Chapter 334 – Plan of Action
164 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A plan is coming together.

Indications of what others in my group may want and need pour in from my scan.

I think I know how I should approach my leaving this place to head to Monchon City. Who I need to bring, as well as who I should have to stay behind. To make sure everything doesn’t crumble.

All the scrolls, jade slips, documents, and spirit stones before me aren’t enough; I need more time, skilled people, and resources.

I jump up, moving over to one of the paneled walls in the room, inserting my qi into the wall to allow me to speak throughout this tower.

“This is James speaking. Ai, Lin, Shi, and Mei Lin, could you guys meet me back at my living quarters floor? I just need to discuss a few things with you all.”

After saying that, I collect everything into my space bracelet and head downstairs to my personal floor.

Though the entire tower belongs to me, I still consider only that floor my personal space. Especially since this building is so large.

Maybe when I get used to using the other spaces here more, I’ll feel more comfortable with it.

When I finally reach the floor, the others have already beaten me here. All of them looking nervous.

Ah. Considering they’ve been running around the tower; they might think it’s something related to that.

I decide the best way to approach things is just to be direct about filling them in on my plans.

“Hey guys, I just wanted to keep you updated on my plans for the rest of this week. And for when we head to Monchon City.”

Their eyes immediately shift to each other and then to Shi.

She steps forward.

“I also wanted to talk about that, though a bit later in the week.

“We thought it might be wise to have one of us stay back here, to make sure things go smoothly. Since Ai and Lin need to get back, I can be the one to stay.”

I pause in my thoughts, considering her words.

She raises a good point. I had thought that perhaps she could stay back, but I wanted to use this trip to get closer to her and the others.

Hm…

I think it’s worth it enough to go with my original plan and propose that. I think she also was hoping to come along, so she shouldn’t be too against the idea.

“Actually, I really wanted to have you come along with me…

“So, I came up with a training plan for three candidates that I believe could collaboratively run things while we are gone. For increased rewards, of course.

“Those candidates are Xu Ah, Sofia, and Shi Ji. With each representing the three major factions I see in the group: Yellow Sashes, Victims, and the Normal/Noble group. From what I can gather, each of them is interested in leadership positions here, as well. Though you could probably correct me if I’m mistaken about them.”

Xu Ah, the Yellow Sashes Foundation Establishment cultivator, kept standing up for the group at every opportunity. Offering to fight spirit beasts above her strength level and constantly defending the weak. Having her as a pillar is an easy decision.

Adding to that, I know she’s been working with Shi from constantly in directing the group. It’ll be a natural transition with her there, for the Yellow Sashes.

Sofia, being the lady with a plant in a gaping chest, is pretty distinctive. Adding to her being a Core Formation expert, that inherently positions her as a leader. Without the insights from the scan and therapy, I might have more concerns about placing an already powerful person in that position.

She is adamant about focusing on the needs of the hospital and the people treated by it. In a way that is like a hospital administrator. So, there shouldn’t be any concerns.

And finally, there's Shi Ji.

She's clearly into me. And only growing more so, it seems.

But she is also a noble and a major influential force before the others had come. Not only that, but it seems she has been doing reevaluations of herself. Seeing how I react to different people, including commoners.

I think leaving her in this position will be a good choice, that won’t erode the baseline I’ve set for interactions between social classes.

And since I’m growing to trust her more, that will only benefit her.

…I’m still worried about how she looks at me sometimes, though.

After I bring this up, we chat about the merits and demerits of each choice, but still end up in the same place.

I wanted to avoid bringing 'perfect choice scan' into these types of discussions… but this was the only workable solution that would let me keep Shi with us. Otherwise, another one of our core group would have to stay behind.

There is a caveat to all this, though.

“So, as you can all imagine… we might not be able to sleep together tonight or the other nights. I need to use the time for preparation and focused training for each of them. Preparing them for the issues that will come up. Adding to that, I need to train them, so that they can train those under them.

“Which means jade slips and tailored regiments.”

I see frustration on all of their faces before Ai takes the lead to assuage their concerns.

“I believe we all understand. We’ll just need to purchase a privacy tent with the large amount of spirit stones here. For the road.”

Privacy tent?

O-oh.

It’s meant for keeping ‘night activities’ quiet when on the road. While allowing the surroundings to be visible. There are also some defense aspects, but I can supplement those with my talismans.

After a gulp, I respond.

“Sounds like a plan, then. Sorry again for the change. I know we were all looking forward to tonight.”

They give a conspiratorial look at each other.

“… this may not be a bad thing. I think we’ll all be looking forward to the next time. And what we’ll be doing then.”

She gives a sly smile, which is mirrored by the others.

Things soon move onto less enrapturing subjects, like the rest of my plans, writings, and techniques. Some of which they suggest for me to pass to them to handle, thus lowering my workload.

This is where I take my own advice and not go with the optimal solution, trusting those around me with things and not fully relying on my scan. Surprisingly, as I hand over some of these documents and other stuff, it feels like the weight on my shoulders is a little less than before, with each item given.

Yeah. I can trust them. I don’t have to worry about training everyone myself or looking up everything with my scan.

Sometimes just checking the general situation is enough.

And as we finish out the plans for the night, the suggestions for who I bring with us are the last subject to be hashed out.

Something that shocks them a bit with some additions.

The full group that will come with us is as such:

Ai, Lin, Shi, Mei Lin, Dana (the slime hero), Tai Ying (the spider hero), Ru Ning (the roach hero), He Wen (the average guy), Yalei (the ninja-like woman), and Jin Chin.

On top of that will be the Panther, and the spirit beasts currently covering my body.

The rest of the spirit beasts, at the ranch outside the sect, will get moved to the local area here. Mostly to subjugate the areas around the tower alongside the other tamed spirit beasts.

What’s shocked them, is the average guy, Yalei (the former psychopath victim), and Jin Chin (the warrior-like Core Formation cultivator). All for a variety of reasons.

For some of them, they’ll be seeing soon why they’ll be coming.

Whether I want them to or not.

14