CHAPTER 10 PART 2 — WHERE ARE YOU?
53 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Get ready the cannons!” screamed the guild master.

The adventurers are getting ready for a wave of disaster that the mother chimera may bring upon the town of Vortire.

The merchants are putting up stands in the middle of the town and sell their miscellaneous weapons, potions, elixir, etc. “Come! I have the most reliable enhancement potion across all human lands.” “I have the sharpest sword a blacksmith can smith!” all the merchants scream their products at the adventurers.

Riku, on the other hand, is going from stand to stand to check their products if they’re the real deal. 

“Hmmm.....”

“You like that sword? It’s the sharpest among the swords I sell.”

“It’s not that sharp.”

“What? You must have some kind of weak eyes to tell them that they’re dull.”

Riku put his hand on the table and raises the other hand holding the sword. He quickly sliced his hand using the sword that the merchant were selling. The sword broke into pieces and Riku’s hand were still fine, without a scratch.

“Why did you do that?” screamed, the merchant.

“See? Pretty dull.”

Riku left the stand without paying for that dull sword. The merchant was angry about Riku being stubborn about the merchandise.

Riku was checking every stand and not even a single stand’s weapon were able to even scratch Riku. I didn’t believed that they were selling the kind of stuff that can really be that strong to hurt Riku.

I was helping the adventurers setting up the defence cannon outside of town. It was heavy but I can manage. The cannons are like the ones you see on a pirate’s ship but this one is different. It’s powered by magic. All kinds of magic were put to this. It can’t hold that much magic but, it’s limit is still huge.

The other adventurers are sharpening their swords, axes etc. And the guild master is acting like a real guild master. He was ordering the adventurers and checking each defence cannon. Lion-san is preparing the potions and elixirs infront of the guild. 

Denmark and his friend, Francis, is helping the town folks evacuate from the town to the neighbouring villages.

“Is the mother chimera really going?” said one of the adventurers.

It’s been a couple of hours since we finished setting up traps, defences and backup supplies. The adventurers are all standing, well prepared and all their magic has been enhanced and also their strength. Their weapons are all enhanced too. Their durability have been raised and their armours too.

We are all exhausted from the labour and are now resting while waiting for the mother chimera’s arrival. 

“Hey you! Yes you! Does the mother chimera even going to show up?” said by one of the adventurers who looked like he was from a steam punk era.

“Yeah! Do you really know how the mother chimera is going to get here? Are you just threatening us?” 

The adventurers are complaining to Riku and are starting to panic and riot. They were all screaming at Riku because he’s the one who said the existence of a mother chimera and it’s arrival.

“Do you want the mother chimera to get here?” said Riku.

The whole town was silent. It was like they don’t have some kind of answer to Riku’s answer. Then one adventurer, Francis, Denmark’s friend, step up and said something.

“Prove to us that the mother chimera exist.”

The town begun to be loud again after Francis’s statement. They were all repeating the same question. Prove to us! Prove to us! The town cried.

“Ok, I’ll prove it.” Riku said. 

The town watches Riku. He was going near the cage where the chimera is locked up. After he got here it, he opened again his portal and pulled out a long, pointy, metal stick which he pointed it at the chimera.

“What are you doing to it?” said Francis.

“I’m luring it’s mother.”

Riku then poked the chimera in it’s head and then pierced it through its skull. The town was shocked at what Riku has done. The chimera screamed in agony and the sound was so loud, that it creamed a sound wave. The towns people was covering their ears and was cowering on the floor.

The chimera had died from Riku’s penetration to it’s head with his stick. Even though the chimera was still a child, he murdered it without hesitation.

“What do you think you’re do.....”

There was a loud roar outside of Vortire. It had interrupted Francis and the sound was greater than the chimera’s loud scream. 

The sound vibrates through the town and everyone was freaked out about it. There was something outside the town. It was the mother chimera. It finally came.

The roaring kept on making sound waves so powerful, that it swept some of the adventurers. After a few seconds, it finally stopped.

“What was that?”

“It finally came!” screamed Riku.

Riku was smiling creepily again. He knew that the mother chimera was going to be a disaster and a catastrophe to Vortire. If it’s that dangerous, then it’s a war class monster. Only S rank adventurers and above can defeat.

Riku climbed up the cage again, stands up with a grand pose, he was smiling with a murderous vibe around him like he was going to be entertained be the massacring of the towns folk.

“Your son is dead! Come! Take your revenge against this foolish adventurers!” Riku screamed to the mother chimera.

The mother chimera flew in the air and landed in the middle of the town. It was fifteen metres tall. It had three heads like the chimera child, the left one looks like a T-rex, the right one looks like a dragon and the middle one looks like a lion with two sets of horns from a demon. It had three sets of legs that resembles those of a tiger’s. It had four wings resembling an eagle’s and five tails with faces of a cobra. It had violet smoke being exerted by it. It had some scars and weapons still stabbed onto it.

“Come avenge your son’s dead!” Riku screamed.

The adventurers are shocked and terrified by it’s appearance and it’s aura of mana. It was grand. Everyone was shaking from fear. Riku was not. He was standing still in it’s presence and still smiling, murderously.

The chimera was angered by the sight of his dead son being in a cage and what looks like it was tortured to death with small weapons. It roared at Riku loudly and it stood up. Riku was pleased that the chimera was taking action.

The chimera raises it’s paw and it smacked Riku in his left side. It had send Riku flying against the city buildings and he went through it. He was sent of flying outside of town. He was overwhelmed.

