Chapter 327 – The Tentacle Monster
240 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Considering the massive change in dynamics this will have in my organization, I consider the effect that 96 new Foundation Establishment and 2 Core Formation experts will have. And how this happened.

The answer is quite obvious.

Long Heng enjoyed ‘taming’ prominent women who were on the cusp of success or had achieved it, but were brought low.

Alright… as great as it would be to have that many experts, that also increases the risk rating to other groups a bit too high. I will not suppress any of them from proceeding, but maybe I can extend out and improve their foundation before they move on.

Just like with Wei.

A lot of them are geniuses in some ways, so those will still move into Foundation Establishment, but the reduction in amount can make it easier to manage.

With a plan in mind, I address the group.

“Attention everyone, I’ve optimized most of you, but I need some to stay behind for more specific actions. For those who aren’t called, feel free to move into your assorted groups and begin preparations.”

It only takes a moment or two to direct things, so I only have the people who need to stay left in the hospital courtyard.

“Okay, the reason I had you guys stay here is that you are all on the steps to moving into Foundation Establishment.”

An excited murmur rises, which I soothe with my next words.

“With that said, I want to give you guys a choice. Some of you can stay within Qi Condensation for longer, but increase your cultivation base to the genius tier, if not already there.”

There’s silence after this, to which the murmurs begin again. To speed things up, I go down the line, giving suggestions and explaining each of their unique circumstances.

All until I reach the two soon-to-be Core Formation experts.

Sofia and Jin Chin.

I should have known, as they unmistakably stand out among people. Yalei is currently at the mid stage of Foundation Establishment, so there is still some progress to be made before she can reach Core Formation.

What surprises me the most is that both Sofia and Jin Chin show no surprise by the change. While I’ve been running around healing them and others, they’ve been gathering information. Another reason that their joining my group went seamlessly. As they already knew of my ability to optimize them.

One by one, towers of light beam up into the sky, with showers of lightning coming down. After their optimization and my coaching beforehand, I don’t foresee any issues with their tribulations. For those who would have issues, I give a pill before they start, that will help them bear it. Even the two Core Formation tribulations, while more intense, only take a little more preparation than the others.

This entire process takes another day but, it is well worth the change. My scan detects the ever reliable Sister Nuan running interference for the obvious attention this would bring.

53 Peak Qi Condensations (genius tier), 43 Foundation Establishments, and two Core Formations, in this group alone.

With that said, each of them has their own cultivation methods of varying strength and quality, so along with everyone, I’ll need to help them refine and personalize those methods. Giving them a chance to learn the Omnibus Cultivation System method will allow them to make changes if they didn’t have the chance before.

After dismissing each of them, gathering a bit more information about the backgrounds actions of the past few days, I head over to a quiet place in the hospital

This gives me the chance I was looking for to review my current situation and create some plans for the future.

At present, I have a powerful group (without a name), learning the OCS cultivation method, besides other decent ones from the sect or their families.

The architect transformed the towers and my area into a fortress, with the condition that the inner depths would serve as a shelter for sect members in an emergency. However, as promised by the architect, he created another hidden room for those I trust.

… I wasn’t expecting him to make it a larger one than the public one, though, using a void cultivation technique to hide its true size. It’s like there’s two different design philosophies used for those two.

I guess this might have gotten the sign off from the sect patriarch, as I don’t see something like this being used without his permission.

Perhaps this is another way he’s paying me back for the sect healings, both from before and for the future. I’ll make use of it then, without regret.

Adding to this, I have a much larger pool of talent here now. Both from the recently inducted victims, but also from the people that have been getting recruited by Sister Nuan.

As I’ve been working these past few days, she’s been using the time to go after the people who were working on the fortress here, as well as the people who came here to be recruited. While using any interest in us to benefit our aims.

Fortunately, we could have a conversation about who would fit and who wouldn't. Though her instincts pretty much did all the hard work for us.

Unexpectedly, Ling and Mao, from the Radiant Library, had come by to get recruited and signed onto the contract. Giving me two knowledgeable people that I can trust with training others.

