CHAPTER 04 — WHO ARE YOU?
66 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If I remember correctly, I’m Zack, I’m seventeen years old now and I fell into the cliff and landed with several injuries. I got my right arm ripped off, both of my eyes are very damaged so basically, I’ve been blinded, I got a few wounds in my stomach, not that fatal but, still close, and both of my legs are gone. I don’t know how this happen, but I’m certain that I didn’t loose all my lose limbs by just falling. There must be someone or something that’s here too that have been deforming me or eating me.

Right now, I have to seal my wounds with fire so the bleeding won’t stop. It will hurt so much but, it’s better than dying.

Zack used fire magic to seal his wounds. It’s working, the skins and blood around the wound begun to crisp and harden. He was in so much pain that it almost made him insane. Almost!

It’s done.

I feel something. Something other than pain. It’s like, the ground is trembling. An earthquake? No. It can’t be. Is there something coming? If there is, is it coming for me?

I got to get away. But how?

Can I use my left arm to crawl? I’ll try. I tried, it’s working but the pain is still like I’m being tortured. I begun to crawl away from my current position, it’s painful but I have to endure it.

Zack kept crawling with only one arm. He is still very injured, his stomach won’t stop bleeding. It already stopped bleeding before but it seems that a hole has appeared. It’s because of the pointy stones that are piercing his body while he crawl. 

He stopped for a moment. The ground kept trembling and it’s getting worse. The was a pack of underground white wolfs wandering on the bottom of the cliff. Underground white wolfs are big ghost-like wolf that wonders on dark and isolated places. It’s an A class monsters. It doesn’t prey on living beings but, it absorbs mana left by creatures that they encounter.

They were about six of them. Zack was severely injured that his mana was leaking out of his body. Apparently, the wolfs are responsible for Zack’s injuries. It’s very rare to see an underground white wolf deform a creature, but it’s because Zack was injured when he fell from the cliff. The wolfs found him and started tearing up his limbs to get the mana leaking out him to flow faster. Fire mana is very rare to some creatures cause it’s very uncommon to see a single fire user to wonder alone in dark places. Since they are very weak, they tend to form around strong or many adventurers.

They have come back from their pack to get some mana again from Zack. Zack had no option but to crawl away even with his injuries. The wolfs are getting closer. 

I can’t be eaten or whatever they are going to do to me. I can only crawl to avoid that. If there is someone that can help me, please! It’s the perfect chance to help me. 

There was something that was releasing a tremendous amount of mana on the other direction. It was something that no normal monster can do. It was some kind of a super being. 

The wolfs ran away to where their pack is. That kind of monster that make an A class monster ran away in fear is something out of the ordinary. The trembling aura of that monster was frightening. I feel like I was about to get eaten.

I panicked. I didn’t know what to do. I kept crawling and crawling away from that thing. I don’t have any choice but to crawl. Even though that my stomach is bleeding badly, I have to ran away from that monster.

“What are you doing?”

I spoke to me. It was closer than I expected. I thought for a second. A monster that can talk is something that is not normal. I can tell it’s a monster cause of its aura. I should try to talk to it.

“Can you even speak? Are you even alive?” it said.

“Please!! Help me! I need to go back!” I said.

“So your alive then. Ok, I’ll help you. On one condition.”

“I’ll do it, whatever it takes, just help me!”

“Ok, ok, no need to scream. You have to do what I say and not scream, ok?”

“What?”

It lifted me up and put some tube-like wood on my hips. I almost scream out of agony. It was so painful but I have to endure it. I know what it’s trying to do. It wants to get me walking again as soon as possible.

“You sure are handling it. I’m impressed. It was like nine out of ten if you scale the pain.”

I can’t believe what this thing is trying to make me do. I get it but, this is just to painful. I just hope that it doesn’t put something like this in my arms and eyes.

“Forgot something.”

She puts one on my right arm.  A metal one this time. I can feel the coldness with the pain in it. She sticks the tube with weird markings on to my arm. It was like she drilled it into my body. It was like that with my feet.

“Try standing up.”

Try standing up? Is this thing trying to torture me to death? I think this is torture. If this keeps up, I will go insane. 

I stand up and It worked. I was able to stand up. It turns out that what it put into my body was prosthetics made out of wood and metal and powered by mana and magic. It’s use to do exactly what limbs do.

“Ok, now try walking.”

I tried walking and I can do it normally. It was like I still have all my limbs. The bleeding in my stomach stop a while ago. I tried my arm to move like I was punching and it worked. I can’t see it but I can feel it moving . I was so happy, nevermind the pain. The pain was still there, but I can still handle it until I’ve gone insane.

“Wow! I can move! I can really move! Thank you!”

“Your welcome. Now, come with me.”

“Come with you? Why?”

“You said you’d do what I say, right?

Shit! I totally forgot what it said. Wait, is that thing even a thing? I kept hearing a voice of a fifteen year old girl. I better ask. It is rude to call her a thing or a monster.

