Lust (37)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Undercity - The Golden Catfish Restaurant ]

Boom—!

The sky lit up. A torrent of fire rose into the sky, dying the landscape of the Undercity in a deep shade of scarlet.

Only for the next moment to come, and for that torrent of fire to turn into a frozen, transparent crystal-pillar. One that exploded into pieces like glitter and fell down like snow.

Most of the walls of the Golden Catfish Restaurant were gone, and the entirety of the topmost floor was blown off at some point, giving everyone inside a full view of the aftermath of the surrounding carnage.

Meanwhile, the people of the Undercity who had recovered their consciousnesses after Eden defeated Karzio's astral body were now sitting around, observing the fight between the two god-like beings with casual interests.

"These sort of battles used to be commonplace during the Holy War... can you imagine?"

Sitting on a seat in front of a half-destroyed bar, Boss grabbed the bottle of drink Bell passed onto her and chugged it. 

Due to the constant snowfall, the temperature around this area was becoming quite cold, giving her every breath a visible fog.

"That's why. Even though I love chaos as much as anyone here. Peace is so much better,” she said casually while swirling her bottle.

Kevin and Bell sat beside her. The bearded bartender man solemnly served drinks to the other people around the damaged bar.

While Bell was patting his shoulder, Kevin, who had already returned to normal except for his expression still being a little bit murky, was holding his head seemingly to fight off a headache.

“You good?” Bell asked.

“I’m good.” Kevin muttered, and looked to the person sitting away from him. “Thanks again. Boss.”

The red-haired woman raised her bottle.

Meanwhile, some random guy in the background was searching for his lost wallet.

"—Also, I bet a thousand G's Your Highness Ayar will win."

"—Two thousand for the Abyss Prince."

“—That’s a stupid bet. Can’t you see he’s losing?”

“—I like to live on the edge.”

“““...”””

…..

Far away from the Golden Catfish.

On a random street where the surrounding buildings were blown to bits, leaving only a few remains of the foundations, an ice spear flew down from the sky, stabbing into the ground.

—Only for it to be followed by countless more, raining down like droplets of water.

The figure of the Abyss Prince Karzio jumped backward to the left in order to avoid the barrage of attacks, catching one of the spears out of the air as it melted and reformed behind him… forcing him to simply drop all attempts at a counter attack to turn around and book it.

“H-hey! Alright! I get it already! I’m not drunk any more! Can’t we just talk it out?!”

““Die!””

A thunderous voice echoed through every corner of the Undercity, along with a surge of mysterious power that began to gather. The various crystalized weapons that were thrown down melted into a pool of light before starting to swirl, transforming into a violent whirlpool, chasing after the Abyss Prince.

The narrow streets were filled with countless ice-formed weapons, a flooding snow current as though a storm had been released from the cold depths of hell.

The ice underneath his feet melted and reform, catching him.

He took the full hit.

Booom—!

—And was sent flying back at an uncontrollable speed!

Every particle of cold mist was seemingly untouchable, and all had the ability to change the speed of everything they touched!

Eventually, like a bullet, the figure of Karzio flew back to the center of the frozen, crystalized canal in front of The Golden Catfish Restaurant, surrounded by the wreckage of the ships.

With an explosion that sent everything around it flying all over.

And once the dust settled…

His appearance was miserable.

As his face was cast down, his blonde hair casting shadows, certain voices began to appear.

Who is he? Pathetically running away? Giving up without a fight? Him?

“Okay, fine…”

After a moment of solemnity, the atmosphere around Karzio changed.

He raised his head, casting a furious gaze forward.

“Let’s go—”

Clap—!

…..

However…

Along with the resounding sound of clapping, the senses of everyone single Chaos Angel in the area was simultaneously attracted deeply by a presence.

A chill… ran down Karzio’s spine.

At the same time, all around him, on the ships’ wreckage, the remains of the Golden Catfish, and on the frozen shards of ice, suddenly, 14 shadowy-forms revealed themselves through the mist.

The Angels of House Lucianna, casting their scarlet gazes that seemed to burn through the cold mist into the center of the frozen canal.

The sounds of a footstep, ethereally resounded, signaling the arrival of the Goddess of this [Domain].

…..

“Brother Altarin! Sister Vena!”

““Eden!””

In the beginning of the canal area, right where the icy surface ended. Jumping off of the motorcycle, Eden ran down the curved ice, shouting at the figure floating forward in the sky above him.

Immediately, they noticed him from that distance and rushed toward him, turning themselves into a swirl of white mist, traveling across the space in-between in a blink of an eye.

The silverlight wings dissipate instantly. The halos of weapons burst into pieces. 

Underneath the glittering snow falls, the figure of Eden was pulled into a hug.

After a moment…

Ayar, Vena and Altarin, separated their body from the golden-haired figure, holding his shoulders, staring at him.

““You’re still… Eden.””

“...?”

—A whisper that briefly stumped the small figure in their arms. Vena and Altarin showed a slight, relieved smile.

““It’s nothing. We’re glad that you’re okay.””

…..

“Hong!”

As Karzio found himself unable to move from the spot from the frosts thawing him, the barking of a certain cerberus was heard. A small shadow jumped forward and started rubbing his head affectionately on Karzio’s shin.

