9 – Hunt
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We exited the base before separating from the travelers and other dimension fighters, before heading towards a secluded area. Looking around, I felt like running about, however I held myself back. Soon we found a boar. Upon seeing us, it squealed before charging at us.

 

“Xi, the best grandpa can do for you is to hand you a weapon,” he handed me a sword before stepping back. 

 

As I didn’t have time to look at the sword, I tightened my grip on the hilt before running towards the boar, it was a lot slower than when Big Brother fought against it.

 

Although I really felt like bashing it, I didn’t want to get the taste of being run over. 

 

Side stepping I stabbed the sword inside before traveling horizontally along its flank. 

 

*Splash*

 

Along with blood splattering onto me, it squealed in pain before falling off towards the side. Stepping forward, I gave it another stab to finish it off.

 

“Grandpa, is there anyone looking?”

 

“There isn’t, what does Xi want to do?” 

 

Hearing his reply, I placed my hand on top of the boar to absorb it while sneaking a glance at grandpa. He had a surprised look on his face, however that was all.

 

I turned back towards the sword in my hand, it was a short sword, however it was just right for my current size. 

 

“Grandpa, what’s this sword made of?” I couldn’t tell what the blade was made of, it was definitely different from the sword in the simulation. It also gave me the feeling that I wanted to send my veins into it.

 

“It’s made of the tusk of a tier 3 elephant beast as well as an amalgamation of different metals. You can call it The Elephant Sword.”

 

“Eh? Such a straightforward name?”

 

“Don’t like it?”

 

I quickly shook my head, it was the key to my great future, even if it was called the great roach sword I’ll still use it. Or maybe now, I’ll probably not want to touch it. 

 

“Let’s continue,” grandpa threw me a line before continuing deeper into the plains, his arms behind his back, as if doing a leisurely stroll.

 

“Mhm,” running forward with light steps, I caught his sleeves.

 

Afterwards he took me to hunt another few boars. As the area didn’t have a lot, we only ended up with 3 when the day was about to end.

 

“Let’s head back,” grandpa led me back to our home. 

 

The first thing I did was run towards the bath, my clothes were all sticky and smelly from running about the whole day. Aside from that there was also the bloodstains from the dimension monsters. 

 

Although their corpse would disappear after I absorb them, the blood they spilled would remain, including the ones on my shirt.

 

I had asked Grandpa why, and he explained to me that although they bled and were no different than any other living creatures, in the end they were made of dimension energy instead. As for why the blood remained, it was probably because my veins weren’t touching the blood.

 

Turning on the faucet, I removed and threw everything into a basket before entering. The warm water caused me to let out a sigh of comfort. It felt good taking one after running around and fighting the entire day.

 

Too bad I couldn’t do it often…

 

After wiping myself down and cleaning myself, I dried and changed into a clean set before going back to my room. I watched my symbol to pass time.

 

It was currently releasing silver energy while absorbing my blood energy. Throughout the past month, I had observed the symbol and found that the energy it absorbed and released differed. 

 

For example, if I ate something it would stop releasing silver energy into me while absorbing a lot more blood energy. While if I’m hungry it would begin to release silver energy only. However if I was in a normal state, it would begin to exchange red energy for silver energy.

 

The absorption of silver energy is fastest if I don’t eat, while the normal state is balanced. I tried not eating, however the feeling of hunger is hard to resist. 

 

“Xi, dinner time!”

 

“Coming!” 

 

Seeing the meal on the table, I began to eat.

 

“Xi, it’s best you don’t tell anyone about your symbol.”

 

“Mhm,” although I felt a little uncertain, I’d pretty much told my entire family. So much for it being a secret….

 

 After eating dinner, I went off to wash the bowls and plates before returning back to my room. 

 

***

 

A few days later, I was closing the store when I realized that people were viewing our place. They had been doing that for a few days now. Tilting my head in confusion, I decided to ignore them. It wasn’t as if they could do anything to us.

 

Closing the door, I sniffed the air. From the scent, I could tell that it wasn’t pork, but chicken.

 

Going up the stairs, we began to eat. 

 

“We’re out of food soon…” Grandpa muttered. 

 

“Then I’ll go buy more tomorrow.” 

 

Finishing the plate of food off, I went to wash it before returning to my room. Feeling bored, I took the sword and randomly swung it a few times before doing a few kicks until I was tired.

 

Looking down at myself, I began to wonder if it was time to buy new clothes.

 

My clothing felt tight recently, especially around the chest.

 

The next day, I got up early before heading to the nearby supermarket. After tapping on my bracelet on a cart, I pushed it as I filled it with a bunch of meat and vegetables. Seeing as everything was full, I was about to bring them towards the counter when the lights suddenly flickered.

2