Prologue
137 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                          PROLOGUE

How do I put this…..Um…..

Im Riku Akemi, 28 years old, and I have have a rough life. And when I say rough I mean horrible. I have a pretty normal life if compared to others, but to me, I say there’s nothing normal about it.

Apparently, I've been reincarnated. Back in my old world, the way I died is depressing.

To start the story, let’s go back to when I was 15 years old. I have many friends but most of them are all fake friends. The only ones I can trust are Aoi and Reo. They have been my friends since childhood and they haven’t left my side ever since. 

It was my graduation and everything was going great, and my friends are all cheering for me even though I didn’t placed valedictorian or even salutatorian I was third but it didn’t bother me at all. I was happy and all my friends are still with me. 

“Riku! Riku!” Aoi shouted with cheer.

When the ceremony ended, we celebrated back at my house. Only a few of us are invited, Aoi, Reo, and some other relatives. To be honest, I wish that there are more people to fill the house.

After graduating from high school, I’d plan on learning some martial arts because, why not? I never plan on going to college because I can study all on my own ever since I was little. That’s what I did in high school, I only attended classes because of my friends. While learning martial arts, I also study some biology, chemistry, and some other forms of science. As for martial arts, I study ninjutsu, kung fu and others to sharpen my techniques and, who knows? I might be able to use it someday.

While I was browsing through the internet, Reo recommended me to read a book called a light novel, an ebook, it was unique and interesting. After I finished the book, I asked Reo again to recommend some more so I can read more. That is when I realized, that I was becoming an otaku like Reo and Aoi. Nevertheless, I was enjoying it, I don’t even mind being called a shut-in.

As time pass by, I started to play some video games more, read manga more, and watch anime more. Even though I trasform into a shut-in otaku, I still sharpen my knowledge and martial arts.

Every morning, I get up by 6 and start exercising and work out to maintain my healthy body and at night I read books that are not light novels, to at least make up for the whole choosing an otaku life over college thing. 

One day, Reo invited Aoi an I to go shopping for a new video game miles away from home. We both agree even though it’s very far away. We hop on a bus, rode it safely on our way to the store and quickly bought the video game. It’s way boring but at least we got what we came for.

While we are walking to the bus stop, there’s a sign saying the all bus’s are unavailable in the meantime. WHAT!?! All bus’s are unavailable? How the fuck is that possible. We called our families and hope to bring us to our homes. None of them answered. We begun to worry. The only way back home we can think of is to walk home. 

“That is not possible with our feet” Aoi said.

She is right. Our houses are miles away and for 15 years olds, it’s impossible.

Then, we saw a bike rental shop. Reo had an idea to rent out three bikes for us to ride home. We were desperate, and we had no other choice apart from walking so we went with Reo's idea.

We rented out three cheap bikes to bring us home. We never planned for something like this to happen, it was unexpected.

While we are biking on the side of the road, there’s an out of control car heading towards us. Luckily, we quickly dodge the car and fall down to road with a few scratches. 

“Are you alright?” Aoi shouted.

“Yes I am, what about you Reo? Reo?” I asked very confused.

“Aoi, where’s Reo?”

We somehow can’t find Reo and his rented bike was severely damage but Reo was nowhere to be found. The car had completely stopped when it hits the wall not far away. Aoi and I ran to the car in hopes to find Reo. While running we saw Reo's body on the road badly injured. Aoi and I were terrified, Aoi broke into tears and so am I. He was my best friend and he just died from that accident. I will never forget him. Aoi called the ambulance after she cried in hopes to bring back. 

“It’s no use, he’s dead” I said.

Aoi can’t accept the fact that her friend died in front of her without even knowing it.

She walked to me crying again and hugged me.

“What are gonna do now?” Aoi said while crying.

“I don’t know” I replied.

The ambulance came and gave us a ride to home and brought Reo's body. 

The funeral came earlier than I expected. Everyone was crying including me, especially Aoi. He was like a brother to her and that must been devastating to her, just imagine how Reo died.

Everyone left and the only ones left are me and Aoi. She was still crying when she stopped and looked at me with a smile in her face.

“Let’s be happy together for Reo. That’s what would Reo wants for us, right?” she said.

That scene made me burst my tears in front of her. What does she mean “happy”. Does she meant live our lives as if nothing happened? No, that’s not it. “Yes, that’s what would he would wanted” I kindly replied. 

A few weeks had past since the funeral. We still lived our lives happily. Just after what happened, we still have a smile on our faces. Instead being depressed, we continued our daily activities as if Reo was there with us. We often visit his grave and tell him stories about simple things that happened that we think he would enjoy.

When we are heading home together with Aoi, we were being rob by some thugs, some are holding a knife and some are barehanded. I tried to defend Aoi and just as things are going well, some guy showed up and he was huge. Definitely goes to the gym everyday.

I thought that he’s gonna help us but turns out, he was their boss. I tried to fend him off but he overpowered me, I thought that my martial art skills are gonna save us but I think it was just a waste of time. They thrown me away and took Aoi. I tried to catch up with them but by the time I got there, they already stabbed her in the heart. I screamed, saying “Aoi! What have you done to Aoi!” And finally my fighting instinct kicks in and I beat all 5 of them, so my training isn’t really a waste.

They all ran away, and they left Aoi with me. Aoi was bleeding badly, I can’t stop the bleeding.

“I’m gonna stoo the bleeding, don’t worry!” I said while blocking the wound.

“Don’t worry about me, I will be fine” she replied.

It was sad. It happened to me again. I’m not gonna experience the trauma again.

“You go live your life happily, for the sake of Reo and I” she whispered.

“Noo! Don’t die on me”

“It’s ok”

Her heart stopped beating just she reach out for my cheek. I’ve been frozen in fear. Fear of loosing another beloved friend of mine. I hold her tight and said while crying “it’s a promise”.

I never expected to loose another friend. Everything was going fine with us.

I should have never took that shortcut, knowing something might happen.

Regrets. Regrets kept popping in my head.

I kept imagining what will happen if we took a different path than the ones we took.

No matter what I was thinking, it was not ganna change the fact that my friends died on me.

I don’t know if I can keep my promise.

I’m now 28 years old. I’m still and otaku and still a genius. I never left my room, and became a complete shut-in. I relied on delivery on everything, food stuff I ordered online, it’s all delivery. When I finally decided to head out to visit my friend's grave, I got ran over by a car that’s very identical to the one that ran over Reo. It was a fatal blow. I never even flinched when the car beeps on me.

 I can feel my life slowly ending, when a light flashes before my eyes. I thought it was heaven but when light flashes, I saw myself in the mirror. I was a 5 year old black haired boy. I was shocked that one of the books I was just reading came to reality. I cant believe it.

I checked sure I wasn’t dreaming but then I realized that how could I dreaming since I died.

I finally accepted it with joy that I was reincarnated in to another world.

Everything was different from my world. It was like a different era from great medieval britian. And I could understand their language. And the most exciting part about this world is that unlike my old world which revolve around technology, this world revolves around magic. 

I quickly dedicated myself to learning the magic here.

1