as tasty as the aroma dictated. Even thou a vegetarian Diet is more prevalent in India, Ryu liked meat and had been eating it for as long as he could remember. The taste of the stew was different than any Ryu had eaten; while not many spices had been used, the pork had a deep taste by itself and was of excellent quality. Ryu wondered how does a small tavern like this has access to such high-quality pork.

They finished the meals and headed off towards the forest area close to the inn they were staying at. Ryu felt revitalized and stronger than ever after the meal, and the weather also helped quite a bit.

In time Bruno emerges as the most important man to Ryu in this other world. He is like a big brother, not too sharp but responsible, reliable, and caring nonetheless.

4