On top of that, just as I was hoping to find someone specializing in formations, Sister Nuan once again predicted my needs. She brought in two different elders that specialize in formations, though it seems they will be the first of many.

Considering some things I had mentioned before, I’m thinking she wanted to increase the security of our location while teaching dedicated group formations. Something that I mentioned would be possible using the OCS system.

I also think it’s time to work more on myself. Before I go on this trip to Monchon City, I need to reach Rank 4 in Qi Condensation. Not only will that increase my strength, qi amount, and skill in my techniques, but it can even increase my income.

Of course, that will be through the condensation of spirit stones, from my 20,736 qi amount. 2 spirit stones every 15 seconds.

Absurd.

Feeling eager about the possibilities, I rush back over to my personal tower and into the room at the top of it. The closer I get to the room, the less qi I fee in the ambient area. However, once I enter the top room, a flood of ambient qi hits me.

A collection from both the local area, sky, and sub-dimension all centered into this room. Culminating in an amazing place to cultivate. Indeed, cultivating here is tantamount to implementing my healing cultivation method while in the process of cultivation.

I do find that there are a few things missing from it, because of this, though.

Walking over to one of the wall panels, I insert my qi inside to manipulate the building’s structure. Creating some openings that my qi can seep through to reach other areas.

Specifically, making a way for my qi lines to reach outside and towards the hospital building.

While before, I had some trouble reaching even short distances with them… now I have an absurd amount of qi. With my perpetually replenishing source, I can drive them beyond their expected limits at this level. Emulating higher level techniques, if only because of the range benefit.

If I can use this cultivation room and heal someone simultaneously… I could soar to the required buffer state near instantaneously.

Ooo… and it seems someone had an injury.

Extending out a line toward them, it stretches toward the hospital at a faster rate before entering pre-placed holes in the building.

Okay, let me check out the awareness aspect of my method. Using the line as an extension of my senses. I snake it through tunnel after tunnel until I arrive at the room of the patient.

It looks to be a regular member of my group, with an accident that happened, dismembering their arm. Anything less would have been healed faster with my constant healing on them.

Even now, it is slowly regrowing. It seems that they came here to have it reattached and hopefully grow with the arm.

A perfect patient to advance to Rank 4, as I've already allowed my cultivation base to settle to where I can attain the maximum benefit.

However, as I have it emerge into the room, I immediately realize my mistake.

The patient looks up at my healing line and tightly clutches a nearby medical table with their one arm.

“HELP! HELP! THERE’S A MONSTER IN THE ROOM, I NEED BACKUP!”

Ah.

I probably should have considered the shock that a glowing tentacle suddenly emerging from a hole in the wall would induce.

My feeling turn to pride, as in an instant, a spiritual sense sweeps the room and no less than 5 of the healing team emerge with shimmering swords, talismans, and a variety of lethal implements.

The leader of which is Jin Chin, who looks to be itching for a fight.

But she immediately deflates as she recognizes the tentacle here, as mine, both visually and with her spiritual sense.

…She was definitely looking forward to a fight.

I sort of want to have the line fake some punches at her, but that likely isn’t the appropriate action right now.

After she explains the situation to the patient, they all ultimately ended up bowing and standing in the corner to watch.

Using the opportunity, I shift into medical mode, using the line to heal their injuries while cultivating myself.

The increase is almost instantaneous on my side, with a tornado of qi starting and stopping with the heal. Having a buffed room, on top of my personal increases for healing and for cultivating, makes rising in ranks in this realm almost trivial.

I’ve reached Rank 4. A whirlwind of information flows in and, using my scan to review the cultivation method, I’m able to discover a few different things.

The first of which is that my qi amount and quality has increased to just enough to try some interesting things with emanating my qi outside my body. Expanding upon my previous iterations of preventing spiritual senses from reading me.

Here, I can increase its density to several folds higher, effectively preventing and reflecting attacks against myself. A ‘mage skin’ of sorts.

But there’s another benefit of this tier that far surpasses this one.

Apparently, there’s a secret hidden in my Boundless Healing cultivation method for this rank.

The ability to slot in another cultivation method into it. Allowing me to practice two methods at once.

20