Chapter 0
58 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was only one wish I had the moment I saw you.

 

As I watched the city get overrun by invading forces, my immediate thought was you. Were you safe? I know you have powerful people by your side, but this is something even they cannot handle. Especially since everyone but them betrayed you.

I ran as fast as I could to your location. I pushed past the crowds of people running and screaming, the sound of flesh being cut open and the stench of blood not stopping me for even a moment.

There was nothing more important than getting to you.

It took longer than I had hoped to get to you, panting as I watched you get surrounded by the people you once called your allies. Only two people stood strong by your side, each one of your faces determined despite knowing there was no escape.

“Ha. It seems like this’ll be the end, won’t it, Your Highness?”

“Enough. Don’t call me that. It sounds weird coming from your mouth.”

“Ouch! My heart, broken-”

“Knock it off. Your Highness, what are your commands?”

Before you could utter your words, a man came forward, riding atop a horse, face of smug superiority as he looked down on you. “It’s over Zeraph Rasckara! Today shall be your last! Any last words?”

You stared at him for a few moments before smirking. “I have nothing to say to traitors.”

The man scoffed. “Traitor? I was never on your side to begin with! This empire shall be run by the First Prince!”

“So it was him…” You muttered.

“Enough! You shall die; give your life for a greater Kalvo!” The man shouted, bringing down his lance.

You and your friends were too tired to move, so you simply closed your eyes, waiting for your death. However, how could I allow such a thing to happen? Breaking free of the wall of people, I rushed in front of the blade, ignoring the shouts and gasps of surprise.

Surprisingly, it didn’t hurt as much as I thought it would. Perhaps it was because I was high on adrenaline, but I simply stood my ground as the man slashed at me repeatedly, frustration clear on his face as I refused to move.

“Move! Unless you want to die here, too!” He screamed, but I knew his words were pointless. From the moment I stood here, I knew he had no intention of letting me leave alive. He didn’t even bother pausing his attacks before saying that.

However, I couldn’t hold out for too long.

“Get back! What are you doing?!” I heard your panicked voice from behind me.

Ah, how I wish I could have spoken to you, to tell you to run, that it will be okay. That I won’t allow anything bad to happen to you anymore. But, I couldn’t. My throat had long filled with blood, and I had already fallen. With my dying breaths, I silently wished for your happiness.

If only I had one more chance… one more chance to protect you…

 

Do you wish to live?”

 

A voice spoke out to me as I lay dying. Unable to move or even open my eyes, I simply replied, yes.

 

Why?”

 

I want to save him. I said. I want him to live a long, happy life.

 

“... Will you do anything for your wish?”

 

Yes.

 

“Even if you have to lose something very important for it?”

 

Yes. I replied instantly. I am willing to do anything for him. I want to protect him.

 

The voice was silent for a moment, then whispered:

 

“I am able to grant you your wish. However, I have a few conditions: you will lose your heart, you must make him the Emperor of the world, and you will die once that happens.”

 

I’ll do it. There was no hesitation in my answer. If it was for him, then I’d give up everything.

 

“... Are you sure?”

 

Yes.

 

“... Then, your wish shall be granted.”

 

The voice disappeared and exhaustion finally settled in. I relaxed and allowed myself to succumb to the darkness.

Don’t worry, I will save you.

0