Chapter 8
2k 0 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trevor’s blood was pooling all over the floor and so any shift in my weight resulted in a small squish of liquid soaked carpet.

 

But instead of being horrified, I was curious. If this was what happened to Trevor, what was going to happen to Kara?

 

Master eased open the door. There was no horror movie creak as it opened, but there might as well have been. Kara’s face was covered in emotion. The second her eyes caught sight of blood on the floor she let out a muffled scream of anger. Then I watched as her eyes panned up to me. I looked down to see my hand, while a regular hand, coated in a layer of Trevor’s blood. Kara looked at me with disdain. Did she blame me? Did she think I’d betrayed her? Willingly?

 

“Stand her up and get her off the toilet. That’s no place to born.”

 

To be what now?

 

Kara’s eyes went white with fear. At least, I assumed it was fear. I’d seen of lot expressions come from the woman, but I hadn’t seen this one before. Anything expression she’d made that I previously thought of as fear must have been something else… because this was what fear looked like.

 

Martin’s drugged-out looking replacement picked her up off the toilet she had been sitting on. Martin stepped in to help move her out of the bathroom and into the main room. Kara was kicking and screaming as loud as she could through the gag, in what everyone including her knew was a failed attempt at escape.

 

“That one said something about a Charlotte… I don’t remember any Charlotte’s. I wonder… did I kill her? Enslave her? Turn her? I suppose I might not ever know…” Master chuckled softly. “But what I do know is that in a moment neither of us will care.”

 

I watched the situation in front of me play out. I probably looked like a deer… tilting my head every now and then but mostly just watching with a blank almost innocent look.

 

Martin and his replacement held Kara in place while Master walked over to her. He took in her smell and let his actions linger. He leaned down into Kara’s neck and I saw Kara shake violently in a final attempt to escape.

 

Master’s mouth closed in on her neck and Kara shut her eyes. Then Master surprised us all and let his tongue run along the side of her neck. Then he took a step back and laughed.

 

A tear exited Kara’s tightly shut eyes, and I supposed I didn’t blame her. It was interesting to watch Master play so much with his food though. Well… metaphorical food, I think Maser had other plans for Kara.

 

Master’s laugh filled the room, but just as suddenly as it started it was over. His teeth were sunk deep into the recesses of her neck. He was messy with it and let some of her blood dribble down the side, staining the shoulder straps of Kara’s dress. Not that anyone cared.

 

Well, I cared… but not in the way I’d have liked.

 

I had yet to see the biting process. Even aside from Master’s little cheer up command, I would have been at least 10% interested, but now I was relishing it. How his teeth punctured her skin. How his eyes had a certain carnivorous frenzy to them that I hadn’t seen before in my usually restrained master. How Kara had gone from squirming and fighting to a sorted of drugged-out stillness.

 

Master finally stepped away from her. Kara was one of us now. Would Master change her physically like he had the three of us?

 

Master caught his breath for just a moment before waving his hands to indicate that Martin and company let go of her. Master had all the control over Kara that he wanted now, and the muscle was no longer necessary.

 

Kara sunk to her knees and stared off into a distance I couldn’t see. Meanwhile, Master paced around the room in search of something. He pulled open a bag I supposed he must have brought with him and from within it pulled a knife.

 

This wasn’t a kitchen knife. It resembled a small machete and was probably some kind of tool used to cut game while hunting. Master quickly looked the knife up and down and then held out his forearm.

 

He hadn’t done this to the rest of us. Or if he had I did not remember. He drew the blade across the outside musculature of his forearm, drawing a steady flow of his own blood. Master had a determined look in his eyes as he walked back over Kara and firmly gripped her mouth with one hand while his bloody arm was suspended above it. He let the blood ooze from the wound and drip down to where he pushed Kara's mouth open and kept it receptive.

 

He was doing more than just enslaving her. I wasn’t too read up on the supposed details of vampirism, but I was pretty sure I knew what was going on. My heart was beating quickly, not out of fear or sadness or anger, but because I wanted to see how this went. I wanted to see exactly how Master was going to turn this woman into a vampire.

 

A steady trickle of blood dropped into Kara’s mouth. She was his to command, so she couldn’t help but swallow it down. I guessed she didn’t need very much, but Master let her have her fill. The blood filled up her mouth and she swallowed. It got to a point where I wondered if Master even needed his own blood to function. He’d given so much away that were it to have some effect now would have been the time.

 

Eventually, he pulled back his arm and licked the wound once, seemingly sealing it.

 

The room was silent. Kara didn’t look any different. She didn’t break out into violent seizures. She just sat there, still looking down into the distance. Master crouched down to her level. Once in front of her, she shifted her gaze so that their eyes met. Her breathing was audible but controlled. She took in one long breath and then her head jerked in the direction of Trevor’s corpse.

 

Was she fully turned? Did she have free will now? Was she going to exact any kind of revenge on Master? On me?

 

I didn’t really fear for my safety, however. Kara jerked her head over to look at me, and we made eye contact I could see no malevolence directed at me. I could however feel her presence. It wasn’t something I realized I could do until I had a sample size larger than just Master. It was like my own proprioception, ability to know the special relations of one’s own body, had extended beyond myself, and now included Master and Kara. If you spun me around with my eyes closed, I could point to Master or Kara just as easily as I could find my own nose. I supposed that was just a side effect of being a thrall.

 

Kara moved her focus down to my bloodstained hands and then back to Trevor. Although, it was almost as if she were looking beyond Trevor.

 

“I fed you so much and you still want more,” Master chuckled.

 

It was almost as if Kara disappeared from where she was kneeling and reappeared above Trevor’s corpse, but then I felt the displaced wind.

 

Kara looked the corpse up and down but seemed still fixated on the blood seeping from it. It covered the floor for several feet and was threatening to slip underneath the door and out into the hallway.

 

Kara decisively dipped her thumb into the pool of red, and then brought it back up so she could lick it off. Her eyes opened wide and her pupils dilated. She then put both hands into the blood and closed her eyes. Kara exhaled whatever breath she had in her lungs and then began a slow and deep inhale.

 

Every second she took in breath, the pool of blood shrank. It was almost as though the bleeding was happening in reverse, except that I could see Trevor’s wounds espousing more blood than before, not less. Kara was drawing the blood into her as she breathed.

 

It was honestly a somewhat beautiful, while still haunting, scene. Soon all that remained of Trevor was a colorless and gaunt husk. The blood had slightly stained Kara’s fingers but otherwise, there was no trace it had ever existed. Kara held the breath in for a moment before letting out an exhale that allowed her to relish as much of the blood rush as she could.

 

“How does it feel?” Master asked her, breaking the silence.

 

“Insatiable…” she replied.

 

“You’ll find that there’s more than one way to satisfy your need,” Master said as both he and Kara looked over at me.

36