6. Recuperating (2)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Ning was stunned to see her brother heated up water. “Brother, do you want to take a bath again?”

They usually only heated up water when they wanted to take a bath. As for drinking, they had water from well. Sometimes, they heated it up first while at other time they were just too lazy to heat it up.

From what Ye Ning remembered, her brother had already taken a bath early in the morning. After all, Ye Lei needed to head to the river to fish again.

“It’s for that man.”

“What do you mean, Brother?”

Ye Lei scratched the back of his head. “Didn’t you say that when your throat is uncomfortable, you would want to drink warm water?”

“That’s true, but I think he needs some medicine,” Ye Ning remarked. From the way Xiao Ren looked like, he might have accidentally wounded his throat, which made him unable to speak.

“There’s no medicine here, Ning’er.”

“I know, Brother.”

Ye Lei waited for the water to be warm enough, but not to the point it boiled. He returned back with a glass of water in his hand and handed it to Xiao Ren. “Just drink this. I don’t know what else that might be able to help you regain your voice.”

Xiao Ren nodded and drank the water. It was warm and more comfortable than the cold water. However, he was also not sure whether it would help him to regain his voice again or not.

He hoped that it would be.

After handing the glass of water, Ye Lei walked out of the room. He had already finished changing the bandage on Xiao Ren’s body, so it was time for him to work again. There were still a lot of things that he needed to do.

Ye Ning walked inside and looked at Xiao Ren with a smile. “Do you feel any better? Don’t try to strain yourself. Come on, time to eat.”

‘I can eat by myself.’

Xiao Ren genuinely wanted to say that to Ye Ning, but she had already scooped the porridge to help him eat again. Once more, Xiao Ren had to bear as Ye Ning took care of him.

After eating, Xiao Ren basically didn’t have anything to do. Ye Ning told him that she wanted to tend to the vegetable garden that she had, so Xiao Ren walked over to the belongings that he had.

The armor was completely soaked in mud. The metal plating was unclear, but it should be easy to recognize it as an armor. It was known that only soldiers would only wear metal armor, but some guards in village also wore metal armor. Unless it was cleaned, no one would realize that it was actually the armor of a commander.

Xiao Ren let the armor be in that place as he took the bundle. Looking at the mud that stained the bundle, his face darkened. He still remembered that he brought some money with him along with his sword sheath. Right now, it was completely unrecognizable as it was combined with mud.

Ye Lei and Ye Ning must have not cleaned it because they didn’t want to pry into his business. They didn’t want to get tempted by what he might had.

He took out a few coins that was already combined with mud as he dragged his body outside the house. He had never walked out of the house before, so he was curious as to where he was.

Unfortunately, Ye Ning returned back to the room when she saw him walked out.

“What are you doing coming out again?” Ye Ning felt helpless when she saw him walked out again. “Do you want your wound to reopen?”

Xiao Ren shook his head. He showed his hand and then made washing hands motion. Ye Ning instantly understood and then helped Xiao Ren to walk out.

“What makes your hand so dirty like this?” Ye Ning asked in confusion.

‘My belongings.’

However, Xiao Ren was still unable to answer because he still can’t find his voice at all. He felt despair at the thought that he wouldn’t be able to speak again. How can he communicate if he can’t speak?

“Stay here.”

As Ye Ning pushed the door open, she pointed to the tree stump that was located near the door. Xiao Ren could guess that it was used as a chair, so he sat down while Ye Ning walked to the right side.

His eyes scanned the courtyard. It was an ordinary house as he had guessed, located in the middle of nowhere. There were a lot of trees in the surrounding, but he couldn’t find any other village houses nearby. There was only a road in front of the house, but Xiao Ren couldn’t be sure where it headed to.

Not long afterwards, Ye Ning returned back with a basin of water. She must have taken the water from the well because Ye Xiao could see that there was a well not far from the house.

“Here.”

Splash!

Xiao Ren stiffened a bit when he felt Ye Ning washed his hand. Her soft and small hand was touching his own hand as dirt and mud was washed along with the water. Soon, bronze color began to appear on Xiao Ren’s hand.

“That’s…”

As the mud was cleaned up, there were two bronze knives on Xiao Ren’s hand. Looking at the amount, Xiao Ren furrowed his brows. It seemed that he had accidentally picked some rocks because he thought that it was the bronze knives.

He truly needed to clean up his bag.

Xiao Ren extended his hand and put the two bronze knives in Ye Ning’s hand. The girl was still shocked speechless at the amount of money she had in her hand. Her large and beautiful eyes fluttered as she stared at the two bronze knives.

“This…”

Xiao Ren pointed to Ye Ning.

“No, this is too much, how can I…”

However, Xiao Ren pushed Ye Ning’s hand lightly as if saying that she worth that money. He didn’t bring a lot of money with him, but there should be still a few bronze knives that he brought.

He got a lot of money because of his achievement in war, so it was nothing much for him. There were much more in his home back at the North as he only brought a few with him. Besides, he knew that it was much more valuable for people who lived in village because they usually still used trade system.

Ye Ning looked at Xiao Ren. “Are you… sure?”

Xiao Ren nodded. He pushed Ye Ning’s hand lightly once more as if telling her that she should just take it.

Looking at the two bronze knives in her hand, Ye Ning knew that it was very valuable. Money were usually only circulated in cities while those from villages had to be satisfied with only trades with each other.

She pondered for a moment before she came to a decision. “In that case, we need to bring you to the city in order to check you to the doctor!”

0