The chimera looked at our direction and has roared at us. It looked angrier than before. It’s stomach started to glow with bright yellow light. It stood up and the light travelled to his mouth. 

Lion-san throws the elixir called fire resistance to the adventurers. It had lingered for about five minutes around them. It had taken effect and I can tell that cause of the orange fog coming out from the adventurers.

The chimera then opened his mouth and a big wave of fire the Colour of the sun had engulfed the whole adventurers. The fire breath of that chimera mother had destroyed the town’s buildings standing in it’s impact.

The fire had burn everything that stands in it’s way. The town had never seen such a catastrophic event that had struck them like this horrible before. 

The adventurers that’s inside it’s range had been burn to a crisp. Or so that’s what I thought.

They’re all survived with minor injuries and their armours only had been damage by a little. The effects of the elixir that Lion-san had thrown to linger it’s effect on them had work perfectly than what I expected.

The chimera looked shocked. The adventurers begun to cast their magic at the chimera. 

The earth magic users use the ground beneath the chimera and lifted it like a floating island. While the chimera is in the air with that piece of land, the water users use their offensive attacks on the chimera. “Water beam”, “Ocean’s blessing” the others use their magic for defence. The others use theirs to confuse the chimera.

The water beams are all targeted to it’s middle head. It has no effect. No matter how powerful their water beam is, it’s still not enough to damage it.

The chimera opened it’s wings and flew up to the sky. The guild master yelled, “fire the cannons!”. The cannons are all aligned in a spherical order and is targeting the chimera. Although the mother chimera has a hide with super strong durability just like a dragon's scale, the cannons are made to pierce through anything, the harder the target is, the stronger it becomes.

All of the cannons are ready to fire at the chimera. It’s been loaded by all the magic from the adventurers that are present at the battle.

The cannons all fired at once. It created a beautiful spin with each other. It had hit the chimera at it’s stomach. The chimera was blown away from the sky and it fell. The chimera landed back to the ground.

The adventurers all cheered at the chimera's defeat. The chimera was not scratched at all. The adventurers are all too early to celebrate.

The chimera stood up again and used it’s five snake tail to sweep all the adventurers. All the adventurers that’s in the way was swept away and was fatally injured. After that, the chimera had use it’s tail again to spray poison onto the adventurers.

Francis was the one who had the resistance against snake poison and was the only one who was left after the spray from his team. The adventurers was reduced from twenty to fourteen.

The chimera once again used his fire breath but no one was affected once again by it.

Lion-san had suggested something that really puts me to shock. He had told me to load him some magical bombs and he is going to get eaten on purpose.

“That’s crazy! You can’t do that, you still have kids!”

“That’s why I need to do it. For my kids, if we let this thing loose, it will kill more people, including my family.”

I hesitated. I didn’t want this to happen. He is the person I look up too. He is going to die by sacrificing himself for our safety.

“Ok.”

While the adventurers are dealing with the chimera being wipe out one by one, I’m equipping lion-san Twenty magic bombs. It’s been load by my smoke magic and was enhanced by him with his enhancement magic.

The adventurers are being killed one by one the longer it takes. The potion that Lion-san threw was wearing off. The chimera was noticing the changes and opened up his mouth. 

It was the perfect chance to attack. The guild master was engaging the chimera with his full armour on. His armour is mage out of gold and was enhanced by some enhancement magic. The guild master took the opportunity to charge his ice magic and blasted his magic straight at it’s stomach. It had wounded it but only a small scratch. 

The guild master had agro the chimera. The chimera had looked at the guild master and was angry. The guild master ran to us and told, I gave you a chance. 

Lion-san took the opportunity and ran straight to it’s mouth. The chimera was charging it’s fire breath. And was planning to engulf us with fire along with the guild master. All the adventurers that are present are almost wiped out. Most of them are dead and some can barely move.

“Tell Lilianna to be a good girl for me.” Said Lion-san before running.

Lion-san ran straight to it’s mouth and it had swallowed him whole. The fire in it’s stomach had lighted the bombs and it exploded inside. The chimera was in agony. It had screamed so loud that it was crying.

It finally collapsed on it’s feet.

The seven adventurers that are left was so happy that it had ended. We finally defeated a war class monster with tens of casualties.

Lion-san’s sacrifice was not in vain. I will visit his home to deliver the news to his family and to his daughter. Riku was not there and was no help what so ever. He’s the one who brought the chimera into the town. I won’t ever forgive him.

Or so that’s what I thought what happened to the chimera.

“Are you ok?” 

“Yes sir.”

“Let’s help the wounded. That’s the least we can do for them risking their life.”

While we are currently helping the adventurers who was left. The chimera had woken up.

There were green light that’s inside the chimera. It was healing itself. He has that kind of monster. Has multiple abilities like Riku. Maybe Riku is one of them that’s why he can communicate with other monsters.

The chimera stood up on all four and roared as loud as it can. The sound wave had swept away all of us including the wounded adventurers.

He blasted another fire breath at all of us. It’s getting bigger and stronger and hotter. The guild master had protected me with his shield. We were barely burnt and all the adventurers died with the heat from it’s fire. Half of the town was burning and destroyed.

The chimera had grown another head on the bottom of it’s middle head. It’s lion-san's head. He was absorbed by the chimera. It can really manipulate it’s appearance. It had grown stronger and had learned another magic called enhancement magic.

Fire burning and blazing all over town. The calamity that you’ve talk about had come true, Riku. This may be your fault but I need your help. 

We can’t do this all ourselves. Riku, you’re strong. Can you help us? I’m sorry I said you’re a monster. Just help us. “Where are you?”

2