However, another presence was disabling him from responding to Bery’s sudden appearance—the appearance of the gorgeous lady in a black, gold-embroidered eastern dress, wearing a graceful smile.

“Well, it seems like you really hold nothing back when you’re playing around, Sir Karzio.”

At this point, all the Chaos Angels in the surrounding area had all gathered to watch the unfolding scene between them, remaining comfortably far away from the center of the frozen canal’s surface. 

With the appearance of their Goddess, every single one of them knew that the matter had already been resolved.

“L-Lucianna—”

The blonde-haired young man in tattered clothes tried to protest, with a pale face, stuttering, his body still unable to move.

As her every step was creating a miniscule crack on the icy surface.

“Shhh~...”

She put one finger on her lips.

Moving past the side of his body, pressing his shoulder with one hand.

And whispered.

“I’ll have to punish you.

“For reminding me of some bad memories.”

Then, walking a few more steps, she turned around.

“[Secret Hall of Judgement].”

Boom—!

A massive wooden board rose from the ground like a gate to the underworld, majestically stood high into the sky, flanked by two massive red pillars, the top of it was adorned with red, shrine-like supporting lintel.

On the board, a massive scroll, pure white, like a canvas, containing countless rows of countless names written in black ink—each line contained a life; secrets traded for desires to be fulfilled.

“Let’s seeee~… the 502nd Abyss Prince Karzio Kazandra.”

Lucianna loudly said, as if to put on a show for all the watching Chaos Angels.

The ink moved on the white canvas, quickly disappearing before only one remained.

And then.

Countless [scarlet lanterns] manifested themselves. They lit up the sky. Each one represented a line of his story—Karzio’s—the secrets he had traded to gain access to this place.

And in the next moment…

One by one, the lanterns died.

“...!”

Karzio’s body grew smaller. Shrunk. Became weak. 

The authority of [secrets]. The domain of darkness. The power to hide things, from the eyes, from the mind, from the world—and even from itself.

That was the true domain of a [god]. Perhaps, in reality, Karzio never really had a chance to resist in the face of such an absurd existence.

“I took away 100 years of your combat experience,” Lucianna said simply. “Without it, your body will [forget] all the evolutions it has gone through and revert back to its original form.”

Lucianna walked past the now weakened figure of Karzio. With a deep gasping breath, he landed on the ground. Every movement was a struggle.

But then…

“Hong~!”

Lucianna stopped in her tracks.

In front of Karzio, Bery the Cerberus was now standing his ground, even as he no longer had any more energy to transform into his true form.

“...”

Under her scarlet gaze, he remained there. In front of a divine being, in front of the entire domain full of Chaos Angels surrounding him. 

Not moving a centimeter.

Its intention was clear. A string of cause and effect was being tugged. An exchange. Perhaps, it was simply asking for a favor. 

—How brave.

Ultimately after a few seconds of stand-off where neither side was moving, the sounds of shuffling clothes made Lucianna turn to look behind her.

It was Eden who stepped forward.

“Bery…”

Crouching down, he picked up the small black-furred puppy.

After briefly staring at him, Eden turned to Karzio. 

The two’s eyes met.

He extended his arms, and offered Bery the Cerberus back to the Abyss Prince.

With a face that revealed no emotions…

“Take care… of him.”

“U-um.”

Karzio nodded profusely.

…..

—In the bar area above the unfolding situation.

“Ku-hu-hem~”

“““Miwari~!”””

Miwari announced her presence to the other three people observing the situation below by clearing her throat.

“Traitors. Don’t come any closer.” 

“It was just a spur of the moment, you know how much we love you!” Boss said, running over to hug the stern-faced girl from the front.

“Yes, yes! Miw is the best!” Kevin said, grabbing her shoulders.

“Please show us mercy, we were wrong!” Bell said, hugging her right arm.

“I… Ugh.”

…..

Vena and Altarin, currently in the form of Ayar, walked up to Eden and Lucianna.

“Hello there.”

"“Lady Lucianna—”"

“Oh, no-no-no. No need to be so distant.” She greeted them with a kind smile. “After the events of tonight, Eden and I shared an experience that went beyond physical and into the realm of pan-psychotic intimacy, we can already be considered parts of the same family.”

““???””

Vena and Altarin suddenly felt like their understanding of the Common Astrea Language had become insufficient… No… it’s more like they didn’t want to assume the most obvious implication and were now desperately trying to find alternate meanings, and found their understanding of the Common Astrea Language to be insufficient.

“I’ll talk to you later, after dealing with everything.”

Those words—they were not meant for the two of them.

The mumblings of the crowd of Chaos Angels spread around.

Eventually…

“By the way, who is that girl?”

“Why is she with Lady Lucianna?”

Eden, who was more and more becoming the subject of all of their attention, simply turned to address them all with a polite bow.

Due to the constant snowfall, and the mixing of red and orange lights, the sky of the undercity had never been any brighter.

“Hello… nice to meet you… my name… is Eden.”

“““...!”””

—At that instant, the hearts of the Chaos Angels skipped a beat.

So, the violent storm, the unpredictable, uncontrollable force of nature that did whatever it pleased had come and gone.

And the ridiculous chaos of this nonsensical evening finally came to an end.

Finally.

—————……….

0