“Umm, are you a monster?” i finally asked.

“What? Of course not, can’t you see?”

“Actually, when I fell from the cliff, the wolfs gauge up my eyes so, yes, I’m blind.”

“Oh, really? Hmmm, it is gauge up. I couldn’t tell because of you bangs.”

So she is a girl. She really pisses me off. Yes, she did helped me but, she is being rude.

“About what you said. I really appreciate your help but, I can’t come with you. I still have someone to meet after this so can you please let me see them? I promise that I will come back after I speak to them.”

“Sure.”

Yes. I can ran away from her now. Who knows what she will do to me. Wait, I don’t know where I’m going. I can’t see, damn it.

She was watching the whole time, laughing. As I walk around in circles, she said: “why don’t I help you again?” and then came closer to me.

“Really!?”

She said “ok.” Then she disappeared. I looked around, call for her, nothing. She just disappeared out of nowhere. Then she appeared behind me. She whispered into my ear. “Hope you don’t die.” I freaked out to what she said. Hope I don’t die? What will she do.

She slapped my nape and I suddenly become unconscious. She lifted me up and started walking. I don’t know what to do. I’m being dragged to who knows where. She ran very fast. The other monsters that wonder the dark bottom of the cliff started to ran away as soon as they sense this girl’s presence.

“God, he’s so injured. Better not ran to fast.” She said.

She slowed down a bit but to a normal person, it’s barely noticeable. She’s still running very fast to the other side of the ravine. 

While I’m unconscious, I dreamt I was in a party. There is Azalie, Recon and some other people. We we’re celebrating, something. I don’t know what’s the occasion but, everyone was super happy.

The one carrying me is still running fast even though we travelled for a long time now, it’s been like, three hours, maybe, I don’t know, I was unconscious. 

On the way to wherever she is taking me, we encountered many dark dwelling monster which is an A rank monster, she just ran into them like it was nothing. Some flew away after bumping and some died. She was like a beast. A monster oddity.

We arrived at a cave with an arch that looks like it was from Greek architecture. The pillars are well designed and it was hidden in the deepest part of the bottom of the cliff. The cave itself was like it was man-made. 

Inside, there was a few things that looks like decoration, some tools for something like torture and some for training like a punching bag, a training dummy and some weapons.

 “Hey! Wake up!”

I woke up on the sound of her voice. I still can’t see but I can sense something that is approaching us. It’s different from the girl. It’s even denser.

“My lord. I have comeback.” She said as she kneel.

Lord? What kind of person that lives in the deepest part of the bottom of cliff. I mean, yes, it’s isolated. If your that famous to hide then you maybe pretty famous.

“You may stand up. And what is that you got there?”

“Yes, sir. I found this human near the cliff. He was severely injured and was need of saving. He said he will do whatever I told him in exchange for helping him.”

“Ummm.... Who are you?” I asked.

“Hey! Don’t just be casual with the lord. You need to be more formal.”

“It’s alright. Can’t you see who I am? Young boy.”

“I can’t see. I’ve been blinded by either the fall from the cliff or the white wolfs that attacked me.”

“I see.”

Her lord is like a monster. I can tell from my sense. His voice. It’s like an alien that has a deep voice. I used appraisal aura on him to see his aura and it’s different from what I’ve seen before, it’s denser than her’s. You can get sick if you appraise his aura and, it’s colour is violet. No being that has been recorded in my library has some violet coloured aura.

“You have a very strange aura. It’s pure red.” The lord spoke.

“Wait, really?”

She used appraisal aura too. She can’t believe her eyes when she saw how red my aura is. 

“How can this be? Is he the one that we’ve been looking for?”

“Hmmm, I still don’t know.”

“Hmmm.”

I still don’t know my current situation. Who’s this lord of her’s? Who is this girl that helped me? Where exactly am I? I kept feeling that I’m part of all this. All my actions may lead me to something troublesome. But still, if this is going to help me get back up again, then I got no choice. I will do what ever it takes just to see all my friends again. Ashley, Recon and Azalie. 

“Boy, do you have a name?”

“Yes! It’s Zack, Zack Exavior.”

“Ok, but what about your first name?”

“First name? It’s Zack.”

“That’s not what I meant. I mean your very first name before you’ve been reincarnated.”

“Oh ok, It’s Riku Akemi! Wait, how do you know I was reincarnated?”

What!?! How did he know I was reincarnated? That’s the first time I’ve been ask by someone that.

“Hmmmm, Maybe you really are we’ve been searching for.”

“Searching for?”

What are they even saying? I can’t understand this “what they’ve been looking for” stuff. I can feel I’m about to get into some kind of trouble.

“Yes, your maybe the one we’ve been searching for.”

“Ummmm, may I ask something?”

“Of course.”

 “What are you going to do to me? And what is this searching for stuff?”

“...”

“And, “Who are you?””

3